WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : thinking of joining

treasurefoorever
11-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi All--I currently work FT and sell lia sophia PT. I am up in New England and we seem to be saturated with lia sophia!! I am really considering making the switch-over to Thirty One, or possibly selling both. I spoke to someone who told me there are only 7 Thirty One consultants in all of NH, where I live, so that could be increadible. I wanted some feedback, though, from all of you. What has been your experience with Thirty One. With lia sophia, I think a lot of people know about it so it is easier to book shows...but also, there are SOO many shows going on that people sometimes don't want to book because they just WENT to a show or something like that. Any feedback you could provide would be great! THanks!

krispyrice1230
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I too used to sell lia sophia, and now I sell Thirty-One. I live in OH, and have a ton of ls advisors around me, including one of the top people in the company. I made the switch, and have not regretted my decision.

I have been with Thirty-One since the end of April and have had an incredible reaction to the product and parties. I have been working my business both through parties and craft/vendor fairs. I can actually get into fairs out here since Thirty-One is so new, which is a very nice change. Anyway, I am having good sales at my parties since the product is very affordable, and I actually find it easier to book parties. Honestly, all I do is ask, and I am getting multiple bookings from parties and vendor events. I don't have to bribe people with everything including the kitchen sink to get them to book parties. Thirty-One parties are new and fresh, the product is unique and functional, and the prices are amazing!

I have also found recruiting to be much easier. Now mind you I am not a big recruiter, but I have had several recruits just kinda fall into my lap without really trying. In fact, I am poised to go into Director-in-Qualifying in either Dec. or Jan. (Director is pretty equivelent to Unit Manager but without the harsh penalities for not meeting your numbers.) The start up fee is low and we don't put enourmous pressure on people to have so much in sales or a certain number of parties in the beginning. Plus again, people like something new, and there are not many people selling these right now, so the field is wide open.

OK, one more thing. If you like earning trips, this is the company for you. Their trips are super easy to earn! We have one called a Dream Reward where you work towards your choice of a Cruise, Disney vacation, or Dell computer package. Your earning period is for twelve full months based on your personal start date, so no matter what month of the year you join, you have equal opportunity to earn the trip. AND, the company just announce a leadership trip to the Riveria Maya which we can earn from Jan 1 to May 31. There is a post on the board giving more info about the requirements, but let's just say, I have never seen a more doable trip in all my years.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions, there are quite a few of us that are either current or past ls Advisors.

Good Luck to you!

t_ls
11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I just started 31 about 3 weeks ago and also sell Lia Sophia. I have had a slower year with a few setbacks. I really like doing 4 - 6 shows a month for the family income and goals, but have not been able to reach those numbers with LS this year. So I thought if I added something else, together I can do that. I really like the 31 Gifts catalog and like you said - we in MI only have 69 consultants -- your state only 7! Truly ground floor.

I've done 2 parties, have 2 other bookings and 2 vendor shows coming up. When people see the product they love it. The quality is great and it's so fashion forward with the materials it's very popular with the current trends. Just take a look at the plaid and argyle purses for example -- so hot!!

I'll say what made me realize I needed to supplement lia was when I got a new hairdresser, #3 at the same salon and I thought maybe she'll have a show for me. My past hairdressers were young and left for other opportunities - another salon in CA was one of them :) Anyway, I go in and my new girl is drapped in LS. Well one of her other clients is a LS rep, in my region, and she just had a party. Goodness I can't even get my hairdresser to have a party because she just had one. Well that won't happen with 31!!!

So ground floor, great product, little cost and you get some great bags. Good compenstion and rewarding for their leaders, you really don't have anything to loose.

You can ask any other questions. We are here to answer them!

Terrie

akerr1117
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I too am a LS advisor and I started 31 with the intention of seeing how it would go. Needless to say in 3.5 months I'm letting my LS biz go by the wayside because I promoted to Senior Consultant after 60 days and this month am promoting to Director in Qualifications. As these girls have said recruiting is much easier and getitng parties is much easier. This time of year is great too because everyone is looking for gifts. Good luck in making your decision. There are 3 of us here who would tell you to go for it for sure :)

haydens_mom
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
How many 31 reps are in Washington?

akerr1117
11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Hayden's mom there are only 11 Thirty-One reps in all of Washington state!!! Holy cow that is alot of opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me at akerr1117@sbcglobal.net for more info.

haydens_mom
11-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Hayden's mom there are only 11 Thirty-One reps in all of Washington state!!! Holy cow that is alot of opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me at akerr1117@sbcglobal.net for more info.

Yes that is wonderful! How many within the entire company right now????

DreamBuilderCS
11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I had a recruit sign about a week ago and she was 14234. Keep in mind that not everyone that buys a kit does anything. Some people are "kit nappers" (LOL) that just buy the kit for the discount. Others have started Thirty-One and not pursued the business overtime. That being said, it's hard to guess how many consultants are actually active. :)

Catharine

Thirty-One Gifts
484-614-3690
Welcome to Thirty-One (http://www.mythirtyone.com/csmall)

akerr1117
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Here is the latest count by state. Comes to total of 7411 active consultants... Lots of opportunity!

Alabama 445
Alaska 2
Arizona 15
Arkansas 44
California 47
Colorado 17
Conneticutt 22
Delaware 47
Florida 421
Georgia 557
Hawaii 12
Idaho 5
Illinois 269
Indiana 173
Iowa 18
Kansas 31
Kentucky 493
Louisiana 54
Maine 5
Maryland 59
Massachusetts 19
Michigan 78
Minnesota 26
Mississippi 72
Missouri 180
Montana 7
Nebraska 22
Nevada 5
New Hampshire 9
New Jersey 42
New Mexico 11
New York 68
North Carolina 1061
North Dakota 3
Ohio 581
Oklahoma 48
Oregon 3
Pennsylvania 211
Rhode Island 2
South Carolina 690
South Dakota 4
Tennesse 675
Texas 203
Utah 9
Vermont 0
Virginia 554
Washinton 11
West Virginia 54
Wisconsin 19
Wyoming 8
Total 7411

amandameredith
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I am also thinking about joining. I have a ton of questions though but I'm not really into doing a lot of home parties, I also sell Scentsy and I love it that I can just do basket and online parties without having to find a babysitter for my kids. Do you have to do Home parties with Thirty One to make money? I would probably just want to do this on the side of Scentsy but I think I could sell quite a bit of it especially to myself lol, The bags and little buckets would be so great for my Scentsy basket testers, and all the other bags and stationary would also work great for my business. How much do you have to sell to stay active? Does the company pay for hostess rewards? Could you guys tell me what you get in your kit?

Thanks so much!

Amanda Meredith
amandameredith@vistabeam.com
amandameredith.scentsy.us

akerr1117
11-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Amanda - just sent you an email with lots of info! Hope it helps!

ThirtyOneMom
11-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Amanda,

I work crazy hours at my job right now and I do a ton of Parties To Go. Last month in addition to my home shows I had three of them and a catalog show 2 of them were over $900 and one of them over $450. So it is very doable.

Patti

amandameredith
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Thank you Angie!! I will definently be joining soon but I don't have the money right now because I am saving up for Christmas shopping and also in the process of finishing our house. I love all the stuff Thirty One has, it is all super cute. Do you think I could get one of each Catalog so I can see how many people in my area are interested in it and how many parties I can get started? There are only 8 consultants in Wyoming? I saw a map somewhere on the internet that said there were 8 consultants in May of 2009, so are there still only 8? I am very excited to see what people in my area think of Thirty One! I know I will order a few for all my Scentsy basket party sets and I love buying diaper bags! I have close to 20 of them and still keep buying them even though my baby is almost 2!! I like how the diaper bags in thirty one aren't really babyish and could be used for adults without babies too.

You can mail my catalogs to:

Amanda Meredith
PO Box 423
Glendo, WY 82213

Thank you so much!! I am very excited and can't wait to start!

akerr1117
11-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Amanda - I will put catalogs in the mail to you! The advisor number for Wyoming was taken from our national advisor map earlier this week so it is a current number. Below are the numbers by state.
Alabama 445
Alaska 2
Arizona 15
Arkansas 44
California 47
Colorado 17
Conneticutt 22
Delaware 47
Florida 421
Georgia 557
Hawaii 12
Idaho 5
Illinois 269
Indiana 173
Iowa 18
Kansas 31
Kentucky 493
Louisiana 54
Maine 5
Maryland 59
Massachusetts 19
Michigan 78
Minnesota 26
Mississippi 72
Missouri 180
Montana 7
Nebraska 22
Nevada 5
New Hampshire 9
New Jersey 42
New Mexico 11
New York 68
North Carolina 1061
North Dakota 3
Ohio 581
Oklahoma 48
Oregon 3
Pennsylvania 211
Rhode Island 2
South Carolina 690
South Dakota 4
Tennesse 675
Texas 203
Utah 9
Vermont 0
Virginia 554
Washinton 11
West Virginia 54
Wisconsin 19
Wyoming 8
Total 7411

softball_momma
11-18-2009, 09:34 PM
ok admittedly I got to this forum simply because after clicking on "new posts" and I saw the 31 thread I had to be nosy and see what the heck 31 was...I peeked in at the website and catalog and it looks like you guys have a really cute product!!!!

beachchef
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Glad you like it Softball Momma - we are kinda partial to it too !!! :D Cindy

successsweet
12-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Is 31 gifts something that can be sold online? I am finding that with Scentsy it's a smell and sell product and doesnt sell well online.

I am looking more for a way to earn online.

akerr1117
12-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Yes you can definitely sell items online and be successful. People do like to get their hands on items, but I get lots of online orders for people looking for gifts for engagements,new moms, etc.

ThirtyOneMom
12-05-2009, 09:13 AM
You could but I think they sell even better if you can see them in person, I think one thing that people love is the personalization.

I do many "Party-To-Go's" where I give my hostesses a small bag with a few items in it, catalogs, order forms and special sheets. This has worked really well for me in fact I had 4 PTG shows last month that were almost $1000. Not the same as online but easy.

Patti

my4crazykids
12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Would someone be willing to send me some more information on becoming a Thirty-One consultant? I'm interested, I love their stuff and it seems like it could be what I'm looking for at this time in my life. my4crazykids@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Keri

ThirtyOneMom
12-05-2009, 08:25 PM
On the way Keri. Have a great weekend!
Patti

my4crazykids
12-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Thank you everyone that sent me more information.

fefajo
12-06-2009, 07:26 AM
How much is it to join?

akerr1117
12-06-2009, 07:33 AM
$99 is the starter kit. In addition to the Thirty-One totes, etc. you get all of your business supplies PLUS your website and newsletter FREE for the 1st 3 months. There is also a Start Swell program that helps you get off to a good start with different incentives. The company really tries to help you get off to a good start.

stusg1rl
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I would love to get more info on becoming a rep and how to get started. I'm in west TN and I saw an earlier post that showed a lot of reps in TN but I haven't heard of any in my area. I would appreciate any info. TIA! :D

ThirtyOneMom
12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
One the way Laura.
Patti

momtomy3boys
12-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I have just been reading the posts in this forum and I am possibly interested in the Thirty-One gifts business. I looked at the website and the product looks very new and exciting. It also seems to be reasonably prices. Could someone please PM more information, such as start up costs and how to get started? Any info. would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if there are any reps. in my area (I live in Godley, TX which is 30 miles south of the DFW metroplex)? I ask because I used to sell BeautiControl but stopped due to the fact that their are SEVERAL reps. in my area.

Thank you so much and have a great afternoon!!

ThirtyOneMom
12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
On the way. Have a great day!
Patti

momtomy3boys
12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
WOW!! Thanks so much everyone for the PMs. I am reading through all of them. Lots of info. Again, thank you and please have a very happy holiday!!

ThirtyOneMom
12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks I hope that you have a great holiday also!

Patti