WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Capital Typing.com

AJ1974
03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello,

http://www.capitaltyping.com/employment-capital-typing

I am considering about doing data entry at home.I found this company from a work at home newsletter. I could not find them from theBetter Business Bureau websiteand they are locatedfrom South Carolina.

I haveseveral questions to ask you. Is this company absolutely 100% legit? Are you familiar with them?What are the pros and cons ofCapital Typing.com?Can it be afull or part time job opportunity?All oftheir positions areclassified as employees or independent contractors?

I appreciate your support.

I look forward hearing from you.

Anthony
ajfj_99@yahoo.com

Edited by: AJ1974

LadyMia
03-24-2009, 06:38 PM
AJ1974,

I took a look at the site. It seems legit. I've never heard of this company, but their application process is a normal form that you would fill out for an employer. It doesn't ask for money, so I say go for it.

I filled out the short application and submitted my resume, so I hope to hear something soon. Thanks for the lead. And much success to you in your job hunting.
</font>

ladybug01
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I looked at the website..how do I apply? thanks!

03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
IMO, I guess you would have to apply and see what happens. If they reply and are interested in your qualifications, you should be able to get more info. I have never heard of the company before, but check around. It maybe listed somewhere around here.

Good Luck if you did try out for it! Hope it is positive news! smileys/smiley1.gif

LadyMia
03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Ladybug01,

If you click on the link posted up top by AJ1974. You should see this link below to the right of the Web site. Just click on it and an application will open up in another window. Just fill out what they ask and send it back to them. I haven't heard anything back yet though.
</font>

<div align="justify"> Click here - To fill the employment form (http://www.capitaltyping.com/employment-capital-typing#)--> <div align="justify">http://www.capitaltyping.com/images/Employment_CT.jpg http://www.capitaltyping.com/images/Employment_CT_edited.jpg (http://www.capitaltyping.com/employment-capital-typing#)

authentic2go
03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Hmm, never heard of them either. Let us know what the outcome is and if they get back to those of you who applied.

I see they have customer service jobs too.

Lilly33
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
I never heard of them before either, I also went ahead and applied for the customer support position. Ill let you guys know if anything turns up.

amy11077
03-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes yes, please let us know how it goes!!!

goodcauses
03-26-2009, 06:36 AM
I see under the information on Data Entry they use offshore outsourcing. It kind of put me off. What do you all think?

authentic2go
03-26-2009, 06:47 AM
I guess my first thought is that they want to save money on contracting out work. I'd say draw your own conclusion from that.

From what I understand (and I could be wrong) but when companies outsource to other countries, those who work for them outside of the USA are paid way under our minimum wage standards.

Maybe it's because of our economic situation but I have no clue.

Let's see what others get for a response first.

I'm sure we'll discover more soon.

authentic2go
03-26-2009, 06:49 AM
After-thought: What does kind of turn me off about that is mainly for one reason only.

There are so many of us in the US (especially now) who need the work. We live, spend and contribute back to our society. So we need an income to continue to do that.

Companies who outsource and in my humble opinion are trying to keep their overhead expenses down and I get that. But what about "our" supply and demand?

Anyway ... I guess I could get off on a rant about it and I don't want to pull us off the subject matter.

Like I said, I guess lets see what comes from it.

MsLee
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes, I thought they really stress how much cheaper they can get your work done for you. I really was put off with them saying how they outsource data entry. That usually means they are paying someone overseas about $2.00 an hour &amp; alot of times even less than that.
we need the jobs here in the USA!! I'm hoping in the future that the US govt. puts more taxes &amp; restrictions on companies that outsource instead of giving them tax breaks.

OT - my brother told me about 3 years ago that he was thinking about outsourcing his data overseas,&amp; I told him he better not, &amp; if he did, he can forget about me talking to him. He has his own business, &amp; I help him out alot, but I told him he can forget about my help if he started outsourcing overseas.

To those applying, please keep us informed.

Christena
03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
You might want to see if it's been review on
http://www.wahcheck.com/Default.aspx
There's a lot of information there.
christena

authentic2go
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
You might want to see if it's been review on
http://www.wahcheck.com/Default.aspx
There's a lot of information there.
christena

Cool ... I like that site. Thanks for sharing! smileys/smiley32.gif

Christena
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
You are welcome! That's what I like about this site - we can all share and help one another.
christena

lindito
04-05-2009, 08:37 AM
you know, one of the people for whom i do transcription is looking for people "offshore" not because of the "cost savings", but because of the TIME DIFFERENCE.

and a large part of the people that i know that work from home in other countries are, like myself, americans who are not allowed to work in the countries where they live. i think you should be *really* careful in the whole "people overseas are undercutting" thing. srsly. ugh.

[also, if you have the money to bring my kids' grandparents to the usa as well as my kids, as well as cough up the cash so we can all live in a Very Good School District, then by all means do so, and i'll come back to the states and live. how's that?]

Kiramouse
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Let me know how it works out please.

Juliabelle
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
All I can tell you is that applied with them about 2 weeks ago and haven't received any responses to date. Will let you know if I hear anything!

Joline86
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Has anyone here worked for them, or even heard back about your application? I was thinking of appying but would like some to hear some feedback about this company. Any information would be greatly apprciated.

LadyMia
10-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Joline86,

I had forgotten I responded to this thread way back in March of this year. LOL. But I never heard anything back from this company from when I applied back then. So, I have no clue what they are all about and have never heard anyone mention that they work for them, since this thread first appeared. Sorry.

But if you like editing and proofreading and reviewing descriptions on websites, check out my blog to find out more about it. If interested click the link and sign up. You pay nothing, it's free to join. And get this you make money instantly after completing assignments and you will be paid TONIGHT for work completed before 10 pm est. I received a payment last night for work done yesterday. I worked for about 1 1/2 hrs today and have made over $13 so far, and expect to receive payment in my PayPal account later on tonight. It really is a great opportunity.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Toodles

Joline86
10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Thank you so much for responding. That sounds like a great opportunity. I will definately check it out.:)

LadyMia
10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
You are very welcome. I know you will be happy with this and the best thing about it is, when you refer other people you get paid 10% of what they earn. And you can earn up to 3 levels, though the percentage of what you make off the other 2 lower levels is less. But still this is an excellent opportunity and the 1st one I've found that pays instantly and pays this well for your referrals.

If you joined under me, thanks a bunch. I know you won't be disappointed with this one.

Catch you later.

sred
12-02-2010, 07:36 AM
I applied towards the end of last week and I heard a response yesterday. A rep from the company emailed me and sent me some paperwork and there policies so I could ensure this was something I wanted to do then we would set up a Skype chat to interview. You make $15 per audio hour to start, not how long it takes you to proof or transcribe. After you show them you can meet deadline and your quality of work you can make $18 an hour. There's a possibilty for advancement and becoming a project manager. All sounds legit. I'm a little nervous, never done this before. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. A lot of these companies only reply if THEY like you. Which I am finding out. I've applied for about 15 different jobs in about 3 weeks and this is one of the three that I've heard back from and the most promising so far. I really would like to be at home when my kids get home from school but finding good leads, it's really hard - even on here.

CKizziar
12-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I definitely wish you good luck with this, but be aware of the time that might go into the work. I gather from some of the more experienced transcribers, that an audio hour could take anywhere from two to four hours to transcribe (someone correct if I am wrong?). That would leave you making somewhere between $3.75 and $7.50 an hour, and of course if you're new to it you might have to allow for the slower time.

I hope it works out well for you thought, just wanted to give you a heads up :)

sarahlorrain
12-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Well, I'm glad that you got a response at least! Let us know how it turns out for you.

Bunny22
12-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I applied towards the end of last week and I heard a response yesterday. A rep from the company emailed me and sent me some paperwork and there policies so I could ensure this was something I wanted to do then we would set up a Skype chat to interview. You make $15 per audio hour to start, not how long it takes you to proof or transcribe. After you show them you can meet deadline and your quality of work you can make $18 an hour. There's a possibilty for advancement and becoming a project manager. All sounds legit. I'm a little nervous, never done this before. We'll see. I'll keep you posted. A lot of these companies only reply if THEY like you. Which I am finding out. I've applied for about 15 different jobs in about 3 weeks and this is one of the three that I've heard back from and the most promising so far. I really would like to be at home when my kids get home from school but finding good leads, it's really hard - even on here.

$18 an audio hour is an abysmal rate. Check out the transcription folder. An hour of good audio will take at least three hours to transcribe and more likely much longer for a beginner. You need to consider the time to download, proofread, edit, and upload as well.

janny108
12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Yes, I thought they really stress how much cheaper they can get your work done for you. I really was put off with them saying how they outsource data entry. That usually means they are paying someone overseas about $2.00 an hour &amp; alot of times even less than that.
we need the jobs here in the USA!! I'm hoping in the future that the US govt. puts more taxes &amp; restrictions on companies that outsource instead of giving them tax breaks.

OT - my brother told me about 3 years ago that he was thinking about outsourcing his data overseas,&amp; I told him he better not, &amp; if he did, he can forget about me talking to him. He has his own business, &amp; I help him out alot, but I told him he can forget about my help if he started outsourcing overseas.

To those applying, please keep us informed.

2.00 an hr is a lot for people overseas esp in some countries.

CKizziar
12-02-2010, 09:17 AM
$18 an audio hour is an abysmal rate. Check out the transcription folder. An hour of good audio will take at least three hours to transcribe and more likely much longer for a beginner. You need to consider the time to download, proofread, edit, and upload as well.

bunny22,

thanks for clarifying that, my reply was shooting from the hip just form what I remembered other transcribers saying, it seemed to me that it would be terrible low and that they had not explained how long it could take to sred when she applied. Isn't something along $50-$60 per audio hour more in line with the norm? Or am I overshooting it now?

Bunny22
12-02-2010, 10:36 AM
bunny22,

thanks for clarifying that, my reply was shooting from the hip just form what I remembered other transcribers saying, it seemed to me that it would be terrible low and that they had not explained how long it could take to sred when she applied. Isn't something along $50-$60 per audio hour more in line with the norm? Or am I overshooting it now?

$50 to $60 an audio hour is a good starting rate.

AngelC
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Link for application is as follows
Outsourcing Services: Secretarial, Office Administration, Data Entry, Transcription, Language Translation - Capital Typing HOMEPAGE (http://employment.capitaltyping.com)

msuggitt
12-02-2010, 02:22 PM
oh my goodness, at that payrate, working for an hour would barely give you change after buying a candybar :eek:

sounds like you'd be better off going with either quickt#te or speakwr&te and with qt you have the opportunity to move up to a better paying position if you're good. btw: have you applied at all of the transcription companies that offer decent pay?