WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Food Companies

sandyrae21
03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
HI THERE!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

I would like to doa little comparison on food companies if a few of youcould help me out!! I just have a few questions!!

What is the (base)commission?

Is there a monthly/quarterly requirement to stay active?
If so, what is it?

What is the sales quota to earn your team commission?

Are commission (personal and team) paid on the retail or wholesale value of sales?

Thanks for your time!!!

Hugs, Sandy

bianca5454
03-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Sandy,
Below I will answer your questions regarding Watkins Products.

25% off the top. You will earn up to 39% based on that months sales achievement. Downline commissions are 5%-15%
None! You work at your own pace and order what you want when you want it.
If so, what is it?

It's based on points. It is 500 group points(total points)and 100 central points (personal points).

Are commission (personal and team) paid on the retail or wholesale value of sales? They are paid off the profits of the items.

lani7
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
for watkins,, "paid off the profits of the items. " ..Can you pls clarify what you mean by that?....for the team bonus, that sounds like if one makes $25..say 25% of $100...so 25, bonus would be paid on that profit..Is this what you mean? or are you just meaning retail?...

rebeccasmeals
03-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Here are some answers from Homemade Gourmet.

We also have incredible incentive trips, prizes (even Ipods, gift certificates, etc) - and other fun things that we can earn throughout the year.
Also, Homemade Gourmet offers a free website and customer newsletter for first year of service.

What is the (base)commission? 40%. Earn 5% bonus on retail sales of $2000 or more.

If so, what is it?

$400 retail ($240 wholesale) - every rolling 2 months...but can be sold 3 different ways cummulative to reach that amount.
Inventory order, Homemade Gourmet Preferred (our free discount program to join), and direct ship orders. Multiple methods of selling - and $400 is doable as our home show average with 8-10 guests.

It depends on the leader level...starts at $400 retail.
However, as long as we are ordering, we never lose our team members..
We follow the principle: Lead by Example
Leaders are still expected to sell product to earn comission on downline.

Are commission (personal and team) paid on the retail or wholesale value of sales?
Wholesale

bianca5454
03-04-2009, 02:31 AM
for watkins,, "paid off the profits of the items. " ..Can you pls clarify what you mean by that?....for the team bonus, that sounds like if one makes $25..say 25% of $100...so 25, bonus would be paid on that profit..Is this what you mean? or are you just meaning retail?...

Sorry for the confusion. It's broken down in three parts; cost of goods, associate initial profits (25% off retail) and bonus payouts. Basically, total earnable profits up to 39% will be earned based on resale.

HTH~ http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

PinkPea
03-04-2009, 03:29 AM
How do you market Watkins products?

Mare528
03-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I am with Dove Chocolate Discoveries and I LOVE it!

What is the (base)commission? 25%-40%</font>

Is there a monthly/quarterly requirement to stay active? Yes</font>

If so, what is it? $200 on a rolling 3 month period

What is the sales quota to earn your team commission? It depends on you level, a senior chococatier you need $100 in personal sales, team leader you would need $250 in sales.

Are commission (personal and team) paid on the retail or wholesale value of sales? Retail, we get a discount for our supply.</font>

Hope that helps :)

bianca5454
03-04-2009, 04:12 PM
How do you market Watkins products?

Hi Lee,
Watkins is very flexible and we, as associates, can design our business that suit us. We can market online as well as offline. We have a wonderful home party plan called Good Tastings (Watkins pays hostess benefits 100%), even catalog parties.We can promote via craft and vendor shows. Advertising Watkins doesn't have strict guidelines, e.i. we can use the Watkins name. We are given a free website to promote our business be it sales and or recruiting. The sky is the limit and there are so many fun ways to promote and share Watkins.

BrendaM
03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Sandy,
Here is info on Country Gourmet..

we start at 35%-50% base on the amount of sales... If you build a team you earn 5% on them.. we earn a commission on our online sales.. Team sales and online sales are paid quarterly. And we get paid on our home shows before we send the show in. So no waiting for a check on your shows.
Is there a monthly/quarterly requirement to stay active? Yes..
If so, what is it?
Its only $100 every 3 months.. so doing $33 in orders each month is a peice of cake.. And usually if your family eats this food you will always be active.. and they will because its down home cooking. I have not found one thing that my family doesn't like.

What is the sales quota to earn your team commission?you earn on what they sell,$amount, there is no quota,

Are commission (personal and team) paid on the retail or wholesale value of sales? 35% -50% is based on sales, and is your personal commission amount, and for your team its 5% on what ever they sell.

Please go to the website it will answer any other question you have. This a pretty simple business to do, if you sell it you earn commission on it, if you have a team and they sell it you earn commission on it..

sandyrae21
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks everyone for answering my questions!!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gifI was comparing because Ialready have a company I'm interested in. But I was justa little concerned about a couple of things, especially the quota to stay active!
Whichis $350 in salesevery two months! So I just wanted to see how it compared to other companies! I wish it was every three months I think I would liked thatbetter!!Also, if you have a downline and don't stay active you would lose your team!

For the companies that havea quota to stay active, what happens if you don't stay active all the time?

Thanks again for your time!!

Thanks, Sandy

TSKrista
03-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Sandy,

If someone doesn't make their quota with my company, you lose your commission that month, but not your team members. That does seem very extreme that you lose your team with the company you are looking at.

TastefullyMI
03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Glad you've found something, Sandy!

Good luck to you. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif