WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Stella & Dot vs Lia Sophia

jan8022
02-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm an unemployed (happily) retail store manager with some background in DS, having been a MK rep for a little while. While thinking about what I wanted to do when I grew up, I realized that I loved my job except for its being retail. I loved the customers, being a manager, motivating people, working as a team, etc., etc., just not the toxic boss, the hours, the lack of appreciation, the pay, the exploitation, etc.

Sooooo, I found myself emotionally responding to an ad in a local advertising publication from a Lia Sophia rep and have spent the last two days following all the info I could find about this company as well as taking those leads wherever they led me, which was to S&D to whom I also had an emotional response.

So I've contacted both companies, will speak with each rep and take it from there, but in the meantime does anyone have any insights into how these two companies might compare? This forum has been a weath of information (thanks to all here and elsewhere!). Obviously, S&D is newer and might have a "ground floor" opportunity, but Lia Sophia seems to be a great company also. I've not seen either jewelry line in person but each appeals to me--in fact if I could sell both I wouldn't have a question about it, but I know that is a no-no.

Thanks in advance and happy selling to everyone...

christy007
02-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I pm'd yousmileys/smiley4.gif

lesliek
02-19-2009, 01:10 PM
For me I just feel my style more personally aligns with Stella & Dot. I love it's vintage-y, boutique-y feel. In fact, I joke that Lia Sophia led me to Stella & Dot. A friend of a friend sells LS and invited me to a party. She told me all about how she made good money selling LS and that I should consider something similar as I had expressed an interest in doing something part-time while staying home with our daughter.

I had fun at the LS party, but there was so much going on... games, question & answer sessions and all of that before we even got to the jewelry. The jewelry was nice, but just not my style. I ordered one necklace thatI have yet to wear. A day later I found myself scouring the internet for other jewelry companies to investigate and that's when I found S&D. When I laid eyes on the jewelry I knew it was for me. I signed up within a few days. I love that there are no gimmicks, no games... just jewels and simple food & drinks. It's a fun, short 90 minute party and to me as a busy stay-at-home mom (and floral designer) that was important to me. My time is precious with so much going on and a busy family. I love it!

With all that said, I think you have to make the decision that is right for you. To me, S&D was the perfect fit style-wise and party-wise, but the ground floor opportunity is amazing as well. To me, that sealed the deal!

jan8022
02-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to give me your thoughts everyone. I'm still waiting to hear from S&D corporate, but have spoken to an LS rep several times and am meeting her to see the jewelry and discuss further. I put out an email to my friends/family to see which jewelry they like best. It will be interesting to get their feedback. Considering that the only feedback I've gotten from S&D is from this board and I'm still that interested in the opportunity does say something to me. I will keep everyone posted!!!

lani7
03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Just my 2cents as far as what is going on in a party. I think you can run the party any way you want whatever company, I don't think they tell you but suggest games, otherwise if you don't want to have games, i don't think you have to. I know Silpada and cookie lee also does not have games but can if they want.