WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : hanger ??? (nec)

cwah_mom_ohio
09-21-2009, 12:20 PM
does anyone have any tips on shaping the hanger for the poodle skirt? I've looked at the pics on nec's website...the hangers all look different. Does it have to be a certain shape or do I just wing it???

Thanks
Debbie

kcduffer
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Each hanger for each of the different projects has it's own unique shape.

cwah_mom_ohio
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
thank you.
will use nec's web pics as a guide. my sample was not shaped like pics. didn't want to make mine the same and be wrong.

is the pic for the poodle skirt on website current hanger style?
thanks

kcduffer
09-22-2009, 06:52 AM
It's pretty close to what I make. The 'shoulders' are not quite that square, I round them just a little bit more than the picture. It would be nice if the picture had the hanger in the same position as the other hangers. I send mine in straight, not '****-eyed' like that picture. Maybe the pic is an artistic pose!

I would suggest you make it, and send it in. Put a note in and ask them to draw the hanger shape out for you if your piece is not right. It would be so much easier if they would have a drawing of the hanger shape on the pattern page of their instructions, but they don't.

I wish I could say that I've got a really easy way to shape them, but it's pretty much by feel, making them the same shape. I have some sample pieces in various stages and shapes and use them to insure that they're the same size.

dawnhasclass
09-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi, I haven't received feedback on my first poodle skirt yet, but I just tried to make mine look like my sample. On the tutu when they returned it the inspector had drawn how they wanted that hanger to look on my feedpack page so that's what I'll follow on my next try. They also said to make the twists consistent. Mine weren't off too much, but I can see what they were saying. So I would guess that you should strive for that consistency in the twists and shape according to their web picture especially if it looks like your sample. If it's not what they want they'll probably draw you a picture too. Good luck!

Okay, guess what was in my mailbox today? The skirt in question. They drew a picture of how they want the hanger to look for this one too. The top of the hanger definitely looks like the one in the picture. Again, just a few things wrong so I'm looking forward to another try!