WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : teach yourself psychic reading

tarotcard561
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM
it is possible for everyone to learn psychic reading, if you really willing to learn and if you can tap your intuition.

Dugsmom
09-14-2009, 08:05 AM
I think so. I am not psychic but I dabbled in tarot card readings when I was younger and was usually right. I don't do that anymore because too many people started coming over to my house asking for free readings.

mmhwahm
09-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I think it's possible also. I have looked into astrology, numerology and now cartomancy. I'm am not psychic either but am curious about the mysteries of the universe.

Critter
09-16-2009, 07:20 AM
I think people can learn to use tarot or other means of divination as the communication is through the cards or other tool. And if the person learns the way to read the cards/communications then they can do a good job. but as for 'psychic' ability.. although I believe we are all capable, I believe some people are more closed up to this than others. And, I believe there is reason for it as well. I do believe a person can practice many techniques to open their intuition, but for many that would include a change in life as well. For those who already have a feeling of intuition within they can build on that and in time develop it further. Practice Intuition is really all there is to it, and yet, some people can, and some apparently cannot.

WardenofMagick
09-16-2009, 03:36 PM
It is possible to learn to use a tool to access your intuition and guide others. This process never workds on yourself though. Sorry to say, :( However, if you are not very intuitive, you won't receive the guidance you seek, you'll only see the tool you're using.

Critter
09-16-2009, 10:43 PM
It is possible to learn to use a tool to access your intuition and guide others. This process never workds on yourself though. Sorry to say, :( However, if you are not very intuitive, you won't receive the guidance you seek, you'll only see the tool you're using.

Well, perhaps. But many times it is not the reader who is choosing the cards, or otherwise utilizing the tool... but the spirits. Yes, the person being read chooses the cards, but, it is the spirits guiding them to the cards to draw.

If you can be objective, and learn what the cards mean.. or what they mean in your own reference, then as they are displayed you can give an accurate reading without much intuition or any at all.

I disagree that reading tarot for yourself doesn't work. I have done it for myself, and it has worked. But I just let go and allow the spirits to choose the cards and so they can deliver a message. This is useful when I am too emotionally involved or too close to the situation to get a proper feeling from the spirits within me.

To me, 'intuition' is a communication with spirits. Either your own/yourself or your guides/helpers or your higher self/soul. So, if you cannot receive communication via your own spirit, or your guides, or your higher soul, ie: you do not have much intuition.. then tools can be a way to communicate. Does having intuition help in the reading? Of course, but I don't believe it's 'necessary' to obtain a good reading, as long as you know what the cards 'mean' in reference.. then as they are drawn and put together, you would know what message(s) are being conveyed. JMO.. :)

WardenofMagick
09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I disagree that reading tarot for yourself doesn't work. I have done it for myself, and it has worked. But I just let go and allow the spirits to choose the cards and so they can deliver a message. This is useful when I am too emotionally involved or too close to the situation to get a proper feeling from the spirits within me.

Then you are very much the exception to the rule and I commend you in that. Most people are too connected, and thus, unable to separate themselves from the situation for this to be the case.

Ultimately, reading is about spinning a story, but every story does best when it is based in truth, and therefore having intuition does help said reader. Just my opinion, though. :)

Critter
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Then you are very much the exception to the rule and I commend you in that. Most people are too connected, and thus, unable to separate themselves from the situation for this to be the case.

Ultimately, reading is about spinning a story, but every story does best when it is based in truth, and therefore having intuition does help said reader. Just my opinion, though. :)

Hmm, well. Maybe I'm an 'exception' to the rule because I don't 'spin a story' in any reading. I let what cards come, and then decipher the message based on the meaning of the cards. I do have the ability to face the reading, and not what I want or wish, but what is. But I never spin a story.

littlescotia
09-18-2009, 05:44 AM
I believe that everyone has the ability... but are they paying attention to it? have they strayed too much into the world of "things" and "possessions" to be able to tap into something spiritual?

I began as a "dreamer" at an early age, was drawn to tarot, and it just exploded from there. I put a year in of studying tarot (and dream work, and all sorts of other things) and the intuition opened up. I think it was about trusting it.

which reminds me of something I was listening to the other day, about trusting your instincts, and how we are taught to squash our first impressions...

I think when you start to study, you open yourself up, and can reclaim natural abilities.

(Does that make sense? I hope I worded that correctly)

Patagonia
09-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Hmm, well. Maybe I'm an 'exception' to the rule because I don't 'spin a story' in any reading. I let what cards come, and then decipher the message based on the meaning of the cards. I do have the ability to face the reading, and not what I want or wish, but what is. But I never spin a story.

Like Critter myself, and the rest of my family must be 'exceptions to the rule' because I daily read for myself. I have a tarot journal I keep that I write down which spread I use, what cards are laid down and in what position. Almost every book, website, person who read I've talked always recommends beginning on yourself for readings so you can tune into the cards and understand their meanings.

I also don't spin tales or sugar coat. The cards are a tool to get truthful answers, not to be lied about.