WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I need help from a math teacher

hopefulWAHM
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I need to write something like a lesson plan. It is geared to an algebra lesson and it has to be done according to Math Type.....would you know what that means?

Thank you for any help

TraceyG
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Math Type is a software package that allows you to input math symbols. When I bought it, I think it was close to $100. Ask if you can use Equation Editor, which is part of Microsoft Word.

jessnole
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Hopeful- Did you ever get MathType (Tracey, she is working on a project that specifically requires MathType, so Equation Editor is a no-go). I believe you can download a free version for 30 days if you just Google it. I use it in the Virtual School course I teach but my school pays for it.

PS.. I got the same invite you did ;) Turned mine in last night! It was time consuming and I have NO idea if it's what they want, but it was fun to work on! GL!! :)

hopefulWAHM
10-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I did download it but I had no idea how to use it....bummer, so I did my best and explained that I was unclear about Math Type. Good luck to you, too, jessnole. It really was time consuming and I figure I'm up against much more qualified individuals since my certification is in elementary education (not secondary).

jessnole
10-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Hopeful- You never know! I felt like I kind of "overthought" the work. They said they're looking for 10 people and you never know how many people will actually do the work to apply. We'll see. Good luck to you too!