WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Coffeedrinker
10-08-2009, 09:04 PM
will you go to jail? or will you have bad credit? or will it just keep billing you a late fee?
im going to pay it but im just real late because I have been so sick. I owe $300 :(

I'm new here to wahm

BeautyPeddler
10-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Well they give you 3 campaigns to pay before closing the account. After that it goes to internal collections. Then it goes to outside collections. Once that happens you will no longer be able to sell Avon again. If its possible it would be a good idea to set up some sort of payment plan and just pay whatever you can.

SAHMof2
10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
4 Campaigns Past Due:
You will be removed
5 Campaigns Past Due:
You will be sent to Inside collections
10 Campaigns Past Due:
You will be sent to Outside Collections
Will Affect your Personal Credit History
Will not be able to sell Avon Again

If you have been with Avon for over 26 camapigns or 1yr and have a balance of over $100 then talk to your DM about setting up a pay-sell agreement. This allows you to pay off your bill and continue to sell Avon. Otherwise call Avon and set up a payment plan. It will cost $10 to set up and then they divide the remaining balance into 6 campaign payments. First make your $10 payment then call and speak with a CS rep and tell them you want to set up a payment plan. You will receive a letter in the mail saying you set up this plan and how much you owe. If you do not receive this letter within 2 weeks you need to call back. This will keep you from going to outside collections. Your account must be inactive in order to set up a payment plan but does not have to be to do a pay-sell.

Coffeedrinker
10-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I will call and see what they will let me do. Is this commmon of people not paying their avon bill? I'm asking b/c I feel so guilty not being able to pay.

SAHMof2
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
There are alot of people who do not pay that is why Avon is cutting down so much on debt. New representatives have to pay to get their orders released now and your credit is determined by your past order history and payments made. I wouldn't be suprised if Avon started making reps pay upfront soon. I wouldn't blame them they are losing money.

jeepmom2ct
10-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Avon is definitely cracking down on payments with everyone. I've been a consultant for over 8 years, and never had any issues with corporate holding my orders if I'm a campaign or two behind. Since this summer though, they've held orders if I'm not absolutely current. They're also cracking down on returns. I recently got a letter saying that if my return to sale ratio doesn't improve they will limit the number of returns I'm allowed. I did some research of my own and I've been averaging about $17/campaign in returns this year, but yet I need to keep my balance current. It makes no sense to me - the only way this works is if I start insisting my customers (some of whom I've had for 8 years!) pay me upfront. I hope that whenever the economy recovers, corporate will go back to being a little more patient and understanding.

SAHMof2
10-09-2009, 12:45 PM
If you get put on no istant credit it means they have to receive your returns before they will credit your account. Any rep who is in good standing with Avon and atleast LOA 26+ then Avon may allow your account to be PD1 but no rep can go PD2.

Why is your return rate so high? Is it a certian customer always returning, Not paying for orders? If you know your customers are going to pay then you don't have to insist them to pay upfront unless you are doing so to cover your past due amount.

latinadivaglow
10-09-2009, 10:21 PM
So if you are late on your payment will they still ship your orders?

megajessv
10-09-2009, 11:23 PM
I was late on a payment (idk how long) and they sent a bill that said if I would just pay this amount ( a deal less than what I owed) it would end my debt.
But I'm wanting to sell again, would I not be able to?
(I had a horrible customer who bought over $100 in product and then didn't want it)

SAHMof2
10-10-2009, 07:34 AM
So if you are late on your payment will they still ship your orders?

Depends on how long you have been with Avon and if you are in good standing with them. Most likely no, they will place your order on hold until payment is made. If payment is not made in 10 days from order your order will be cancelled.

SAHMof2
10-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I was late on a payment (idk how long) and they sent a bill that said if I would just pay this amount ( a deal less than what I owed) it would end my debt.
But I'm wanting to sell again, would I not be able to?
(I had a horrible customer who bought over $100 in product and then didn't want it)

All they did was take off the past due fees. If your bill was past due for more than 10 campaigns or 5 months than no you will not be able to sell again. Once this happens you immediately need to deal with it instead of letting it wait this long to pay. Even if you are only paying $10 every two weeks for the first couple of months. Avon offers two different payment plans and and gives you enough time to pay this before it gets to the point where you can not sell again.

Leadership reps if this happens to people in your downline. If you can get them to attempt to pay then offer to help them out. What I do is have them become a helper to me, I call them downline helpers, they sell under you.....collect orders from their customers. Once they are removed inactive you need to set up a payment plan for them and you can tell how much they will owe a campaign just divide the balance into 6 campaigns. Take the % of their orders (10% for fixed items) or if you are PC give them 30% and put toward their bills whatever they don't cover they need to pay out of pocket that campaign. This way you are still making money and they are getting their bill paid off. YOU PAY THE BILL! My upline taught me to do this.....if you can do it with your downline....do so. You will still get those reps who after all the help they are offered still will do absolutly nothing about it.