WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Help Please!!!!!

lissa1184
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have an event coming up this Saturday and just wanted any advice you could offer me. I have a pretty good size inventory. I am able to accept credit cards and have signage. I also prepared a binder with photos of ALL the items that we carry. I have fundraiser, bridal registry, business opportunity, and hostess packets prepared. I have signage for fundraisers, parties, and business opportunity. I also have a number of necklace and earring display stands. I also purchased colorful beads from michalels (on sale for $.99 a bag) that I will place on the table to add color. I have plenty of catalogs, purchase bags, receipts, etc. But, I still feel like I am missing something.

wonderfullymade
07-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Melissa,
It looks like you've got a lot covered. Are you getting excited?

What I would suggest, if you haven't already, is put together some hostess bags...you can use general gift bags from the dollar store, and put all of the hostess information in the bag and then add whatever you want to them. You could add a package of cookie mix or brownie mix and then a lemonade pouch or something along those lines and when someone signs up to host, tell them snacks are covered so they can enjoy the show. Or have several smaller bags that have "surprises" in them and let people that book shows pick a bag to see what they "win." You can fill it with extra discounts, extra freebies, or jewelry. But, make sure you've got a date booked on your calendar for their show before you give them something like that. Make sure you've got a calendar with you with dates highlighted that you have open for shows and when someone expresses interest in booking, show them your open dates.

Good luck to you this weekend. Let us know how your event goes! :)

lissa1184
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I am very excited! Thank you for the ideas! I will keep you posted on my results.

KeishaWilliams
07-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Also have a sheet for something you can gather their info from.

Should have their name, email a phone number, and ask if they would be interested in hearing more about our pieces, the opp, or host a party (this part optional).

When you have that sign up sheet, you would enter those emails in your email database and you can send periodic emails about updates, your specials, etc... to all of them at once.

IF YOU want...you can do a small raffle drawing. They have to complete the sign up sheet and if their name is pulled they will get a free piece of jewelry if they host a show...you don't have to do that but just another thought.

Have fun!

Just keep it informative, simple and be yourself!

blingblessings
07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Congrats!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Those are some great ideas ladies!

If you do give a hostess packet away I wouldn't give anything away very expensive ...what if they just sign up to get the gift. WE all hope they won't but, it does happen. Alot of times I just give the information packet and present them with the gift the night of their party.

But to each his own.. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

God Bless!

lissa1184
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all the ideas! As far as my hostess packets go I prepared these myself at a small cost. In the two pocket folder is a business card, catalog, personal letter on party stationary, order form, 123 flyer, and hostess benefit chart.

JustJewelry
07-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Good luck with your show tomorrow! :)

JustJewelry
07-13-2009, 12:38 PM
How did it go? :)

wonderfullymade
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, Melissa, how did it go? Fill us in!smileys/smiley1.gif

lissa1184
07-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Ladies~ Sorry for the delay I have been trying to post but sometimes it will not open this folder for me. There was no party. It was supposed to be a business expo type of event and it looked more like a garage sale. I did not set up because I did not want my products compared to what was there.

dianekeene
07-17-2009, 11:47 PM
that is too bad about the type of expo.

makeyousparkle
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Ladies~ Sorry for the delay I have been trying to post but sometimes it will not open this folder for me. There was no party. It was supposed to be a business expo type of event and it looked more like a garage sale. I did not set up because I did not want my products compared to what was there.

The Just Jewelry price point would have been perfect for that event http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifBUT you did the right thing (IMO) by not setting up a table http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gif

Keep looking for events in your area http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

DFWcandlemom
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Also, if you contact local banks/hospitals they will let you set up. When I worked for JP Morgan, there were often jewelry salespeople, handbag sales, book sales, etc. set up in the lobby. It wasn't a public bank or anything like that, it was at the building where JP Morgan has their Treasury & Securities Department so there were thousands of employees that got to shop at their leisure. Everybody loved that!

Good luck with your sales! smileys/smiley4.gif

dianekeene
07-31-2009, 08:15 PM
thanks
diane