WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Facebook

Jolly
04-11-2009, 03:55 PM
What is the deal?
I notice many facebook listings promoting MK consultants. Some even have a photo ( corporate I think) of MK products as the poster's home portrait.
With all the talk about violation of Trademarks, contracts, rules etc... does Mk corporate have a say in this?

PrincessGG
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
I think the deal is that MK will not go after consultants who are ordering and selling the product.

They will go after liquidators who are taking customers away from their consultants.

If you look at the internet, there seems to be a number of Pink liquidators, some which don't have MK anywhere on their website (smart) and others that have it all over.

I don't get facebook at all. But it seems to be something that is being taken seriously by other people than myself. Even Beauticontrol has a facebook page.

mkcecilia
04-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Rhonda Shasteen has started a Twitter Mary Kay blog. Seems very interesting....I signed up.

sparkler
04-12-2009, 05:24 AM
What is the deal?

With all the talk about violation of Trademarks, contracts, rules etc... does Mk corporate have a say in this?

They absolutely do, but I doubt they have the manpower to do anything about it.

If it's a rule for one, it should be a rule for all. The key, I guess, is for any one of us who happen upon these pages to report them to corporate legal.

My take, however, is that the facebook people are IBCs and are in violation of their contracts. TOP is no longer affiliated with MK (if they ever were) and therefore does not need to abide by MK contracts, which they never had in the first place. It's just a case of MK being the schoolyard bully b/c TOP is so visible.

There are stores all over my town -- as well as all over the country, I'm sure -- that make their living buying and reselling name-brand articles. Will this lawsuit (which has not actually been judged yet) have the potential to close down all those stores, too?

As if there isn't enough unemployment now. smileys/smiley5.gif

LuvEmMakeupMlms
04-12-2009, 10:43 AM
This lawsuit won't close anything down other than the TOP group, but it may set a prescedent that other lawyers can use.

Jolly
04-12-2009, 04:29 PM
oh..hooray for the lawyers!

(sorry, could not resist)

Jolly
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Seriously
Seems like there is so much technology out there..

And savvy women are finding many many many ways to attempt to market MK...

Me... that tech stuff takes away all the fun of the good old way Mk USED to be.

And the lawsuits and scandals take away a ton of the old fun.

And the price of gas... don't even let me start on how that affects things.

Expenses ( new, many, and myriad) take away a lot of the old fun.

I never realized how much of the OLD fun was missing til now!

sparkler
04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
It's a far cry from what it was and not at all like the prima donna intended it to be. For one thing, she never wanted males involved -- at least not in the top ranks. She didn't even want male consultants, but there was no way to shut them out.

Take from that what you will.

LuvEmMakeupMlms
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
You are absolutely right sparkler. Mary Kay Ash meant this company for women.

I was thinking seriously of re-joining because I like the product but this is not the Mary Kay I used to be involved with. The Nightline video of people dancing and "carrying on" is not my style. I like fun but some of this is just silly! I am there to learn and make money.

Anyway, I had promised not to post on this board since I am not in Mary Kay anymore so I won't. Besides, what is the use? These girls have to find out for themselves the way I did.

If the day ever comes that someone says to me "you look SHARP" maybe I'll reconsider.

Success to everyone in Mary Kay who wants it!!

Adios

sparkler
04-13-2009, 05:11 AM
If the day ever comes that someone says to me "you look SHARP" maybe I'll reconsider.

Why would you do that when you already know that it is a canned, insincere come-onsmileys/smiley25.gif

Your mirror won't lie to you! smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley17.gif

LuvEmMakeupMlms
04-13-2009, 07:12 AM
I meant that a a joke, a put on. That the #1 word used in Mary Kay.

The Mary Kay image is one of the latest updated hairdo (primarily short/ medium blonde hair, high woobly heels short skirt).

sparkler
04-13-2009, 08:13 AM
smileys/smiley36.gif

I guess I hadn't quite woken up yet when I got on the boards this morning.

That response was B.C. (before coffee) just like the MK image; BC (before Christ.smileys/smiley17.gif