WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Where are All the Foodies?

SunsetGourmet
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
No posts for 6 days?!?

Hopefully you are all busy out there selling!

;)

Vicki

TastefullyMI
08-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I wondered the same thing! Maybe we can get the conversation flowing again, Vicki.

What product do you think will be a really big hit this fall/holiday selling season in your line?

Sparkle4U
08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I'll post, I love to post. I'm happy I now have three vendor fairs to sell my Tastefully Simple at! One of them will be a pretty big one. 6000-8000 people. So I am happy. It seems hard to find vendor fairs or events. All the TS ladies already have them scooped up.

bianca5454
08-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Here! Gearing up for the new school year and making plans for another super Holiday season! Anybody else gearing up for craft & vendor shows this year?

SunsetGourmet
08-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Oh yes - the holiday craft fairs - my favorite part of my business!

I generally stick with the church fairs as I find their attendance is higher than community fairs - but there are exceptions. I have at least 3 fairs eyed up already - just waiting for registration to begin.

I know our dips will sell over the holidays. After all, it's entertaining season! Our cheeseballs as well - especially the Italian Herb & Romano Cheese Ball. Once people try it, they buy it. :D

Cooler nights also mean our soups and beer breads are huge hits. Fast and easy comfort food.

Now here's a question for you ladies giving out samples at public events such as fairs - are you taking any extra precautions as we head into "flu" season? You know what flu I'm talking about!

Vicki

The Watkins Man
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
I think the whole forum has been slow.

lrindesign
08-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know of a good gourmet food company that I can affiliate with. I have a recipe blog that I would like to be able to offer some shopping options on, but don't want to have to carry inventory. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sparkle4U
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
You don;t have to carry inventory with Tastefully Simple. People can order directly from the consultant or off the website. You can carry inventory if you want, but it isn't neccessary.

TastefullyMI
08-29-2009, 06:13 AM
People in another area were saying that folks were falling off the site since the changes took place. I don't really mind the changes but I guess some people who really knew the "old system" well, missed the previous format.

MargieT
08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Just getting kiddos back to school, football and gearing up for fall!

Hey you can affilate with us, just go to our site for more info or email me.

SunsetGourmet
08-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I am holding my first on-my-own Taste Testing Party this afternoon. Gearing up for that but a bit nervous as well.

Then September ... the beginning of our best selling time of year! Yippee - so looking forward to that!

Vicki

TastefullyMI
08-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Good luck to you, Vicki!

rebeccasmeals
08-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I have to admit that I am not used to this new format yet - I think it seems a bit more complicated...and I am already so busy that I don't check this site as much now. I am really concentrated on my follow-up with my customers and time is so limited that I sometimes don't like change.

In August, I jave sponsored 5 new consultants, signed up some new HG Preferreds, and had one of my strongest August sales months ever, completed by September/October calendar with some amazing new opportunities to open new markets for Homemade Gourmet in Illinois. And, still a day left.

And - 18 weeks pregnant and going strong. Trying to get the 3 enrolled in preschool but scheduling is interesting- esp. as I am concentrating on doing my business more in the days versus weeknights and weekends.

I am going to enjoy a quiet week - hopefully before my super busy September starts to include a 7-day day cruise with Homemade Gourmet.

Always enjoy chatting with my WAHM friends...feel free to email me as I don't think I get notifications when new posts, etc. happen on here anymore (don't know why).

SunsetGourmet
08-31-2009, 05:40 AM
I have to admit that I am not used to this new format yet - I think it seems a bit more complicated...and I am already so busy that I don't check this site as much now. I am really concentrated on my follow-up with my customers and time is so limited that I sometimes don't like change.

In August, I jave sponsored 5 new consultants, signed up some new HG Preferreds, and had one of my strongest August sales months ever, completed by September/October calendar with some amazing new opportunities to open new markets for Homemade Gourmet in Illinois. And, still a day left.

And - 18 weeks pregnant and going strong. Trying to get the 3 enrolled in preschool but scheduling is interesting- esp. as I am concentrating on doing my business more in the days versus weeknights and weekends.

I am going to enjoy a quiet week - hopefully before my super busy September starts to include a 7-day day cruise with Homemade Gourmet.

Always enjoy chatting with my WAHM friends...feel free to email me as I don't think I get notifications when new posts, etc. happen on here anymore (don't know why).

I hope to be you someday Rebecca. Business-wise anyways. I'm done with pregnancies and pre-schools! ;)

Vicki