WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mom2for
09-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I am on a spending diet. Normally I do all my grocery shopping at the same store every week. Lately though, I have been going to 2 or 3 different stores, buying things that are on sale at the cheapest price. This is taking more time, more gas, more effort.

Do you make several grocery trips in a week to save money? It is really cost effective to you when you factor in your time and energy spent in getting the best deal?

Lady M
11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I, personally, don't see the point. My grocery store accepts competitors' coupons, so I just use those.

skcandles
11-20-2009, 08:38 AM
i go to one store a week...occasionally I will go to a second if they have some really good deals, but my grocery stores are on my daily route to and from work. I wouldn't go out of my way to go to a different store.

KellyMilly
11-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I only do this once in a while, when I know that there are good sales. I don't particularly care for grocery shopping, so I try to spend as little time in grocery stores as possible. That means getting all my shopping done at once.

Kath331
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Going to more than 1 store for groceries is only worth it if they are having good sales. It helps to collect all flyers and make lists for each store so that you only make one trip to each.

successsweet
01-01-2010, 06:39 AM
There is a great new food program that just started, it's a affiliate program where you can sign up people and we all earn and SAVE! My sponsor is great in getting signups for us with our club members.

happymommy
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I do most of my shopping at one store that is very close to my house. I've kind of learned how their sales cycle and I save coupons and use them in conjunction with sales to get the best price possible. I definitely will go to other stores if the deal is really good. I try to plan it so that I hit the stores further away when I'm going to be in that area. For example, I got some really good deals (free batteries & cheap ground beef) at Target this past week. It was totally worth an extra trip, but I popped in when I was going that way anyway.

SimplyWriting
01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
I do most of my shopping at one store, following the sales ads and using store coupons. But I do utilize two others stores on a every other week basis or so. They are all within about 3 miles of my house so I don't feel like I am spending more to save and I would never do it if I wasn't saving.
I teach Frugal Living classes, so I won't do anything that I don't benefit from, nor would I tell others to. :)

Jersey Girl
02-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think running to all the different stores is worth it either. I know lots of women claim to save alot this way, but like you stated after the time looking for coupons, driving to all the different stores(gas) etc,plus I have to deal with rude people I'm in NJ. Do you really save:confused: I now do my grocery shopping online. I can shop 24/7 I'm saving money without clipping coupons and running all over. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MommyandMe
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Well I would consider the gas that you lose going to these different stores.

mocha
02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
It is totally worth it to shop at more than one store. I spend time looking over the sales papers and figuring out which items are free or almost free. Publix and Kroger both double coupons in my area. learn how to work the sale system at Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid. I have more food and household products in my cabinets this month than I ever have. My food budget has not changed, but my shopping approach has changed.

I feel empowered now with my modest food budget, because i know that if I spend a few hours planning each month we can eat extremely well.

I highly recommend couponmom, watch some of her youtube videos and join her free site she helps you find the sale prices each weeks and put the coupons together.

After a bit of practicing you can reduce your bill and even know how to shop without coupons to maximize your savings.

To save money on gas I like to go before I pick up my kids from school or early in the morning. I like to have my list and everything organized. I try to only go by certain stores when I have to pass by to get to my destination. Most of the stores are on the main strip of town that I have to pass each day.

This article talks about how to use bread coupons

How to Find and Use Bread Coupons | eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_6004814_use-bread-coupons.html)