WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Party questions...

3OhioBoys
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
What do you use as an incentive for booking a party?

Do you do any sort of games at your open houses?

wonderfullymade
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
If I'm having a slow month with not a lot booked already, I may offer a free necklace to the first person to book with me that month. They would get their necklace the day of the show.

I'm having a show on the 20th and am playing my own rendition of Deal or No Deal. Everyone will get a gift at the door. Before they checkout or leave, they get to open their gift. If they book a show with me then they are choosing Deal and get to keep the gift (to be redeemed at their home show). If they don't take the Deal, the gift comes back to me. I'm doing this to help me to ask every guest if they would like to host a show in a non-threatening way. I used to never ask anyone and just expect the shows to book themselves which happened for a little while, but to keep my business going strong, I learned I have to ask. :)

Other than that, no games.

poncesand
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
For March I am offering a free bracelet from the new spring collection as my booking incentive. I just announced this today. As far as games are concerned I don't play any. I am going to see about having some drawing slips made to use at my open house's (and any vendor booths I attend) and have a drawing for a free piece of jewelry.

3OhioBoys
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
I like the idea of giving a piece of jewelry to the first person to book a party.

I had been thinking of doing some sort of bingo that I fill in the spots based on certain things; RSVPing, bringing a guest, booking a party, for every $25 spent, etc. And I think I will let them choose a pair of glasses or a bracelet.

wonderfullymade
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
I think the Bingo is a great idea! :)