WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

JackieUlmer
10-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Many people think that getting started and getting one's business off the ground is the toughest phase, but I don't think so.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The tougher time comes when "the honeymoon phase" is over and a certain level of success has been achieved.

I often see it when someone cracks the $1000 a month income level. There is a tendency to back off on focus. I don't think anyone means to do it, but so many distributors at this point want to fall into "management mode."

The focus goes off of one's own recruiting, training and duplication, and they turn around and look back, waiting for those in the organization to get busy and catch up.

This is business suicide.

Leaders will show up in their own time and from their own inner motivation. Be there as a good trainer and support system, and show them what to do and let them see you in action.

But beyond that, we don't control the actions of those on our team. Stopping our own momentum to see what others is going to do only slows the whole system down.

Always keep recruiting, training and duplicating. Have time in your business plan every day for working your own contacts and filing that pipeline.

Have time also to assist your team, but never let go of your own recruiting plan.

It may be tough getting started when it seems like more money and time is being spent than can ever be returned. But even tougher is getting to the base of the first peak, and looking up at the mountain that still looms ahead.

Take a quick breath and a sip of water; eat a power bar and then forge on ahead and up the mountain! You WILL reach the top!

AvParties4u
10-02-2008, 08:49 AM
I agree..
Great Post Jackie.. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

Teresa