WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : So Scared (tmi-sorry!)

cybermommy
09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,
I had a positive pregnancy test last weekend and am over the moon.
I suffer from really irregular periods due to eptopic pregnancy 3 years ago.
So I wasn't concerned that my period hadn't arrived.
But I started having nausea,extreme tiredness and full boobs though not that sore.

Yesterday I was taken to A+E because I had trouble breathing and after loads of tests for that they decided to send me up for an ultrasound.
As I can't be certain of my ovulation date (I can have anything from 31-45 day cycle)I wasn't giving the OB much to go on.
He saw the gestational sac but as yet nothing in there.
He did say I could be a week or two behing my guesses and my periods could be because of that.
He did say he saw no signs of an eptopic and I have had no pains.

So if I am 5-6 weeks is this normal?I have spent last night in tears and can't concentrate on anything else.
I still feel sick and so tired.
I also had some very light brown spotting last night when I went to the bathroom-could this be due to the vaginal U/S I had?
No pain and not a lot,only when I wipe myself a tiny bit.

I have to go back to hopsital tomorrow for my levels to be checked.
I think they ae monitoring me because of my previous eptopic.

Ijust wondered if anyone had any ideas or input?
I go back for a U/S in 2 weeks because he said itmay have been too early to show anything else yet.
I am praying its ok.

Thanks for reading my ramblings
smileys/smiley9.gif

lilmisssunshine
09-02-2008, 01:22 PM
**hugs**

I don't know much about this, so I can't be particularly helpful. But I do know that you can have a little bit of bleeding from a vaginal exam. I wouldn't worry too much about that as long as it's just a little bit.

I hope everything works out well!

Love,
Shannon

cybermommy
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Thankyou Shannon smileys/smiley31.gif
I am doing my best to stay positive and hope its all well.
I have had a miscarriage before and that was very different,lots of pain and never really had pregnancy symptons.

Thanks for your reply :-)

LassodMoon
09-04-2008, 07:10 AM
That sounds normal for 5-6 weeks- I hope it all works out for you! The waiting is such a killer. Plus the brown spotting could be implantation, especially if it didn't last long.

cybermommy
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
**********Update!***************

Great news.
They kept me in hospital a couple of days just to be sure it wasn't eptopic .
I had another scan this morning and they could see baby!!
I am so so relieved.
Thanks all for listening!

Heather610
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Congrats its in the right place! I suffered from 2 ectopic pregnancies and know how scary it can be;)
Heather

cybermommy
09-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Congrats its in the right place! I suffered from 2 ectopic pregnancies and know how scary it can be;)
*Heather

Thanks Heather smileys/smiley1.gif
Yes it is very scary.
I am sorry,2 eptopics,its such a hard hard thing to go through.
I had almost convince myself it was happening again,I didnt even dare look at the U/S .

Thankyou smileys/smiley1.gif

kalmond
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Awe sweetie I am so happy for you! As you read the post and at first are worried then as you read on you get more and more excited that takes a toll on my hormonal, *****y pregnant self!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

I am so glad that your ok and that the baby is doing good! Congrats and keep us updated!

cybermommy
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Aww thanks Kelley !!
My hormones have kicked in already in style,hubby says he will just agree with me for the next 7 or so months smileys/smiley36.gif

And you take care too!
Not long now until the big day!

kalmond
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you, I am so excited! And so very tired! They hopefully will induce me at 36wks. due to chronic high blood pressure like they did with my last two. I have really big babies and at 36wks. they are 8lbs. so just imagine if I went full term they would all be like my second child, my son who was a born at 41wks and 10 lbs. ! Ouch!!

cybermommy
09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Thank you, I am so excited! And so very tired! They hopefully will induce me at 36wks. due to chronic high blood pressure like they did with my last two. I have really big babies and at 36wks. they are 8lbs. so just imagine if I went full term they would all be like my second child, my son who was a born at 41wks and 10 lbs. ! Ouch!!

Ouch indeed! smileys/smiley3.gif
I am wincing reading that! smileys/smiley36.gif Edited by: cybermommy