WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : what else do you do...

cwah_mom_ohio
04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
What else do you do to make money online or other work at home projects? I know this is a crafting forum, but I also know there are a few here that do alot of other stuff. I was hoping some of them would share what they do.

I am working on getting approved by nec on 6 projects, but getting a little down hearted on that.

I also have been working on putting together a blog/website on making money online with surveys. That's going kind of slow. But I know there are people out there looking for free lists of sites. So who knows?

I am also working on putting some items together to put on etsy.com. I have a purse that I'm fine tuning along with some shopping totes. I also have some dog toys. My jack russle has given them two paws up. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifShe loves to play tug of war with her toys so I have to be sure they won't pull apart while we're playing. Nothing worse than coming home and finding stuffing every where. Poor chew toy. Also want to be sure she's safe too. She's my little "peeper". I love her but the puppy stage was a very trying time. Good thing my furniture was used. She "buried" her treats in my cushions and such. You dog lovers know what I mean.

Care to share what you do?

Thanks for sharing
Debbie

bradhogg
04-22-2009, 04:51 AM
it is the top quality option

custom koozies (http://www.getkoozies.com)

twidget1507
04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi,
I write for an online "newspaper" called The Examiner. The pay isn't the greatest but it is also largely based on the amount of time you put into your articles and doing online promoting of your articles.

The promoting is actually really easy, only took me a week working a few hours a day to promote to all the places The Examiner lists as good places to promote.

I write articles about exotic pets, once I signed up all I had to do was agree to a criminal background check and send in a sample story for them to review. Once my sample was approved I was granted free access to pretty much write about anything within my topic area.

If you want to see my page you can here:
Nashville Exotic Pets Examiner (http://www.examiner.com/x-7792-Nashville-Exotic-Pets-Examiner)

I don't want to sound all self promoting but this is a fun way to make a little extra money for anyone who likes to write. If anyone wants to apply, use me as a reference to speed up your application process (it usually takes a few weeks before you're given full access).Edited by: twidget1507

tinkerB
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
twidget1507
I love your guinea pig story!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

cwah_mom_ohio
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Awwww. The bubmle bee is soooo cute!! Great article, thanks for sharing it with us.

twidget1507
04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad everyone is enjoying my stories.

If anyone has been making money in any other way let us know, it's always nice to have work options when you're a stay at home mom.

melinda97
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I realize this is an old post but....unfortunatley (sp?) I have to work outside of the home to make money because I am not expreienced in anything that you can do online.
I have recently opened an etsy store in hopes of making a little extra money.I tried selling beauty products but that didn't work out well for me....not enough customers. I have also tried those gpt sites and doing surveys and I either never qualify for a survey or my inbox got flooded with spam email. So the hunt continues for a wah job to suppliment my income.

gingerbread
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey Melinda was happy to read your post.
I have tried the craft companies and think they are not for me. I have made a little money but the time taken to make a little money is way to much time for me to continue making the craftdaily.
So I have been researching. So many work at home jobs to pick from. But I am afraid they are all going to turn out pretty much the same. So much time spent for a little bit of money.
I had wondered about Project Payday and Free Lunch. Was reading their info on Free Lunch earlier today and wondered what you would be up against.
Thank you for your post. Think what you mentioned would cause some of the problems you would encounter.
Sorry the Etsy sitedid not work out. I had researched Ebay and other opportunities and decided the business would probably not be there.
Well Luck to you. I am still researching and trying to find that one job that may be right for me. I am not even looking to make that much money. But for the time spent to make a little it just is not out there. Maybe one hundred to two hundred a month and alot of my time.
I want six hundred a month and would do eight hour days for that amount of money. I can not find it.

Good LuckEdited by: gingerbread

melinda97
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I just started the etsy store and I hope I will do okay with it but I am still looking for more ways to make some extra money.What did I mentioned that may be causing me problems?

gingerbread
05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh Melinda luck on your Etsy sales. I read your post to say you had tried beauty products on Etsy. That is not what it says though.
What are you selling?
I do not think I saw it in your signature.
Maybe the Crochetbits?Edited by: gingerbread

melinda97
05-19-2009, 03:32 PM
i meant selling beauty products did not work out for me. sorry about that

gingerbread
05-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh you wrote it correctly I just read it wrong.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

How is your internet site for Avon going?

I did not know you could sell Avon online. Very Interesting.

Well I am going to have to look into selling Avon online.

Again Good Luck on your money making and working from home. You have some good ideas. Bet you do well.Edited by: gingerbread

melinda97
05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
i didn't get alot of customers but yes it is possible.

cwah_mom_ohio
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone
Well after several days of trying to figure out how to upload pics from my camera, I have it figured out.

Sorry to take so long in getting back to everyone. See pics of my granny square purse at my etsy shop in my siggy line below. Thanks for taking a look