WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Terri Wonn
05-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Just announced yesterday! We are all very excited!

Touchstone acquires Calif. firm

Touchstone Crystal, of Cranston, on Friday said it has acquired a California-based direct sales company for an undisclosed sum. The company, Little Black Dress Fashion Jewelry Collection was started in 2004 to sell to individuals who attend events hosted by its salespeople. Touchstone offers a beautiful collection of jewelry featuring Swarovski crystals and crystal pearls. The company is a member the Swarovski Group of Cos., of Cranston and the Direct Selling Association. Little Black Dress sells sterling silver and other jewelry through a network of independent salespeople. Founders Robert McCannel and Erich Yost joined Touchstone as part of the deal.

http://www.touchstonecrystal.com/images/items/1307e_lg.jpg

JaneRake
05-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm very excited to see the new pieces. I hope they'll have the collection on display at conference in July. Are there any LBD consultants out there that can give me some insight into their line?
http://www.touchstonecrystal.com/images/items/1840nf_sm.jpg (javascript:popUp%28images/items/1840nf_lg.jpg%29)

Patricia J
05-10-2009, 01:14 PM
smileys/smiley10.gif Happy Mother's Day to all the SPARKLING Moms</font>

CarolynInOK
05-10-2009, 09:03 PM
One of TC's big "selling points" is the jewelry is plated with rhodium vs sterling silver because sterling silver tarnishes (In Touch 3/08).None of the other direct sale jewelry companies that I've seen use rhodium - major + for TC.Will TC now be carrying sterling silver as well?
I googled it and found their catalog. The jewelry is akin to any costume jewelry you find in @ a department store....or from Cookie Lee or Parklane or Lia Sophia or Silpada. The specialness of offering SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL has been cheapened to have stuff that looks like what every other jewelry vendor @ a fair is sellingif TC picks up their entire line. I just skimmed through the PDF and found about 8 items (from a 15 page catalog) that are made with Swarovski crystal. The CZ stuff and the silver stuff is pretty, but the rhinestone stuff just looks cheap. Is TC ONLY going to carry LBD's product line that already contain Swarovski Crystals?Edited by: CarolynInOK