WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Sutherland Hiring

mebb
01-25-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif
<H4>Customer Support | Apply Now (http://recruit.suth.com/) | Click to learn more (javascript:void%280%29)</H4>

Sutherland currently has opportunities for employment in our Sutherland@Home customer support unit providing customer services in both inbound and outbound contact center environments. In these positions, you will be responsible for answering questions regarding our clients’ products and services in a customer-support oriented, team environment.
<DIV id=CSid style="DISPLAY: none">

Description:
Professionally champion the message of the client while representing Sutherland. Deliver desired results in the highest quality manner with a strong attention to detail. Actively contribute to achieve stated goals and objectives. Ability to adhere to Client's and Sutherland’s policies and procedures • Able to use client telephony systems • Ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written business communication • Associate’s degree or equivalent experience • 1 + years successful customer service or sales/lead generation experience • Strong analytical, organizational, and customer management skills • Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multitask, and prioritize • Strong time management skills

In addition, in order to be considered for a work from home position with Sutherland@Home, there are some technical requirements your computer must have to run our software and connect to the Sutherland network:
<UL>
<LI>Pentium 4 process or equivalent
<LI>2 GHz or faster processor
<LI>2 GB of RAM
<LI>20 GB of available hard drive space
<LI>Soundcard
<LI>DVD player drive
<LI>Broadband internet access through cable or high-speed DSL
<LI>A dedicated work space from which to work </LI>[/list]

If your computer meets the minimum requirements above, follow the link below to apply! Once you click to apply, you will complete Sutherland Global Services employment application. Once you have completed the employment application, be sure to watch your e-mail. Within a few minutes, you should receive an e-mail response to your application acknowledging receipt and further instructions for continuing assessment portion of the hiring process. It is imperative you are on the computer you plan to work from at this time!
http://www.sutherlandathome.com/images/butApplyNow.gif (http://recruit.suth.com/)

TLLO
01-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Thank YOU mebb. This is just what I was looking for. I am currently working for a company as a customer service rep.

spellweaver16
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Is anyone having issues with the application? I'm on the very last page to esign and I CANNOT get the date to work! I can't type it in, but the calendar isn't working either. I'd hate to have to start over after filling everything insmileys/smiley5.gif

MomnSC
01-27-2009, 07:15 AM
I am having the SAME issue. What should we do :(

charbella
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for posting this one. I remember having issues with the application online but I was able to apply for the position two days ago. At first the software didn't allow you to enter calendar dates but it should be working. I'm assuming they fixed the system. If I were you guys I would try it again and see if it lets you enter the information. The calendar icon should be there too for you to select your dates of employment. I don't think it allows you to manually enter them.

If this doesn't help than maybe there is someone on here that is already employed with the company and can pass on the technical difficulties of their website.

Good luck to everyone.

princess26
02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
I keep trying to apply but the calender on the very last page to submit never works.
Has anyone else tried recently?
I also sent an email to the Rochester location in regards to the application issue but I still haven't heard and that was over a week ago smileys/smiley19.gif

I guess I will just keep trying.

Best of luck to everyone

panda&reese
02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
You have to use Internet Explorer as your browser to complete the last page. I had the same problem. I have completed all my paperwork so now I guess I hurry up and wait to see if I get hired.

FFA-girl
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
I was able to get it to work through Internet Explorer. Good luck to you panda!

princess26
02-04-2009, 06:55 PM
OH!!!! Internet Explorer.....I was using Fire Fox, I was wondering if that might be the reason but I saw that others had had trouble too so I figured it had something to do with the page itself since it's only the last page.
I will try applying again using Explorer.

Thank you so much for the info.

hsmom
02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
What is the pay rate for this position?

panda&reese
02-05-2009, 03:41 AM
No sure the rate check on workplace like home they have a Sutherland folder. Also I thought we got paid for training, but it looks like not. I'm not keen on that. Does anyone know for sure?

crbloom09
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I read something on WPLH folder and it said they do pay for training, but I do not know how accurate that is.

anewnam
02-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I got an email today to set up an interview. They said they are interviewing for the next 3 weeks for a job thats starting in March, so the waiting list isnt that bad, I applied the beginning of January

panda&reese
02-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Me too anewnam! Good luck.

crbloom09
02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I applied last Monday and I got an email today also for interview and training starting in March.

anewnam
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Yay! GOOD LUCK to everyone

building2gether
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Just filled out the application and attached my resume.Crossing fingers and toes on this one! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

Good luck all and thank you for posting the link. I had heard of Sutherland, but didn't know how to find them.

princess26
02-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I got an email today for a phone interview smileys/smiley32.gif

I am excited. I hear that they are a great company.

msradar65
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
I got hired and will be starting training this month!! Just waiting for all my paperwork to process. Whoo hoo.smileys/smiley20.gif

mrspotts45
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Thats great. Any idea as to what you will be doing? Hows the pay?

msradar65
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Customer service and billing for a major residential telephone provider. $8.50 hr plus $1.50 for each tt hour.

charbella
02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
That is great. Congratulations to everyone that has an interview. So far I haven't receieved a response and I applied in January but maybe it's because they are only hiring full time reps. I think I applied for part time evening and weekends.

princess26
02-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I had my interview earlier this week and my welcome pckt. I will be mailing that out today and start training on March 9th smileys/smiley32.gif . I am sooooooo excited.....can't wait.
Good Luck to everyone

MSRED
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I had my interview have to pass because I cannot work that Monday hrs they want us to be available.smileys/smiley6.gif I am available other than that time frame.

missy H
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I got an email last week asking me to put down the days and time of day I will be availble for an interview and I still haven't heard anything back from them.I sent them emails, but still no response.Congratulationsto all the people who got hired,and also what are their schedule's like.

missy H
02-19-2009, 07:09 PM
well I finally received my phone interview today.I was offered a position and I accepted.the pay is 8.50 an hour and I start training on march 9.the interview questions was very simple questions andnot hard at all(at least not to me.I had a pretty simple interviewer,very nice person) so Ihope they will soon contact everyone else who had been waithing for a response from them.

kiharr
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I received an e-mail to take the customer service assessment but the page does not load correctly. Has anyone else had this problem?

missy H
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
to kiharr I had some problems with some of their assessment pages,and I just called them and told them that there pages had errors,and one of there tech's help me out.

vagirl76
02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I just apllied. I hope its not too late. Does anyone know if they are still interviewing?

spellweaver16
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Vagirl, I just applied and did the assessments last night and I got an email today stating that I'll be called to discuss the position. I say go for it! Just be sure you use Internet Explorer :)

CALDENISE
02-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Msred,
Don't feelbad, same thing happen with me. I was offered the job also but had to turn it down due to scheduling. Good Luck and I know we will find another one. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

anewnam
02-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Could someone PLEASE pm me with the lady's email that does the hiring for Sutherland. She left me a voicemail and I deleted it because I was employed with Convergys at the time doing the digital switch. Now the FCC has dropped everyone from Convergys from the project and I'm out of a job. I know her last namesounded like Mishler...along the lines of that. Thanks so much!

teshorr
02-20-2009, 10:42 PM
kiharr, what browser are you using? I had that problem using Firefox, and tried again with IE, and it worked wonderfully!

missy H
02-21-2009, 07:48 AM
do anyone know what they said their schedule's would be like?Also for everyone who got hired,how long did it take for them to send you the paperwork?Edited by: missy H

efan1012
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Does Sutherland have a noncompete? Thanks!

kiharr
02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I am using IE. I was able to open it on 2 other computers but not the one I plan to use for work. I did the assessment on one of the other computers and then the computer test on the work computer. Did you all have to take the computer assessment? I probably missed over half but that was not whatI was applying for. ThinkI did well on the CS assesment. Will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the response!

vagirl76
02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Vagirl, I just applied and did the assessments last night and I got an email today stating that I'll be called to discuss the position. I say go for it! Just be sure you use Internet Explorer :)

Ok thank You. Im going to apply now

missy H
02-22-2009, 02:56 PM
do anyone know what there schedule is like and is anyone on the att program?(can I have a example of what they said their schedule will be like)

DeannaNC
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
All I know is that we do a self paced training until April 6th and then 11am-8pm will be their hours and you have to work a full day monday and then some on saturday.. i think they just give you a shift! The problem I have is that I can only work like 11am-2pm, so I bet I wont be lasting after training, but you just dont know your schedule this far in advance so you have to take a chance.. The guy I talked to said that they may open at 9am.. but its a new account and they are starting 11am-8pm for some reason.

missy H
02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
i can only work from 11am-4 pm and i can work the full day on monday's,It just can't be after 4 pm.also is anyone on the att program? I am on that one and I was trying to see was it sales or just customer service

JLN
12-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Howdy,

For those that still work there at Sutherland?
Are they still hiring, what is the environment like, are they felixable with schedules?