WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Resveratrol

designsuccess
06-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I am totally amazed at the huge benefits of Resveratrol,Acai and grape Seed extract and Bilberry,esp. these amazing ingredients combined!

I was on a Company product call and our Dr. was speaking about
our flagship product OPC+, plus Resveratrol and the many health benefits,prevention and effects this product and this ingredient gives a body.It just blows my mind.

I guessI wasnever aware of it.
Just to share (and not to debate) our OPC+ product has 50,000 of orac value-amazing!!
Thenhe listed different fruits and foods that have Orac value and there amount.

I am getting into the habit of eating better and exercising and taking are of myself, and geting away from products, and foods an things that effect my health negatively.

I wondered how many of you have products that contain Resveratrol in it and other Anti-Oxidants, and how it has benefitted your health?
What effects are you noticing and what do you notice when you stop taking it (if you do).
I am just curious.....

designsuccess
07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
No comments?

designsuccess
07-01-2009, 11:27 AM
I can't wait to get my product!!

Next week, I'll get AloeRed with Ellagic Acid from Pomegranate,Red Raspberries and Blueberries,also Strawberries and more!

There are so many health benefits to receive from these products, I am getting on them to improve my families health and also to prevent illness.

redbird
07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
I think Arbonne has Resveratrol in one of their skin supplements in the Clear Advantage line.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

designsuccess
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
That is cool, redbird!

designsuccess
07-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Benefits of Resveratrol:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Resveratrol---What-Are-the-Health-Benefits-of-Resveratrol?&id=2297442
Do a google search on Resveratrol.. it is amazing what you'll find.

ellennate
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Yes, Apriori Beauty products - both the skin care line& elixir - have Resveratrol in them!! Yay!!My healthy beauty regimen will be to wash my face, drink my anti-oxidents...and finish it off with a glass of red wine!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif
Life is good!

Michelle
Apriori Independent Consultant ID# 1000025

designsuccess
07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
isXperia's Skicare has a peptide called Thymulen derived from a peptide from the youth hormone.
Thymulen 4 compensates for the natural loss of our thymic factors related to the decline of the thymus with age.
Ithelps the skins immune defenses and boosts epidermal regeneration.
Our DNA skincare product is said to increase celluar growth by 51% within 5 days!

We call it a natural botox!

designsuccess
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I wanted to mention another product from isXperia that is exceptional for Immune Health & Support is our AloeRed.
The Delivery system of this AloeRed isIso-Osomotic,meanin, in simple terms, the release of this Aloe drink and it's nutrients are readily absorbed into the body faster,within minutes, rather than the hours it takes a pill to be absorbed.

Our AloeRed also has Ellagic Acid- daily consumption of Ellagic Acid:
Serves as a powerful antioxidant, which inhibits or destroys oxygen free radicals
Stimulates the immune system to destroy cancerous cells
Can slow the aging process; Promotes wound healing
May slow the spread of the HIV virus in the body
Plus many other health benefits, becaise their are other nutrients in this AloeRed product that are beneficiary to maintaining health and reversing and preventing health issues.

Side note-

<DIV align=left>

In Research and inVitro Studies, Extracts from Red Raspberry &amp; Pomegranate Fruit and Especially the Seeds, Have Been Shown to Reduce or Eliminate Chronic Diseases and to Provide a Preventative Influence on Cancerous Conditions. This Nutraceutical Compound is called Ellagic Acid.
<DIV align=right>

~HTN Science Council

The Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Taken Internally Include:

Improved Circulation
Regulation of Blood Pressure
Promotes Healing of Bones and Joints
Strengthens the Immune System
Defends the Body Against Bacteria
Heals Internal Tissue Damage
Heals Ulcers
Improves and Even Eliminates Constipation
Blood Sugar Regulation
Reduces Itchiness in Psoriasis Helping it to Heal

Aloe Vera Juice And Detoxification

Detoxification is another of the health benefits of aloe vera juice. Carrisyn, an extract of aloe vera, has been shown to stimulate the production of infection-fighting blood cells and in so doing strengthen the immune system.

This iswonderful nutrientfor those with Immune problems and diseases.

DeborahDeGrande
07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Shaklee has a great Resveratrol product backed by tons of science like all their products.

Exclusive, Potent, Patents-Pending
It took Shaklee scientists years of research to develop Vivix™. In fact, Vivix is the most complex product ever developed by the Shaklee science team because of the challenges to create and isolate a unique profile of polyphenols shown in laboratory studies to fight cellular aging.* Shaklee was able to secure the entire output of a key ingredient from the largest and best growers in the world. The result is a remarkable dietary supplement with ingredients that have been laboratory tested to address the four key mechanisms of cellular aging*, and Shaklee has filed multiple patents to protect this innovation.

Beyond Resveratrol
Vivix™ Patents-Pending Rejuvetrol™ Blend
All resveratrol is not created equal. One teaspoon of Vivix supplies the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 100 glasses of red wine. And Vivix goes beyond resveratrol. A 30-day supply of Vivix delivers the equivalent amount of resveratrol found in 3,000 glasses of red wine. In laboratory studies, the ingredients in Vivix have been shown to be 10X more powerful than resveratrol alone in slowing the formation of AGE proteins.*

The Most Potent Resveratrol
Shaklee scientists sourced the purest and most potent natural resveratrol. In fact, this extract’s resveratrol content is no less than 98%, and the amount of resveratrol found in Vivix is guided by the latest scientific studies and emerging research.

Super Polyphenols from the Super Grape
Our research also zeroed in on a remarkable super grape, known as Vitis rotundifolia. This is the only grape found in nature with an extra chromosome, which scientists believe greatly enhances its polyphenol profile and potential health benefits.* In collaboration with scientists from the University of Georgia, Shaklee scientists employed a bioassay-guided process, which resulted in a patent-pending super grape extract with ellagic acid, a polyphenol not found in ordinary grapes. Ellagic acid is thought to be responsible for many of the unique cellular anti-aging actions of the super grape in the Vivix formulation.*

Broad Spectrum of Polyphenols
In addition, the Shaklee patent-pending extract supplies other potent polyphenols affecting cellular longevity pathways, such as phenolic acids, ellagitannins, anthocyanins, and proanthocyanidins.*

Edited by: DeborahDeGrande

designsuccess
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Awesome!!

vhawthorne
07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Deb...Yes Shaklee's Vivix is outta this world great! When I was on it, it did wonders for a specific problem I had. Not to mention the small lines under my eyes softened to almost gone in only about 2 weeks time. My hands smoothed considerably as well. I really need to get back on it. I really felt great last year when I tried it. Due to an extremely tight budget...I had to cut back on my spending for awhile.

My husband is wanting to try the isXperia product since he loves any kind of powder he can mix. He doesn't do capsules and pills so well lol.

Vicki

SFerber
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Be sure to check into Dr Mercola's latest.

http://products.mercola.com/purple-defense/?source=nl

We (Mela) have some astounding news

A</font></font></span>n</span>
independent study by Brunswick Labs concluded:
</font></span></font>
<blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px;">
One serving of Melaleuca's ProvexCV
was shown to have almost 3 Times the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption
Capacity) value of a serving of the highest scoring magic juice and
over 6 Times the average score of all the magic juices. Many juice users may be surprised to see that grape juice, in a
similar serving size</span>, has twice the ORAC value</span> of most of the magic
juices!!</font></span></font></font></font></span></font>
</span></font></font></span></font>
The FRAP(Ferric
Reducing Antioxidant</span> Power) analysis showed that ProvexCV has over 6
Times the antioxidant strength compared to the average score of the
"magic" juices. In the FRAP test, grape juice had more antioxidants
per serving than all but 2 of the magic
juices.</font></span></font></font></span></font>
</span></font>
</span></font></font></font></span>
</span></font>
* These tests confirm the
indisputable antioxidant superiority of ProvexCV. No juice
even came close to its antioxidant
strength.</span></font>
</span></font>
* "Magic" juices are not a very
good antioxidant value for your dollar spent. A daily average
serving of MonaVie Acai juice, for example, costs about $4.60
regular price, while an 8 oz serving of Welch's Grape Juice</span> costs
about $.50. And, according to the ORAC and FRAPtests,
grape juice provides more antioxidants to protect against free
radicals</span> than MonaVie Juice.</span></font></blockquote>

Edited by: SFerber

DeborahDeGrande
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
* "Magic" juices are not a very good antioxidant value for your dollar spent. A daily average serving of MonaVie Acai juice, for example, costs about $4.60 regular price, while an 8 oz serving of Welch's Grape Juice costs about $.50. And, according to the ORAC and FRAPtests, grape juice provides more antioxidants to protect against free radicals than MonaVie Juice.

Thank you for posting this! smileys/smiley2.gif I knew that all along...

Welchs grape juice lover! smileys/smiley20.gif&lt;---------

Welchs was also recently listed in another article of "SUPER JUICES"..it won VERY high on the nutritional scale/orac scale and so much more and for only $3.95 a gallon!

http://foodlane.com/store/catalog/images/welch-grape-juice.gif

DeborahDeGrande
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Deb...Yes Shaklee's Vivix is outta this world great! When I was on it, it did wonders for a specific problem I had. Not to mention the small lines under my eyes softened to almost gone in only about 2 weeks time. My hands smoothed considerably as well. I really need to get back on it. I really felt great last year when I tried it. Due to an extremely tight budget...I had to cut back on my spending for awhile.

My husband is wanting to try the isXperia product since he loves any kind of powder he can mix. He doesn't do capsules and pills so well lol.

Vicki

Hi Vicki!

I have heard some very impressive testimonials from VIVIX! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

designsuccess
07-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I love the OPC+... I am getting off of some meds and I beleive the OPC+ is helping me come off of them withveryfewside effects.
And an increase in stamina.
I am expecting even more results as I have only been on the OPC+ for 1 week.

I hope you husband likes it too, Vicki!
It is easy to take,mix the powder in 2 oz of water,very easy and convenient.

vhawthorne
07-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Well I have my OPC+ on the way! I ended up ordering one for myself as well since I've heard nothing but good about this product, and it's affordable! Funny thing is...I was trying to place my order online and the internet kept on making a fuss so I just called in and was yapping away with a guy named Christopher and he proceeds to let me know he is the owner lol! Well that was something. Anywho...he got me upgraded and autoship set up and ordered! It was a nice conversation for about 30 minutes. I was throwing all these questions at him before I knew who he was... he had a very humorous and great attitude. Can't wait to try it.

Vicki

Edited by: vhawthorne

happymommy
07-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Vivix is an amazing product with amazing science backing it up.

designsuccess
07-10-2009, 07:43 PM
You got to talk with Christopher??
You are so lucky!!
The owner himself answered the call... how awesome!
My upline said she can connect anyone to him and he'll talk with you and share with you.

I can't wait to talk with him!!
Yes, the OPC+ is a wonderful product!
I am loving the results I am getting within a week!
You will like it alot Victoria...
Hope your hubby does too!

I am trying the Calorie free next!

vhawthorne
07-10-2009, 08:20 PM
You got to talk with Christopher??
You are so lucky!!
The owner himself answered the call... how awesome!
My upline said she can connect anyone to him and he'll talk with you and share with you.

I can't wait to talk with him!!
Yes, the OPC+ is a wonderful product!
I am loving the results I am getting within a week!
You will like it alot Victoria...
Hope your hubby does too!

I am trying the Calorie free next!

Yep sure did lol. He said I now have a little story to tell about how I got started. My husband got tickled because he knows how I can go on and on when talking to someone I don't even know lol. I do admit I was floored and almost speechless when he said his name again and by the way...you're speaking with the owner! He had already said his name was Christopher when I called and he answered...but I of course just assumed he was a customer service rep or what not.

He was great. He was saying how his 5 year old daughter always asks for her drinks since the OPC+ and Red Aloe taste so good. I was telling him I plan on getting my kids on it as well since they don't do pills or capsules so well. Actually I felt like I was talking with a close friend just by the tone of the whole conversation. It was nice.

edited to add...I may incorrect about his daughter taking the OPC+ she may be only drinking the Red Aloe. He had wanted to let me know that was his recommendation to get both and mix them together as they were made to go together.

Edited by: vhawthorne

designsuccess
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
That is great!
I know.. I will probably get my kids on it to, at some point.
My hubby is gettingit for sure, as they have ingredients (bilberry) in it that helps with vision and eyesight, he was told he has macular degeneration in his left eye,so I am sure it'd help with that.

I am going to set up an appt.with my upline to talk with him,too.
I hear Christopher is down to earth.
Yes, the Dr. (Dr Rouse) on board says to mix the AloeRed with the OPC+ and you'll get a double whammy of good health!

happybrats3
07-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Vivix is an amazing product with amazing science backing it up.

I agree. I'll take Shaklee's 54 year history, and science,on an important product such as this over any brand!

Love the Shaklee Vivix!

Tracey http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

vhawthorne
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I will agree that Shaklee's is amazing as I have mentioned...however I think that there are other resveratrol products that can possibly be very good as well. That is why for myself...I'm trying others. Yes Shaklee has impeccable background, 54 years and science behind them, I totally agree and know this...who doesn't know this by now. I cannot comment on Mela's since I have never tried their nutritionals, though I'm sure they must have their merits as well.

Well anywho...that's just my little 2 cents worth which probably isn't much lol. I think if one does proper research and due diligence on their own, then maybe one can make a good decision as to which resveratrol product they would like to give a try. isXperia's is a choice for me to try at this time due to my circumstances. One day I just may be able to get back on Vivix since I already know it works wonderfully.

Vicki

designsuccess
07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
You are right, Victoria.
There are many products that are just as superior as Shaklee's and just because one person likes a certain one, does not mean everyone will.

I know shaklee products are great, I used to take them, but switched.
I like trying others... and I like to research to see what other awesome products are out there that have studies done and are trust worthy and that give amazing health results.
I can attest to OPC+... I haveoff ofpersc. meds,I only had2 to 3 days of feeling low energy and kinda yucky.
I nowall feel wonderful, all within a weeks time!
I do not like paying alot of $$ for health products and feel they should be priced reasonably,so that might be why certain people switch to other company products.

btw,I love your blog!!

vhawthorne
07-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks so much Paula...it's a work in progress.
Yes time will tell on how my husband and I do with the OPC+, but with the background and studies and just by reading the testimonies of others, I feel it will work out.

My families health means the world to me, I also have to stay within certain budget as well and I won't settle for any cheap stuff you can get at our local Sams. I won't go into details with pricing since that can be taken the wrong way by others, but this stuff is very affordable for us and has the studies and backing behind it as well. Not as many years yet, but awesome stuff going on! I can't wait to see the results of using it.

I just took my second days worth this morning. I can tell you that today more so than yesterday, I feel more energy and clear headed. I have somewhat of a brain fog in the mornings and then sometimes actually all day for some reason! Today, I actually feel a difference in my thinking process lol!

Have an awesome day!

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 09:41 AM
That is great!!And quick results!
I meant to say, I won't go cheap with my vitamins either, like Sams club,Walmart,etc.Even the local health store has some cheap versions that do nothing for you.

But I won't payhundredsfor 1 or 2 products either! That's just me.
I wish you continued success and results!!

Btw, have you talked with Christina yet?

vhawthorne
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
That is great!!And quick results!
I meant to say, I won't go cheap with my vitamins either, like Sams club,Walmart,etc.Even the local health store has some cheap versions that do nothing for you.
But I won't pay*hundreds*for 1 or 2 products either!* That's just me.
I wish you continued success and results!!
Btw, have you talked with Christina yet?

Oh I understood what you meant Paula. smileys/smiley2.gif
So I hope I didn't seem like I was implying by my post that you like cheap stuff lol. I think we agree on what is important when it comes to nutrition. And no...I cannot fathom spending a 2 or 3 hundred on products for the family. It's enough to pay mortgage and new truck payment.smileys/smiley5.gif

I haven't spoken on the phone yet with her... I have only emailed back and forth a couple of times. I have been reading up on her and her husband. Awesome story there. Seems like a very nice couple!

Ditto on the success!

Vicki

tk54302
07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't want to get into adebate about comparing products or budgets, but I would like toshare that I get Vivixfor $10 because I have a monthlyautoship order of Shaklee's Prescription for a Healthy Life (Vitalizer, CinchShake, Nutriferon, Vivix).

Another option is that if you put Vivix and Vitalizer on autoship, you can purchase a Cinch Shake can for $10! ($48 value SRP)

Just 2 options to consider for future reference. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

vhawthorne
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I'm aware of those specials since I am a distributor of Shaklee still. Good deal for one person taking all those products. The bonus is the extra Vivix for $10. I will always use certain products from them. My SRC is the one I cannot be without! I protect that little bottle with my life. The product is that good.

I agree... I don't like to debate on anything. It never comes out good and I try to avoid that stuff at all costs.

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Great deal there,I must say!

I am taking my OPC+ and Calorie free, and also some other products.
I think I am set!
Christina is very sweet, honest and helpful!!
I really like her.

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I am not into debates either!!
Been there and done that, and it is not fun!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif
I used to taking the SRC and it was good.
Now am taking another product to help with stress, and has adaptagens in it.

happybrats3
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Shaklee SRC (stress relief complex) is an adaptagen also. Hands down my favorite product! I keep two bottles on hand at all times, one at home and one in my purse! LOL!

Since my son is HFA/SPD he benefits from the SRC as well. He gets one every day before school and it has really cut down his anxiety.

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
That's a great testimonial!!

DeborahDeGrande
07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't want to get into adebate about comparing products or budgets, but I would like toshare that I get Vivixfor $10 because I have a monthlyautoship order of Shaklee's Prescription for a Healthy Life (Vitalizer, CinchShake, Nutriferon, Vivix).

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Thats great,but not everyone wants to go on ALL those products just to get the resveratrol. smileys/smiley1.gif

Some only want a resveratrol product.

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Good point,Deborah!
I know I don't!!
The simpler the program... the better!

DeborahDeGrande
07-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I know that Shaklee has been around a long time and their VIVIX product
is awesome but Im sure Xperia has a great Resveratrol product too.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Deb

Edited by: DeborahDeGrande

designsuccess
07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
It is an excellent product!
Mix it in water,and drink!

empoweredmom
08-13-2009, 07:40 AM
HI! Yes, Reservatrol is a great ingredient to have in the battle to stay healthy! I know that I've been taking a product with Reservatrol as well as many others, and it really does help with energy, and just an overall feeling healthier. good luck to you!

matoozie
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey Everyone!!

I'm a Vivix lover too. It seems expensive, but it's been totally worth it. I've compared some other products and it is way more expensive to get as much resveratrol and polyphenols.

Someone seemed to thinkt they had to buy a bunch of other stuff to get Vivix, which is not correct. It comes separate (now in one bottle) or in daily packs (limited time offer).

Cool info on it though. The human clinical trials are coming in (some are complete) and hopefully the most recent will be published within the next 6 months.

What they COULD tell us is that was they were able to measure a significant increase in Nrf2 (they call it the mother of all anti-aging regulators), which turns on the genes that control the anti-aging process, immunity and several other functions including an anti-oxidant response. This is very big.

Here is what Dr. Chaney said about Nrf2 (study was after the consumption of a crummy meal):

"You see when we are young, a "Happy Meal" will trigger an increase in Nrf2 which in turn increases production of our body's own antioxidant defense mechanisms.

Nrf2 also triggers our detoxification pathways so that we can get rid of all of the artificial food additives and preservatives in that "Happy Meal".

Nrf2 triggers our immune balance pathways (high fat meals depress the immune system and can also cause inflammatory and autoimmune responses).

Finally, Nrf2 triggers our anti-stress pathways (high fat meals trigger cortisol production, which can accelerate the aging process) and much, much more.

But when we get older, Nrf2 is no longer triggered by those high fat meals and we lose our natural protective mechanisms. When that happens the aging process, and our risk of heart attack or stroke, is increased by every high fat meal that we consume.

By now you are probably starting to understand why the ability of Vivix to activate the Nrf2 gene is such a big deal."

Anyway... pretty cool!

Another couple of items about Vivix... It has the equivalent of over 20 bottles of wine per teaspoon (100 glasses) and another 14x that much in polyphenols (additional 1400mg in polyphenols, for a total of 1500 per teaspoon). It's helpful information when making comparisons.

The muscadine is what makes the Resveratrol 10x more effective in slowing the formation of AGE proteins that gum up the cells. So that would essentially make it as effective as 1,000 glasses of wine (or 200 bottles) per teaspoon.

Cool stuff on muscadine on PubMed.org: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed&cmd=DetailsSearch&term=muscadine&log$=activity

(Interesting stuff on muscadine and alzheimers, anti-pathogen type activity, inhibition of protein gycation (AGE proteins), topical anti-inflammatory, inhibition of prostate cancer, etc)... fun read if you like this stuff.

Hopefully we will see some recorded testimonials soon. They had a video crew in St. Louis and lines of people ready to talk on camera. (My 60yo friend says he now has 20-20 vision since starting on it).

Anyway, since so many were talking about Vivix, I thought I would update everyone on the latest.

Healthman
08-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah..resveratroll is amazing for its anti-oxidant content. Another ideal substitute for resveratrole is green tea..along with acai and grapes...green tea can also be added in health tea.

Shopaholic
09-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I am enjoying this discussion and without a doubt in my mind Reservatrol is an excellent sourse of health benifits, I know for a fact it is assisting friends of mine pretty greatly so I can only say positive things about it :) if anyone is interested a found an informative article about Reservatrol supplements reviewed by a health blogger, its a good article, pretty helpful. Resveratrol supplements: 3 products reviewed by health blogger Mina Cohen (http://factoidz.com/resveratrol-supplements-3-products-reviewed-by-health-blogger-mina-cohen/)