WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : $35 Kit

babymakes5
10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I am thinking of joining. My plan is to get the $35 kit and order 1 pack of applicators for myself and then about 2-3 weeks later start my autoship to build my inventory for wrap parties. As I see it, although I won't get the DVD or padfolio, I will save about 50-60 dollars.

I have a couple of questions about this plan:

1. Can I choose the $29 e-office autoship as part of my $80 total?

2. As I understand, I will not get fast start bonuses until I sell $500 bv but will I still get all other commissions and bonuses?

3. Can the body applicator be used on kids?

4. Is there any other reason I should not go this route and instead save for the $199 kit?

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Sirrell
10-24-2009, 04:19 PM
1. Can I choose the $29 e-office autoship as part of my $80 total?
Nope Nadda

2. As I understand, I will not get fast start bonuses until I sell $500 bv but will I still get all other commissions and bonuses?
I don't think so...I think you need to have 500 BV's before you get any commissions at all..and then you have to be on 80 BV autoship

3. Can the body applicator be used on kids?
I'd be careful even tho this is herbs and oils its potent stuff I wouldn't if it were me. I guess it does depend on the age..I'd love others opinion on this one.

4. Is there any other reason I should not go this route and instead save for the $199 kit?i
I believe the $35 is used for Spas that really don't want autoship and only want to use the products in their services. Thats my understanding

Kelly Buechlein
10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Sirrell is correct and I wanted add a few things as well.

Let's break it down. You are paying $35 and then spending another $49 for a box of wraps which is $84. You mentioned you are going to add the auto ship next month which is another $80, so we are at $164.00 plus shipping and tax. To make any commissions you will have to gather your wraps for a few months to qualify for your commissions. So, let say you have party or wrap someone and they want to become a loyal or even a distributor. You lose out on commissions, etc. This is not a good way to get started. As Sirrell mentioned this is for a establishment that is selling retail an does not care about building a team or selling product to their customers at wholesale.

If you sign the way the system is set up you will gain the following.
Get your 8 wraps (let's say you use one) and sell the rest at your launch party which you would want to do right away to qualify for all bonuses. 7 wraps= $175
You get 4 loyals in your first 30 days you get $100 in free product which now you are at 100% profit. All this can be done in one day if you schedule a launch party!

This is just a brief summary of what you are losing by doing it this way. I would save for the kit and when you are getting close to ordering kit get your launch party scheduled. If you are wanting to try product you can become a loyal and then just change status when you order you kit. Starting off the right way is so important to your success.

Soonergirl74
10-24-2009, 07:43 PM
I am going to agree with Kelly. In these businesses it is so important you start off in the best situation possible. I have someone looking at the business who also wanted to go ahead & do the $35 because she didn't want to wait until she had the $199 to start, which will probably be another month. Ultimately it is up to her but but I really feel she'd be hurting her business in the long run. For all the reasons already stated above. Yes she would be able to start now & yes she'd save a little up front but she'd be costing herself a lot more than she saved in money she could've gotten from the company. The only ones I would advise to go the $35 route would be those who are in a business, like a spa or salon.

You also need to consider that as you grow a team you want them to duplicate what you do. You aren't going to want them to duplicate getting in at the $35.

Jen

donyahw
10-25-2009, 01:20 AM
I don't think so...I think you need to have 500 BV's before you get any commissions at all..and then you have to be on 80 BV autoship

I know to get commissions with the $35 fee you have to have either 500 BV's or 80 BV on autoship... I know because at the time I started I had to go with the $35 due to money being tight...

Kelly Buechlein
10-25-2009, 07:17 AM
the policy handbook state purchase kit or accumulate $500 before commissions. The auto ship qualifies you as well, but not when purchasing the $35 kit. There must be volume of $500 unless you get the kit... I am running out, so if not clarified later, I will copy the policy.
It is in the e-office if someone gets to it before I can.

I am going shopping today- fun!!

the either or applies to $150 in volumeor $80 auto once you have qualified....

ItWorks! 4 Me
10-25-2009, 08:03 AM
FYI unless this has changed, for the $35 kit you need 80 autoship or 150 PBV to qualify for commissions. The 500PBV (note: not GV) in cumulative volume is required to be eligible for FS bonuses!

There are several other posts on this topic as well ... I agree with getting started off on the best foot if you are able and that whatever YOU do tends to duplicate in posture and process throughout your organization!

All the best in success!:)

babymakes5
10-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Thank you for all of your responses. However, I see in the policies where you would not get fast start bonuses but you would still get commissions. You also would not get the additional 5% enroller bonus. I have looked through the entire compensation plan and the policies and procedures and I don't see anywhere that states that the $35 kit would not yield commissions. It would not make you eligible for commissions for that month unless you have $150 pbv or are on auto-ship of 80bv. Am I missing something?

Commission -yes
Bonues - no until 500pbv

Mainly, I want to use at least four wraps before I have a launch so I can have some results to share. Another option is to be a loyal customer for a month and then join but then what would happen to my loyal customer commitment?

Rita, I think your answer most closely fits what I thought to be true. I would do $35 kit plus 80bv autoship versus 199 kit and 80bv autoship. If I sold something during the time period it would take for me to get to 500 bv then it would only be 10% commission instead of 15% commission and no bonus if they do fast start....however, I did see something about a 30 dollar fast start bonus on one distributor's website...but let's not get even more confused :-). I could see I would be leaving money on the table with this method for a month or two but after that then all would be the same. I would encourage a team to do $199 if they had it but if they don't I can live without the fast start bonus... I think :-)

I may still save up and wait but I refuse to pay $20 to someone else every time I want to get wrapped (at least 4 more times) when I can pay $35, get the wraps at wholesale and then also make some commission from word of mouth as I prepare for my launch. I'm not trying to be rebellious to the system, I am open to your suggestions, but I want to get started asap and I don't have the money to invest as much. Still listening....

Neha_Sensaria
10-25-2009, 05:37 PM
You could go the route you mentioned and become a loyal customer first and then once you are ready, switch to a distributor. As far as I know, you can do that and your commitment is waived. This way, you can try the wraps you want to and then once you sign up, you can have your launch, have your story and be all set :)

I think the way the plan is setup is amazing...with the $199 kit, you are eligible for so much...makes the kit so worth the cost. Not only do you get the $100 in wraps, with 4 loyal customers in 30 days, you can get the $100 product rebate, you can get the 2 wrap rewards (box of applicators for $20), and you can start earning right away...commissions and fast starts!

It's truly a very good way to get started and it's so easy to make the initial cost back with your launch party.

Where are you located?

itreallyworks
10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Yup, Rita's got it right. Upgrade is a great option. You could be creative as a LC to gather $$ for your kit;0)

Hope the right answer finds you soon!

Kelly Buechlein
10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry, I was in a hurry to go shopping today LOL. Yes, you have everything correct. Another thing you would be losing is a free month of e-office, Fitworks and Customer Generator and would only have access to a webpage unless this has changed. If you are wanting to wrap first, maybe just do the loyal an then business builder kit route.

Also, you dont have to do the $80 autoship your first month just to make that clear if you go the $199 route. Your kit qualifies you that month, so the autoship would start second month. Example: you sign Nov 1 and then Dec 1 your autoship would be shipped.

There is just so much to lose by going with the $35 route that I encourage people to wait or become a loyal if they are wanting to try product first. If you follow the duplicatable system that works you can leave your launch party with enough cash to pay it off. If your only reason is trying the products I would do the loyal and then switch over which is not a problem.

We just want you be successful and as they say- dont leave money on the table.

babymakes5
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
OK,

You all convinced me to do the $199 kit. I am going to be a lc for 2 months and then sign up (if I can wait that long, I am so, so excited!)

I got the private messages and I really appreciate them. I am not sure which direction to take but no matter what all of you have proven to be the type of people I want to do business with.

One last question, do any of you know how many It Works distributors there are in US? Approximately of course

ItWorks! 4 Me
10-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Kim,

Also another positive note ...in addition to the $100 product bonus for 4 loyal customers in 30 days, you are eligible for "wrap rewards". Wrap rewards entitle you to a box of wraps for $19.95 for every two loyal customers you bring on. Additional savings for both you and your Distributors to help them get to a positive cash flow position asap!

Your new enroller can help you with a strategy to maximize the best results for you!

Blessings:)

itreallyworks
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
In regards to wrap rewards.

Does the customer need to still be on their autoship in order for you to get the wrap reward, or can it be obtained from cancelled customers too?

Been told couple different things

Thanks

Kelly Buechlein
10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
I just spoke to CS to get the correct answer and was told the following:

There is no deadline for turning in rewards on a loyal. You can use them right away or 6 months down the road. The only issue would be if they cancel before the 3 months or you try to use a loyal twice.