WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Tasting launch

gothicmom1
08-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I have two tastings coming up next week and I have only received 3 reponses out of about 50. I am getting anxious that no one will show up except the one that said she was attending. The other two declined. I understand the calls but I honestly don't know phone numbers, only emails etc. Not a good way to start out:)

Bling1
08-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't expect them to call you to RSVP. If you have phone numbers give them a call. This is a MUST for a successful party. You can also use the email adresses if that is all that you have. When you contact them, do not ask them is they are attending your tasting. It makes it too easy to just say no. Let them know that you are preparing for your tasting, and you are trying to get a head count (or some other word) so you will know how much food and drinks to prepare, or to bring if you are doing the tasting at a hostess house. I am sure you will have a great turnout. So get on that phone or computer with confidence. :) Hope you have a great time.

ipartyforaliving
09-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Just curious, how did it go for you? I have my back to back launches on Sunday and Monday evenings. I didnt invite as many as you, but so far have about 6/7 people coming.
I am no stranger to DS, so my opinion is this, no matter how many show up, work with those few that do come. Pamper them b/c they will go back and talk to their friends and you never know when a sale or booking will pop up from word of mouth!
Ang

gothicmom1
09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
My launches turned out well. The first one, no one showed up, the second one, I had around 15 people and 1 solid booking and 3 others that want to wait till October. I am following up with them:) Not a huge sale night but for my first launch, I think it went well. My first official tasting is next Wed. Getting ready for it!!