WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : What is your favorite dip?

MargieT
07-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi, I've been off the boards for awhile, busy with the company and catering adventures. I'm looking for ideas on dips and was curious what others love about dips. For example, do you love to dip with crackers or chips or do you like cheeseballs more? What's your favorite flavor.

I'm trying to create something new and exciting for fall, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm just trying to get some unbiased opinions out there that's all. Appreciate your help. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

SunsetGourmet
07-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I've only just started with Sunset Gourmet so I've only tasted a couple of their dips, but their Creamy Parmesean Artichoke is to die for!

Personally I like dips with veggies. For tasting parties though, I recommend something that allows the taste of the dip to really come through - a wheat thin or tortilla chip.

Since so many people are sampling at craft fairs etc, I use pretzels which taste good, but also controls the amount of dip one can take at once. With flat crackers, I could have all my dip used up with 20 "heavy scoopers"! ;)

Vicki

MargieT
07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
thank you for your input. that's great advice on the pretzels. Artichoke hmmm. that's one i hadn't thought of. Sunset Gourmet (I love that name! is it a Canadian company?)

SunsetGourmet
07-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Yes we are a Canadian company - celebrating 4 years this month.

From what I've heard, our 3 owners were friends who had cabins at Sunset Lake. They all enjoyed entertaining, good friends and great food. Voila! A company is born.

:D:D

Vicki

TastefullyMI
07-31-2009, 08:37 AM
I know it's not overly exciting but I love our Spinach & Herb Dip Mix. As far as hot ones go, I loved our Artichoke and Spinach Hot Dip Mix from last Winter. Added some cream cheese and swiss and it was to die for!

Dessert dips? I would have to go with our Key Lime Cheese Ball Mix. I love to add in the cream cheese and a tub of light Cool Whip and it's a fabulous fruit dip or great no bake cheesecake!

Fun thread!

The Watkins Man
07-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I love Watkins crap dip

bianca5454
08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
I use each dip flavor for different things.

For example, Watkins horseradish and bacon is wonderful on baked potatoes.

The Salsa and Sour cream is wonderful when mixed with cream cheese and used as a spread for soft tacos.

The crab is another one I prefer as a cheese ball with crab meat and served with crackers.

The tomato & basil is great mixed with oil for bread dipping and as a season on fresh veggies.

The Mandarin Orange is great with whip cream and used with fruit, or mixed with cream cheese and sour cream and used as a fruit pizza base.

Those are just a few examples.

Watkins4LifeCC
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
I love all the Watkins dip & spread mixes but my favorite is the Salsa & Sour Cream!

I make this layered dip by mixing the seasoning with sour cream or cream cheese, then put a layer of grated cheese ( any kind) then a layer of fresh tomatoes, then a layer of green onion on top. Mmmmm it is so good! I even made this dip with the Chedder & Bacon mix and put a layer of real bacon bits in too.

Ok now I am hungry!.....lol!

MargieT
08-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Thank you all for your fabulous input. It's good to know what others like. Now I have to figure out some dinner mixes. Thanks again.