WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : One reason I do this...

littledb
08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
So I'm working a fair this week.

A little boy stopped by yesterday and wanted our Internet Linked Shark Book, he didn't have any money, but asked me to hold it for him. I stuck it behind some books for him. He was very sure of himself and what he wanted.

Today he came back with his wallet to buy his Shark book. He didn't consider tax, so I added it up and told him it was $9.60. I sat tehre and watched as he pulled out a wad of money, slowly counting his $5 dollar bill and 3 - ones. Then he opened the little change section and began pulling out the quarters he had saved. After he pulled out 5 quarters, and I saw his face fall. I told him just 1 more quarter would cover the tax. He proudly gave me that last quarter and went off with his Shark book, beaming.

Had to share!

Debbie

djpsbabydoll
08-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Aww, now that put a smile on my face :) I can picture that happening. Good stuff.. : )

Charlee
08-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Great story! You made his day!

*Bama*
08-12-2009, 12:13 PM
So Sweet thanks for sharing :D