WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Cancun?

JessicaByers
09-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey everybody,

Is anybody here specializing in Cancun?

If so i wonder if you can help me, I have never booked anybody in Cancun and i have a group of 10-15 people who are going to Cancun in December, can you recommend a good all-inclusive resort there? thanks

~Jessica

FunDestinations
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Jessica-
Cancun has A LOT of all inclusives. You're going to have to qualify your client --find out what their budget is --do they want something moderate? ritzy? oceanfront? If they want oceanfront, be sure the resort is oceanfront & not facing the lagoon. I would recommend a RIU or a Palace resort .....also upsell them into pre-booking an excursion to Xcaret --they will love you for it and bump up your commission :)

Good luck!

JessicaByers
09-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks Troy,

I have asked allot of questions that i will get the answers to tomorrow to make it easier but i wanted to start looking anyway and you are sooo right there are ALOT of all inclusive and most of them all look wonderful...lol.

May i ask what is Xcaret and RIU? Sorry that i don't know what this is...lol.

~Jessica

FunDestinations
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
RIU is a brand/chain of all inclusives

Palace resorts (Sun Palace, Cancun Palace, Moon Palace)are great b/c they have exchangeprivileges with other Palace resorts in the area PLUS they have free unlimited tours to select attractions via their Passport Promotion.

....and Xcaret......it's a natural ecological waterpark and is a must DO!!! :)
www.Xcaret.com (http://www.Xcaret.com)

Edited by: FunDestinations

JessicaByers
09-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks Troy for the explanation, appreciate it.

~Jessica

bruceinvt
09-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Am I mistaken, or doesn't Traverus offer destination training? I know quite a bit about Cancun. Would you consider a commission split?

FunDestinations
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
a commission split!??? http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley3.gif

Are you implying her to give you a split just for you helping?!!
what's wrong with just helping someone?

Iknow a lot about Cuncun --Iam a Certifed Cancun Counsoller and send a lot of clients there.Edited by: FunDestinations

bruceinvt
09-26-2008, 06:15 AM
That would depend on how much 'help' you give another agent. You are a Cancun expert. If you were to advise on which property, what area,etc than your expertise is valuable and deserves renumeration. Professionals get paid. Even if it were only 10.00pp it would be worth it to ensure the group has the best experience possble.You provide a service. For letting someone know what a RIU is, and that's all, then no, probably no payment.
I recently did a rather complicated trip toIndia. I'm not very knowledgable about that particular destination so I called a friend at another agency who helped me alot. I gave her 100.00 and it was worth every penny.

FunDestinations
09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
I agree with you to a certain extent; there was no way I could recommend a particular resort due to the fact I know nothing about the clients, I just gave her a couple of brandsthat I recommend, giving her astarting point.

bruceinvt
09-26-2008, 11:10 AM
I think it's excellent that you did so. But,I do wonder why the question was not asked of her colleagues in the Traverus forum.

JessicaByers
09-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Sorry i asked it heresmileys/smiley19.gif but thanks Troy for your help that i have got from you whenever i asked you something.smileys/smiley20.gif

~Jessica

bruceinvt
09-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Titi - this is the TTA forum. You have access to all the info you need, I am told, from Traverus. You upline also can assist you with any destination info you need to keep your customers happy. I hear this constantly. Is this not true?

FunDestinations
09-27-2008, 09:18 AM
bruceinvt
Aren't you w/ YTB?

JessicaByers
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Titi - this is the TTA forum. You have access to all the info you need, I am told, from Traverus. You upline also can assist you with any destination info you need to keep your customers happy. I hear this constantly. Is this not true?

I'm not sure if you are talking to me but my name is not Titi.

~Jessica

JessicaByers
09-27-2008, 01:57 PM
bruceinvt
Aren't you w/ YTB?

From what i have read on their forum, he is.

~Jessica

bruceinvt
09-29-2008, 07:18 AM
SorryJessica for getting that wrong. I have an active REP site with YTB. Mostly for the info, altho there isn't a lot. I am not an RTA.Things may change in the future.....

I have a storefront and have been in travel management, and a front line agent,for 20 years.

JessicaByers
09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
SorryJessica for getting that wrong. I have an active REP site with YTB. Mostly for the info, altho there isn't a lot. I am not an RTA.Things may change in the future.....

I have a storefront and have been in travel management, and a front line agent,for 20 years.

That's ok Bruce smileys/smiley2.gif

~Jessica

FunDestinations
09-29-2008, 10:28 AM
<a href="http://cti.coursehost.com/Groups/Config/Home10.asp?LID=1&amp;ky=d_BPDiQVRgHzDiPRUmf_DgHzHLvOJK jz" target="_blank">

http://cti.coursehost.com/Groups/Config/Home10.asp?LID=1&amp;ky=d_BPDiQVRgHzDiPRUmf_DgHzHLvOJK jz</A>

Jessica, I tried to PM --but it said that you reached your max.
The info you wanted is the link above

JessicaByers
09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Awesome, thanks Troy, smileys/smiley10.gif

i need to take some time and clear out my pm box...smileys/smiley36.gif

~Jessica

TravelTemptress
09-29-2008, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=tjtj1417]Hey everybody,

Is anybody here specializing in Cancun?

If so i wonder if you can help me, I have never booked anybody in Cancun and i have a group of 10-15 people who are going to Cancun in December, can you recommend a good all-inclusive resort there? thanks

~Jessica

Oh, I love the Principesa Condoleeza located right on the beach in Mayul Chetchal just south of Cancun. They love groups and offer free rooms for every third room booked. Plus they pay 25% commission and will also pay on any incidentals purchased at the resort. I was there last month and LOVED it. Great service, all the rooms look out over the ocean and the pool is amazing. Call your TO and they will know all about it.

JessicaByers
09-29-2008, 11:50 AM
TravelTemptress, thank you for your input, sounds awesome, will check it out. This group will be around 10 rooms i will book.

~Jessica

FunDestinations
09-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I can tell you that most to's probably will have no clue as to what you're talking about

bruceinvt
09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Is this the property Apple just gave 5 to? TT - aren't some of the benes you mentioned only available to consortium bookings?

I've got to get back there - so much has changed.

Edited by: bruceinvt

FunDestinations
09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
bruce-
The reason why no to's would know about this place is because it doesn't exist.

bruceinvt
09-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Guess I don't know as much as I thought I did. Hotels change their names/owners so often in Cancun.

In any case - consortiums DO offer more than the standard commissions and upgrades. It's worth looking into joining one.