WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Party Question

prairie27
11-06-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm assuming at a party you don't want to sell the wraps or items you have on hand so that you get people to sign up as Customer Loyals, right? How do you handle it when someone asks if they can just buy a single or package of wraps from you right there??

LisaKuhel
11-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Hi!

Actually everyone attending buys the wrap ( you set the price , most do $20-$25 for the applicator).
The hostess will get her wrap free. :-)
They of course they will want to sign up as LC's after seeing the results etc, and some will see the light and want to be a Distributor.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

prairie27
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes, they will buy and get wrapped at the party, but wondering if they just wanted to buy another one to use later without signing up as a LC or distributor. Should I have some singles packaged to sell or not, since the goal is to get them to sign up.

LisaKuhel
11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Well it won't hurt to have some on hand, but who would want to pay $20 or $25 for 1 wrap when
they can get 4 for $49???

Are you already a DT? If so - get with your upline. We have multiple trainings for you.

If not - I'd be happy to speak with you. 602-363-2221 Home Office

itreallyworks
11-06-2009, 11:00 AM
It's totally up to you and how you want to handle it. I would have some product (wraps, gel, supplements if you have) on hand so they can buy at retail if they wish, but when you show them the savings, they will most likely want to be an LC

donyahw
11-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I am wanting to do parties but I have a question for you girls.. I know the host of the party gets there wrap free but do you guys offer them anything else like example 10% of party sales anything like that!!

Any HELP would be great ... TIA!!

Kelly Buechlein
11-07-2009, 06:33 AM
donya,

I offer a free wrap with min of 6 wrapping. To increase bookings; anyone that books a party will generate a free facial for the current hostess which she will get at the booked party or you can send it to her. The point is the incentive would be given after the booked party not before. I like this incentive because everyone wants to help people, so as an attendee you are directly helping your friend get something free and if you book a party you get the same opportunity at your party.

If the hostess decides to sign up during her party you could place all her friends under her which gets her qualified right then! I dont recommend giving a percentage because we already give them the opportunity at wholesale and a free wrap. People are successful without doing a percentage and even offering a free wrap, so I dont think you need it.I think offering cash devalues the product and I dont think it will increase profits. We know it works without any incentives, so just keep it simple.

Soonergirl74
11-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Good question Donya. I've thought about this a lot also coming from other companies who did offer their hostesses a lot. However, I'm learning that they really need to do that to get people to want to have parties for you where it's just not the case with our company. Not a knock on other companies at all, it's just the nature of the thing. There are a some people out there who love having home parties but the majority just don't. So it's important for a company to offer them an incentive.

What my experience has been is that people WANT to have a party because they think the product is so cool & they know their girlfriends would love it. The free wrap is just icing on the cake. I cannot tell you how many people tell me that our parties are not like anything they've seen & they love it. They have fun, it's easy. And very few get cancellations. If they do it's b/c the person really had something keep them from it. I had a girl this week cry because she ended up being too sick to come to the party!

So I agree with Kelly. I offer the free wrap if they have 6 people wrapping & then offer the facial the same way Kelly does.

LisaKuhel
11-07-2009, 08:08 PM
We also have great training vidoes in the back office ;)

donyahw
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Thank you guys you have made this much easier for me!! :)