WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 6 for success... to 10 to win

AngelLyndz
05-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Would anyone like to challenge themselves with me to do this for the month of June? Goal of 6 presentations for the month (2 per week).

If so, "sign" up here. As you set dates, come back here and post when your presentations are going to be held!

Let's keep each other motivated! We shouldn't let other people hold our dreams in their hands. We deserve this as much as anyone else!!!

Have a great day ladies (and gents if they are lurking around)!

So happy that so many of you wonderful ladies have accepted this challenge and so many have already started filling those calendars!! smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif Great job!!!

Here are a few "guidelines".

1. Anyone from any company can participate in this challenge. We all are working towards the same goal, no matter what company!

2. A "presentation" can be any of the following:
*A physical party/class with 3+ in attendance
*3 one-on-ones or drop offs would count as 1 presentation.

Any more ideas and I will gladly add them! Good luck girls and remember, have fun!! Otherwise, there is no need for us to be doing this kind of business!

Edited by: AngelLyndz

facedesigndiva
05-25-2009, 11:09 AM
FDD from Mary Kay here. I have always loved this simple system that I first heard about when I read information about Dana Collins. In fact one of my first questions to this Folder was to ask if anyone was still doing it.

Even though I am with another company, may I be included in this challenge? As I wrote earlier I had stepped back from my business and am now re-focused. This is the perfect kind of goal. It is believable yet will still stretch me out of my comfort zone.

If I am allowed to participate I'd like to advertise for a booking call buddy. My goal is to make 15 booking calls by Sunday the 31st and I have to speak to the intended contact in order for it to count. I'd love to have a partner.

MLuvsthisBiz
05-25-2009, 11:15 AM
How fun! Count me in!

One question, I always forget how many on-on-ones are need to count as a group. Would 3 individuals count?

I do groups and one-on-ones.....

Ok, I'm off to make some calls right now! Thanks Angel and FDD (and I suspect we will see Julie here soon :-)

healthyskincana
05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Yes Mama I'm here too!
I'm in too as I was already working on this anyway!

My first party is actually for myself (which counts too) but I'm working on getting more.

One training by Karen Phelps (who is really good by the way) suggests calling (and actually speaking to real people not machines) 5 people a day for 10 days. I made a number of calls yesterday and did actually speak to 5 real people. More to do tonight...

Great to see you FDD, you are always so positive and have so much to contribute!smileys/smiley20.gifI already have an accountability partner (Mama and I are trying to connect) but maybe lisa would be interested since she's new (again)!

Good luck everyone, let's work our way to the top (or at least to 6 shows for the month of June)!Edited by: healthyskincana

Soonergirl74
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Awesome idea Angel! What a fabulous way to kick start your business again. You go girl! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gifI would love to do it with you guys (If that would be ok since I'm not in Rbon anymore) but I already have 5 parties booked for June soI kind of feel like I'd be cheating, lol. I had my debut soiree the other night & 4 of the 6 people there are hosting their own soiree for me! Plus I'm going to Disney World at the first of June so I'm not sure I could handle more than I have booked, lol.

I can't wait to see how you guys do though!

AngelLyndz
05-25-2009, 04:37 PM
I was driving home tonight and I was thinking about this post (hoping people would go for it, lol) and I went "OH NO!! I forgot to put whomever from which ever company!" Of course we want any venture to participate! We are all working toward the same goal: financial freedom and time freedom.

The more the merrier!

healthyskincana
05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Jen,
That's awesome!! What a great start smileys/smiley20.gif

Soonergirl74
05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Julie! I plan to do a little write up of how it went & what I did. That way if there is anything I did that might help anyone they can use it. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

facedesigndiva
05-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Just for clarification, will 3 one-on ones count as a group presentations? Like another post here, I do both. This is going to be such fun, isn't it? Are you all looking forward to next month as much as I am? Hooray to all of us that accepted this challengesmileys/smiley32.gif and thanks to you Angel for issuing it.
smileys/smiley32.gifEdited by: facedesigndiva

Soonergirl74
05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
See, this is why I've always loved this folder. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley27.gif

MLuvsthisBiz
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
ok, girls....I've got 2 one-on-ones booked for Thursday (F*5) drop offs to be picked up on Monday smileys/smiley20.gif

Soonergirl74
05-26-2009, 08:55 PM
ok, girls....I've got 2 one-on-ones booked for Thursday (F*5) drop offs to be picked up on Monday smileys/smiley20.gif

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gifYou go girl!

AngelLyndz
05-26-2009, 10:39 PM
smileys/smiley20.gif Ya'll are doing fantastic!! Sorry this took so long, I was having problems posting earlier.

FDD- I think that 3 one-on-ones or 3 drop offs would count as a presentation or class. I'll edit the first post to specify this. smileys/smiley2.gif

MLuvsthisBiz
05-29-2009, 12:09 PM
How's everyone doing?? I need to get more on the books for June...and close out this month STRONG!! Whooo Hoooo!!

AngelLyndz
05-29-2009, 04:18 PM
As suggested by my upline, I am currently working through the 90 Day Plan on that website I posted the other day. Because it is a step-by-step thing, I actually will not be on the phone for 2 weeks. smileys/smiley11.gif But, this plan is working so well for another group of girls, my NVP highly recommended it. As soon as these 2 weeks are up, I do have a vision of where I'm going. (This should bring me to making calls/setting things up June 9th ish). lol

Goal:

*Since I am getting one main kit to start off with, I will be passing that one around. I have alloted myself every 4 days, to have it at the next person's house. This will be 6 drop offs by the end of June. (I already have my list of people who WILL be trying this. lol Not hope to try, they WILL. They just don't know it yet. smileys/smiley36.gif) This should equal 2 "parties".

Otherwise, I am going to have some sort of business launch, mid June.

Until I get further into the plan, these are my current goals.

facedesigndiva
07-02-2009, 08:07 PM
So how did everyone do? Or did we all fizzle outsmileys/smiley19.gif. I must be honest, I got a new job at the first of the month and have been too tired to do much of anything but try to manage my home and work. I've finally worked the kinks out of scheduling my time, so I'll need to try again, if anyone else is interested. If not- I understand. For us in Mary Kay, July is the start of our consultant business year, so it's a fresh new start. Do -over anyone? smileys/smiley20.gif

healthyskincana
07-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Hey FDD I'm with you. June wasn't what I wanted it to be but I already have 2 parties scheduled for sure and 2 to get on the books for July. That should leave me a date to do a Hollywood Makeover party that I host myself and that would bring me to 5!

My goal is 6-8, but that would be a start!

I'm going camping tomorrow, but don't want to let that keep me from staying on course...