View Full Version : What's for Dinner?
06-15-2009, 02:03 PM
It's been quiet on the boards lately.
What's been for dinner?
I have been enjoying a lot of marinades/rubs that can be converted into crockpot recipes....and they are all 15% off this month.
Kansas City Pork - made into pulled pork sandwiches
Cilantro Citrus Chicken
Chicken Enchilada Chicken
I love having a food business as we eat great!!
Hope all is well with everyone.
06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
I used the KC rub and made sloppy joes
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I just used the Fajita mix from HG and it was so awesome- I ordered two more!
We also made an awesome drink from the Traveling Vineyard, called the Palm, which is a fab summer drink..
And our Coconut Chocolate Chip smoothie mix has been an awesome summer drink too!!
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
I think some chicken recipe is best for dinner
07-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Since its summer i've been using the grill nonstop! This tasty recipe is from Safeway Summer site (http://safeway.com/summer) and just had to share it with all you here. Hope you enjoy :)
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
* 3/4 cup Safeway SELECT™ Ginger & Sesame Teriyaki Marinade
* 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
* 2 tbsp. minced garlic
* 1 tbsp. O Organics™ Granulated Sugar
* 1/8 tsp. hot chile flakes
* 2 lbs. boneless, skinless salmon fillet, rinsed, patted dry, and cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
* 8 10-in. metal or wooden skewers
* 2 bunches green onions, white and light green parts only, cut into 1-in. lengths
1. In a medium bowl, mix terikyaki marinade, ginger, garlic, sugar, and hot chile flakes. Add salmon and mix gently to coat. Cover and chill 45 minutes. If using wooden skewers, put them in a shallow pan with water to cover and soak at least 20 minutes.
2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions). While grill heats, drain wooden skewers, then thread cubes of fish onto skewers, alternating with pieces of green onion.
3. Place skewers on well-oiled cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook about 4 minutes. Using a wide spatula and tongs, gently turn each skewer over. Cook just until salmon is browned on the outside and no longer translucent in the center (cut to test), about 4 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter.
The Watkins Man
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Fish cooked in grape seed oil, rice and pea's