WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

CammiB
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
I saw this poll on another site, and was wondering if it was possible that this movement could change the direction of the US. I don't trust either D or R parties. But I have also been under the mindset that change would have to come from within. What do you think? I don't think Republicans would stand a chance against a Tea Party. But what about the Democrats? Are there enough fed up Democrats out there that would vote against their party?

adbullock
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I do believe it was Ron Paul supporters and some libertarians that formed the first "tea party." I get rather annoyed that people who still claim not to agree with Ron Paul's ideals are trying to jump on the Tea Party bandwagon when it was his ideals that got it started in the beginning and are still pertinent at the core of the Tea Party movement.

I don't think it should become a third party. Like Ron Paul has said many times with a third party movement 90% of the effort, time, and money goes into just getting on the ballot.It's going to require those who have tea party ideals to get out and run for office to remove all the neo-cons and 'quasi-cons' (yes i know it isn't a word I just made it up) that are currently in office. The problem is that we don't currently have anyone to replace them because people won't vote for someone they don't think will win (I just hope everyone sees where that got us in the last election).

So, no, I don't believe the Tea Party should branch away from the Republican party. I think what needs to happen is that the tea party movement needs to overthrow the current Republican party and we need to begin cleaning house by removing every Republican from office that voted for that monstrosity of a "bail out" package way back when. The problem is that things have gotten so much worse since then that everyone has forgotten all about how these so-called fiscal conservatives have betrayed their core beliefs and everyone who voted them into office with a plan that was reckless, ill conceived, and completely and utterly ineffective at derailing the economic crisis.

CammiB
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
That's pretty much what I was thinking too.

Here is what I am afraid is going on in my state. We recently got yet another email form letter stating why Pryor will vote for the healthcare bill, despite the overwhelming opposition from constituents. He isn't up for reelection. There's a new guy being pushed through the media to take Lincolns place. He is a Republican, backed by the "political" republicans in the state. We saw an article in the Arkansas Gazette (extremely liberal biased newpaper) by one of these political republicans dogging the only true conservative I know of running in the state.

My point: What's going to happen is that the Republican party is going to back this new person, pushing another RHINO into office. We will end up with more of the same, if this takes place. Those controlling the media and those in the political spectrum are all the same. Doesn't matter if they are D or R - the result is always the same. People are fed up with the "Democrats" now, so they are going to vote for the Republican, whoever it is. It's a game to them. They (with the exception of a rare few who cannot be bought off) all seem to be working towards the same goal, and neither partys core controlers have the good of the country at heart, quite the contrary in fact.

I hope the Tea Party does overthrow the Republican Party from the inside. I just think we had better be extra careful and not assume anybody to be what they claim they are. Sorry, done ranting :)

adbullock
01-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Well it seems there is at least one tea party candidate running in Arkansas. He has a skeleton or two in his closet so I'm not sure if you'd be interested but he might be better than the other choices you have. I'm also not sure how old this article is so it may be old news to you.

Tea party leader to run for Senate - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23775.html)

I hear you on the fed up. I'm there. What really strikes me as funny is after all the talk of "Hope and Change" it's the same story on a different day. Spend more money, take more liberties, and build up a debt there is no way the country can afford in this generation or the next.

trinkies
01-08-2010, 06:00 AM
I think the Tea Party could change the old guard within the Republican party but it's going to be a fight.

Here locally I'm working for a state senate candidate that came out of the Tea Party. She is running as a republican. The local GOP clubs are endorsing the incumbent that only has a 32% conservative rating. They are very snippy about anyone taking his place. So many in place already "know" this person or that person. To say the least this is going to be an interesting race.

I do know the Ron Paul people around are supporting her though so this could be a plus.

On another note remember the Marine that stood up to his congressman and railed on him about defending the Constitution? He is running for Congress. If you don't remember him doing that the video is on his website. David W Hedrick for United States Congress - MAIN PAGE (http://www.davidwhedrick.com/)

Yuliya Mironova
01-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I'd imagine the Democrats would be absolutely delighted if the "tea party" became a third party? When you've won an overall majority of the vote last time around, not many things are more likely to prolong and secure your tenure of power than the minority opposition fragmenting itself still further, surely?

CammiB
01-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Is anybody else worried about the upcoming elections being manipulated? Seems the Dems are doing all they can to make sure they will stay in power through the election process.

tictac12585
01-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I think tea party people are dependent upon being angry. They have a fire in thier belly caused by the direction they believe this country to be heading. Much of this fire is/was flamed by Rush, Hannity, Beck, and other wannabe heads of the underground conservative movement.

Maybe they do have reason to be scared and angry but its not going to last forever; not at the level it once was anyways. I think we have seen the hieghts of the tea party movement last summer when many people still were not sure just what Obama was going to do during his first year in office. They see now that the end of the world has not yet happened and they have backed off.

adbullock
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I think tea party people are dependent upon being angry. They have a fire in thier belly caused by the direction they believe this country to be heading. Much of this fire is/was flamed by Rush, Hannity, Beck, and other wannabe heads of the underground conservative movement.

Maybe they do have reason to be scared and angry but its not going to last forever; not at the level it once was anyways. I think we have seen the hieghts of the tea party movement last summer when many people still were not sure just what Obama was going to do during his first year in office. They see now that the end of the world has not yet happened and they have backed off.

I think this shows how much you don't know about the tea party movement at its roots. This wasn't something created by Rush or Hannity or even Beck. It was something created by Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, and others who believe in small government and fiscal conservatism.

The fire in our belly isn't over where the country is heading now but where it's been heading for the last couple of decades. We're tired of excessive government spending, we're tired of big government (how many czars do we need after all?), we're tired of sacrificing liberty for security (Patriot Act anyone?), and we're really tired of the idea that this extreme discontent is going to burn itself out and go away.

The tea party is more than symbolic. It's relevant to what's going on in the hearts and minds of a group of people that is growing by leaps and bounds. It's not getting any smaller. Take a look at Massachusetts if you think this has burned itself out. We aren't going anywhere no matter how much wishful thinking exists on the other side.

kamie3535
01-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I think this shows how much you don't know about the tea party movement at its roots. This wasn't something created by Rush or Hannity or even Beck. It was something created by Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, and others who believe in small government and fiscal conservatism.

The fire in our belly isn't over where the country is heading now but where it's been heading for the last couple of decades. We're tired of excessive government spending, we're tired of big government (how many czars do we need after all?), we're tired of sacrificing liberty for security (Patriot Act anyone?), and we're really tired of the idea that this extreme discontent is going to burn itself out and go away.

The tea party is more than symbolic. It's relevant to what's going on in the hearts and minds of a group of people that is growing by leaps and bounds. It's not getting any smaller. Take a look at Massachusetts if you think this has burned itself out. We aren't going anywhere no matter how much wishful thinking exists on the other side.

Boy you nailed it here.

I'm still in shock Brown won in MA. I was hoping for a tight race to at least send a message. This was just icing.

tictac12585
01-20-2010, 12:01 AM

I see now that I did a bad job getting my point across. . .I talk ALL THE TIME about this with my family. I have a very large family and most of them identify with "tea party" values, yet they don't really believe nor want it to become an actual political party. And THIS is what I meant to discuss. So yes, I know much about this movement, and I agree with what your saying, just not wholly. The tea party in of itself is not a party and will not be, at least not a relevant contendor if actually formed.

Maybe I'm just ignorant, and the past 100 years don't mean anything but the only two relevant parties will remain just that. Of course they will mutate and adjust to satify there bases tastes'. Also, I KNOW this movement wastn't created by AM radio; its simply been flamed by it. I listen to them basically every day, and have been for about seven years now. And before that grew up struggling day to day with my family as we watched this country fundamentally change over the course of my lifetime.

What I do think could very well happen before any new party is formed is a new revotlution of sorts. But I think with Brown and what is going to happen in the mid term elections, we will bring some balance back to government and as long as the GOP doesn't mess things up- then we will take the White House back in 2012 while holding a majority in the Senate and get things back on track. . . Because if we don't, then people like you and me and my family are preparing to make things happen.

So, in fewer words, Im with you. I would just prefer to see an overthrow of government before forming a new party and waiting 20 years to fill enough seat to make any kind of an impact. The GOP needs to confom to this movement and makes things happen, thats the only way I see things changing any time soon. I hope this rant makes sense.

NYChaChaMom
03-26-2010, 11:23 AM
No - they are basically Libertarians. Same ol..same ol... fear.. paranoia... it will wear out. Here's a great video about the T-party:

Video: On Topic: Scandal-List - Tea Bagging | The Daily Show | Comedy Central (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-march-22-2010/on-topic--scandal-list---tea-bagging)

Bailey4
03-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I find it ironic that the Democrats are spreading fear about the Tea Party complaining they are racists and homophobes. Yet your link calls them teabaggers. Is calling people sexual slurs a way of showing superior intellectual debating skills on political issues? When Congressmen starting using the term this weekend while complaining about racism and homphobic "teabaggers" I had to wonder if they realized the hypocricy. They complain about people using hate speech while using it. Oddly enough the media ignored the hypocricy, perhaps because they too use the term "teabaggers" as an appropriate reference.

Ironically nobody knows who is throwing the bricks and the slurs. The Democratic office that had a brick thrown through it and blamed the Republican party for it in the 2008 election screamed about racists Republicans. When the police identified the criminal as a Democrat, little was said about hateful Democrats expressing hate against their own. It was dropped because it wasn't politically useful.

As for the anger dying out, I doubt it. People who have never cared about politics are just waking up. They are not hard core Republicans, but Americans who are not crazy about either party. However, once awakened, don't expect them to fall back into apathy. It took a great deal to awake them and make them aware. These are not fair weather people who only care about a specific canidate, party, or one issue. They are truly concerned about the direction the country is taking. That will continue even if Republicans are at the wheel. They will not get an free ride, unlike the Obama worshipers are failing to hold their canidate accoutable for his promises.

Stephmz24
03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Should the Tea Party become a third party?

Only if you enjoy those on the left remaining in control of everything.

I personally think it would be one of the most damaging things that could happen to those who lean right. It would be like Christmas in November to the Democrats.

Bailey4
03-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Hey when the taxes kick in for those under $200,000 it will be Christmas for all those who are not Democrats. Obama is lacking in credibility at the moment Steph.

Did you enjoy the CSPAN coverage you were promised?

philena30
03-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Ironically nobody knows who is throwing the bricks and the slurs. The Democratic office that had a brick thrown through it and blamed the Republican party for it in the 2008 election screamed about racists Republicans. When the police identified the criminal as a Democrat, little was said about hateful Democrats expressing hate against their own. It was dropped because it wasn't politically useful.

The problem with the Tea Party is that the majority is made up of "truthers". 9/11 truthers, vaccine truthers, climate change truthers, etc."

Now it doesn't matter what party you're in, it's how you legislate. Ironic truth right?

I'm still trying to fight against the race baiting, but it's been hard. I began by warning about what happened with Google and Alex Jones (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=141797), but it was a mixed response. But it's slowly working because another member wondered about Tiger Woods being conspiracy (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=139634) or some type of distraction. While the stimulus package (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=141919) is still shedding some light. But they go right back to supporting the HC bill (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=142038). This is going to take some time because financial education is not a strong point nowadays. I'm following the failing interest of mainstream hip-hop music as well. They have similar patterns of going back and forth.

All I can tell ya, the ground is getting kinda shaky.

Bailey4
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM
So now you buy into the propeganda? Ironic isn't it. When people can't argue with protestors complaining about out of control spending and taxes, the only way to defeat them is to call them sexual names, "teabaggers," and then claim they must be part of fringe groups.

I often wonder if all the Obama supporters and attackers of the teaparty are the real doubters of his authentic birth certificate since they are the ones that so often bring it up when "the one" is attacked. As for the 9/11 truthers, I haven't seen many of those signs at the teaparties. Oddly enought the focus does seem to be on the Constitution and taxes. I guess that would be frightening to members of Congress. How dare the American people wake up and want them to follow the Constitution.

missyroth
03-27-2010, 08:59 PM

As for the anger dying out, I doubt it. People who have never cared about politics are just waking up. They are not hard core Republicans, but Americans who are not crazy about either party. However, once awakened, don't expect them to fall back into apathy. It took a great deal to awake them and make them aware. These are not fair weather people who only care about a specific canidate, party, or one issue. They are truly concerned about the direction the country is taking. That will continue even if Republicans are at the wheel. They will not get an free ride, unlike the Obama worshipers are failing to hold their canidate accoutable for his promises.

Exactly! This describes me very well.

Bailey4
03-28-2010, 07:03 AM
I find it hilarious that liberal Democrats are so sure that giving people options insures a Democratic victory. Now that the Democrats have alienated moderate Demcorats and independents where do they think those voters will go? Do they think they will just give up their values and beliefs and join the Obama transformation because there are no other options? I think open and honest debate is the most dangerous thing that could happen to the Democratic Party. That is why they are trying to marginilize the Tea Party movement as being a racist, hateful group of people. When they discuss issues like the Constitution, taxes, and limited government it forces both parties to discuss these issues.

What answers does Obama have for these issues? People who want the Constitution are racist haters. They have no standing to ask for their government to ask to follow the rules they pledged to accept when they took office.

So frankly, I don't see it being a danger to this country, I see it forcing both parties to address issues people have wanted to discuss for years. It will provide moderates and conservitives from both parties and independents with a means to challenge canidates to meet the challenges presented.

The liberal base of this country is hardly enough to carry the balance of power in this country. Left wing Democrats have to attract moderates and independents. Anger over Bush was a powerful motivator to do that. Bush is gone. Obama is becoming the new Bush as a devise President that rallies people to want change. Just not the kind he promised.

CammiB
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
The problem with the Tea Party is that the majority is made up of "truthers". 9/11 truthers, vaccine truthers, climate change truthers, etc."

Now it doesn't matter what party you're in, it's how you legislate. Ironic truth right?

I'm still trying to fight against the race baiting, but it's been hard. I began by warning about what happened with Google and Alex Jones (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=141797), but it was a mixed response. But it's slowly working because another member wondered about Tiger Woods being conspiracy (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=139634) or some type of distraction. While the stimulus package (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=141919) is still shedding some light. But they go right back to supporting the HC bill (http://www.connectingblack.com/ForumDetails.aspx?ForumID=142038). This is going to take some time because financial education is not a strong point nowadays. I'm following the failing interest of mainstream hip-hop music as well. They have similar patterns of going back and forth.

All I can tell ya, the ground is getting kinda shaky.

Well, I absolutely agree we are on shaky ground. Here's a quote from a link I followed in your post that gets to the heart of the problem.

The "beauty" of the GPE, is that they play on folks dealing in Dem/Rep, Liberal/Neo Con's!! Wake up sleepell!!!!! The GPE use both parties!!!!! The "Blue Masons" Skull & Bones Bilderberg group et al, use us all!!! Black, White, Brown, etc!!!!!!!!!!

I for one don't like being manipulated. It took little research to find that leaders in both parties are all members of the same elite global groups. They control our media. They control our school systems. They control our financial institutions...etc. The problem I see is this...we can vote out representatives because they are "temporaries". Yet, its not the temporaries calling the shots...it's what my college professor termed the "permanents". Until we get to the root of the problem and eliminate it...we will never get off the road we have started down, if its even possible.

CammiB
03-28-2010, 07:58 PM
I think open and honest debate is the most dangerous thing that could happen to the Democratic Party. That is why they are trying to marginilize the Tea Party movement as being a racist, hateful group of people. When they discuss issues like the Constitution, taxes, and limited government it forces both parties to discuss these issues.

I absolutely agree and I don't think we will see many "open and honest debates" with these liberals. The only way they can win is to eliminate their opposition. I think they are already starting down that road trying to paint Tea Party people as "haters" or as violent. I saw an article tonight where they are labeling a militia group as Christian. Shakey ground for sure.

Bailey4
03-29-2010, 08:17 AM
I do think you are seeing more of it in the contested Republican primaries and far from seeing this as a "bad" thing I think in the long run it will be healthy. People can fight for canidates that are closer to kinds of canidates they want to have rather than the ones they are blessed with by the party.

If you notice now that the election is over Romney care is finally becoming a contested issue with the passage of Obama care. This should have been a hotly contested issue during the primaries, not his Mormon beliefs. As a MA resident I never have believed Romney was the fiscal canidate that the Republicans sold him as being. Had there been stronger contests that might have come to light and the party still would not be promoting him as the next round solution to Obama in 2012.

The Democrats could also benefit from stronger contests. Scott Brown is actually more of what the American public would consider a moderate Democrat than a traditional Republican. Had the Democratic party listened to the citizen's of MA and found a more moderate canidate to run that listened and expressed the views of the citizen's we would likely still have a Democratic seat. Brown is hardly a win for the far right. He is a more of a Romney Republican. That is what the rest of the country calls a moderate Democrat. We just have lost the moderate arm of the Democrat party here. If you listen to Brown and read his record, he would fit in with most of the Blue Dogs.

Deshia
03-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Another politcal party, full of politicians with the same old thing.....just the truth being stretched in yet ANOTHER direction. ;)

Bailey4
03-29-2010, 09:23 AM
What alternative do you suggest, a dicator? After all Obama's advisors love Mao.