WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Child's Play Inc. ?

pomsmom
05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I came across this website a few days ago and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? It's http://www.cpcrafts.com/home.html

I checked out the BBB report, which isn't good, but neither is Tiny Details and people seem to be doing good with that one recently.

Here's what it says on the website:
The
travel size game boards are made from felt, adhesive paper, and sea
maid ribbon. There is no sewing involved. All you will need to make the
travelsize game boards is a ruler, pair of scissors, and an iron. </span>

</span>We
will pay you a total of $74.50 per unit of15 quality travel size game
boards. This includes $60.00 for the productions and $14.50 for the
supply reimbursement. Your supplies can easily be purchased from any
local Wal-mart or fabric store.</span>

</span>We will accept up tofive units per week from you. That's $372.50 per week!</span></font></font>

I'm not crazy about the idea of buying my supplies, but it doesn't look that hard to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edited by: pomsmom

cwah_mom_ohio
05-23-2009, 09:40 PM
I found this one a while back...I was hoping someone else had tried it. It doesn't seem like anyone here has, which is a bummer.

I'm not crazy about buying supplies but I have bought numerous supplies to "practice" for nec crafts. At least you will get paid back for it.

Let us know if you give it a try.

tweetykiss
07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Pomsmom, have you tried this? I want to do this too. I didn't know this thread was here and so I had started another thread on this.

tweetykiss
07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I forgot to mention that I called the 800 number on their website and yes someone does answer and she assured me that while we have to buy our supplies, they do reimburse us as well as for postage and handling and then for our labor. On the starter kit, they send all the supplies. We also have a 30 day refund.

pomsmom
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM
No, I didn't send for a kit. I've got enough right now to keep me busy. Let us know if you get one and how it goes. It looks easy enough, but then again they all do until you have to make them, lol.

Sassismom
07-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Jolene...so what else have you got that's keeping you so busy...please share, is it craft related work?

pomsmom
07-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Well, not counting a crazy 3 year old and working 30+ hours a week, I have two kits from Tiny Details (the playing cards and the Victorian Calling Cards) and I have the bow kit from Cottage Industries. Plus I'm really into loom knitting right now and I'm making a bedspread for my daughter, the crazy 3 yr old. I really can't work on my kits until after work and she's in bed, so not a lot of time to spare around here. I need to stop looming though to get my kits in, but it's soooo addicting and fun! The in-laws have her this weekend, so maybe I can get a few of them knocked out. smileys/smiley1.gif

Sassismom
07-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm not that adventurous to try a real loom, but I do enjoy doing smaller projects on the round looms, like dog sweaters and hats.

I see by your name you must have a pom, Sassi is also a pom and I'm always interested in meeting other pom moms.