WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Let's get this board hoppin!

*Lyndsey*
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
What are you doing for your busines?

I made a website, fan page, blog and now I am in the progress of making a team yahoo group for my team! I got 3 people signed on last week! :) Love this business!

wonderfullymade
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
I agree, let's get this place hopping!

Lyndsey, JJ makes it easy to recruit, agree? Congrats on the new recruits!

Great job on all the new items for your business! I've been working on improving my Ning group for my team. You can post documents through some of their widgets and have pictures of everyone on the team. Six of our ladies are on there right now, but I hope the rest of them will join soon.

I'm doing my first Team Training on Recruiting on Thursday. I'm excited to be able to share, encourage, and bond with our team. :) I have enough recruits to be a Sr. Team Leader, but need to keep on helping those on my team that want to have teams. Once they begin building their team, then I'll finally be able to officially be a team leader. I really hope to get there before the Spring Seminar. :)

Lots of new ideas for this year! I'm excited!

poncesand
01-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Geez, I want to learn from you guys! I got my first recruit today, so excited! I have an event at the end of the month. Got my stamp in from vistaprints, 10% off any one item. Stamping this on back of my business cards, I'll be leaving these with waitress's etc...
I need to work on getting a blog. I love this business!

mwarner
01-20-2010, 02:43 AM
I get my kit today. I'm so excited. I talked to Lyndsey about it every day on facebook.
I just can't wait to get my hands on everything so I can show people outside of the catalog. I had my first order and catalog party before I even decided for sure I was going to do it.

Hope this is a start of something very successful!

wonderfullymade
01-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Sandra, just jumping right in is great! You will learn a lot by reading and re-reading the consultant manual, attending team meetings, listening to the weekly calls, too! And the best thing that helped me learn a whole lot was asking questions. So glad we have a forum here where we can do that, too! :)

Great idea with the business card! This does work! I also keep business cards in my change tray in my car. If I ever drive through anywhere and they comment on my jewelry, I give them my card and have them view the catalog online if I don't have catalogs left. (which is a common problem...I'm always handing them out) You never know when you are handing your card to your next biggest customer or hostess! ;)

3OhioBoys
01-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi everyone! I got my first order in on Monday! How fun was that box? Right now I am just trying to get people to host an open house. I have several maybe's. I have had quite a few catalog orders though. I think people are skeptical of the product because our prices are so much better than the competition. I plan on going to my moms work today and wearing Riley; what a knockout!

javajudy
01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
I spent 3 hours brainstorming with Amy yesterday ( Amy that cake was so good, I could really go buy another one and eat the whole thing myself, but I won't:D)....

She helped me create a plan of action with some bullet points and we will be in communication almost daily, and I think based on that, it will get my business off to a great start.

Thanks Amy for your patience and endurance with me.....I will make ya proud..and probably follow you anywhere as long as you are holding a slice of that coconut cake in front of me....

Judy

wonderfullymade
01-20-2010, 08:24 AM
So would it be bad if I bought more of that cake and just hid it in the deep freezer that we never go in so my hubby won't find it? :D

Judy, you've got a great plan of action. I really like your ideas and love the God-given idea for our team. :)

javajudy
01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Not any worse than I was, when I would hide the caramel apple pies I would bring home from the bed and breakfast I worked at.....I would take a bite or so a day and not share it with anyone....it was my secret indulgence....I got really good at mumbling things and not looking like I was chewing anything if my husband or son came into the kitchen.....I also found that frozen pies and cakes, really aren't all that bad.....:D

My theory was that if it was frozen it took me longer to eat it and thereby I probably negated some of the calories.....yeah, I know I live in my own little world at times, but whatever works, huh :cool:

justjewelrybarn
01-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi everyone. I joined JJ the first part of January and I am loving it! I have gotten quite a few orders. I have a fan page and a blog and am working on getting flyers out locally. I am confident that I am going to Rock this Business. I am looking for ideas and advice! Lyndsey is great!

sglashower
01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone. I joined JJ the first part of January and I am loving it! I have gotten quite a few orders. I have a fan page and a blog and am working on getting flyers out locally. I am confident that I am going to Rock this Business. I am looking for ideas and advice! Lyndsey is great!

Welcome to Just Jewelry! Let us know if you have any questions as the ladies here are all very helpful!