WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Lia Sophia vs Just Jewelry?

Bridgett2t09
10-20-2009, 12:39 PM
I looked at JJ catalog.. Loved the jewelry and prices. I am thinking of rejoining Lia Sophia or joining JJ. I have a few questions..

What is JJ made of ? (Hypoallergenic?)

How often do new pieces come out?

How much to get started?

Consultant discount?

Company based out of what state?

Any consultants in Ohio?
Thanks! Bridgett

ChrissyJ
10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Bridgett -

I'm glad you liked the JJ catalog - I think they did a really nice job! I am sending you a PM with more information, but the basic answers to your questions are below:

I looked at JJ catalog.. Loved the jewelry and prices. I am thinking of rejoining Lia Sophia or joining JJ. I have a few questions..

What is JJ made of ? (Hypoallergenic?) The jewelry is all lead and nickel compliant. I am usually sensitive to earrings, but I haven't had any problems with this jewelry.

How often do new pieces come out? New catalogs come out twice a year - Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer, but new pieces are being introduced all the time!

How much to get started? The basic start-up cost includes your business enhancer kit (starting at $79) and a minimum initial jewelry order of $249 wholesale. That's it!

Consultant discount? From their very first order, consultants always receive a 50% discount.

Company based out of what state? Ohio!

Any consultants in Ohio? Yes!

Thanks! Bridgett

Bridgett2t09
10-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks so much! Wow the company is in Ohio.. I have never heard of it!

Thanks again! Bridgett

*Lyndsey*
10-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Hi Bridgett!

I am located in Ohio. :) JJ is the best!

Bridgett2t09
10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
So how long have you been with JJ? I was with another jewelry company but all I got from people is" It's expensive". So I didn't do well and I quit. But JJ prices are great and I cant wait to see the jewelry! Do you know if there are any team meetings close to Columbus?

Thanks!
Bridgett

*Lyndsey*
10-23-2009, 07:13 AM
I have been with JJ about 4 or 5 months if I am not mistaken. People can't believe the prices of our jewelry. Thats the first thing people ask me is how much is it and when I tell them their always like WOW! lol Ummm as of right now I am not sure of any meetings up in Columbus...that is about an hour from me. Where are you located?

Bridgett2t09
10-23-2009, 08:27 AM
I am close to the Columbus zoo. so how many parties have you had? what is your average show total? do you carry a lot of inventory?

Thanks again! Bridgett

avoight
10-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Bridgett,
I am not a JJ Consultant but I just need to add my 2 cents.... I think you should go with Just Jewelry! I keep on top of all the jewelry companies as Im a leader in a jewelry company and need to know all the information on the other companies out there, I have researched Just Jewelry and Lia Sophia and JJ has a GREAT Consultant program and there prices are just right, thats one reason I passed on Lia Sophia when I was just starting out looking for a company to join, I have been to a few of their parties and their jewelry is very pretty but wayyyy too much for fashion jewelry, I found I make more money selling lower priced jewelry then higher, more people buy a lot of it, my average sales ticket is $150-$200 per customer and thats because they can get so much for that price, the same is true im sure for Just Jewelry as they have the same price points as what im selling now. Plus their a new company which means theres more room for growth! I really think you should go with Just Jewelry. Good Luck!!

PS...
Im not saying Lia Sophia is bad, I do like there jewelry, I just dont think with there cost there would be something for everyone at the party.. you got to remember you may have a single mother, someone unemployed or a teen girl at your party you need something they can still afford and not feel bad about purchasing!

wonderfullymade
10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
How is it going, Bridgett? Have you found a team near you? If not, then you can join under Lyndsey that lives near you if you want that personal connection nearby, and then attend the phone meetings. All of the Just Jewelry meetings/trainings are done via conference calls. Some teams that have a lot of consultants that live in one area do in-person meetings and then have the meeting be live on the phone at the same time. Either way, you will get support from her and from her upline as well as all of us on here.

Keep us posted. :)