WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Sooo pissed

TiffanyM
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
So this lady on Craigslist not only "took" my daycare name but stole wording from my website verbatim just inserting her own personal information in place of mine!!!! My website is not copyrighted so it isn't "protected" but how very unprofessional to copy another providers website WORD FOR WORD.

Here is the home page of my website (http://www.growingwithgiggles.com/) and here is the text from her ad (http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/biz/801953670.html) on Craigslist....if you look at my "About Growing with Giggles Daycare", "My Philosophy" and "About Me & My Family" they are almost identical!!!

I sent her an email asking her to edit the ad promptly and expressed how I felt personally violated. I've also taken screenshots of the posts and will report the forgery to Craigslist if the ad isn't changed.

P.S Tina, if you are poster here I'm very disappointed. smileys/smiley13.gif I've posted my website here multiple times sharing information in an attempt to help others but I will be much more guarded in the future after this incident.

Edited by: TiffanyM

ameraumi
08-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh Tiffany I am so sorry someone did that to you! You have helped so many of us (me included) and I cannot imagine someone doing that.

garnetgirl
08-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Wow. That is just rhude, disrespectful and unprofessional. I would be very upset as well. Is she in your area? She had to know you would see it. I know I'm always checking out the competition.

TiffanyM
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the sympathy ladies, I was really upset about it.

"Tina" edited it once omitting the Growing with Giggles name and finally removed her ad from Craigslist after I contacted her a second time telling her it was plagiarism to steal my description, philosophy, and my bio and she need to remove it immediately. The ad is gone from the Baton Rouge Craigslist but for whatever reason the links I posted still work...I've confirmed it was deleted though.

She is no where near me, 100's of miles away in fact. I was alerted to the copycat by the Copyspace (http://www.copyscape.com/) website I use that screens the web for plagiarism. The name thing wasn't a huge deal to me, I've actually been surprised to not see my daycare name pop up anywhere over the last 3 years since I chose it. It was the fact that someone would take my bio...my life...and copy it along with info about my daycare. UGH!!!

I've looked into some copyright laws and have found that for $30 you can register a copyright for your website. My website is now protected and I can take legal action if it happens again if the person isn't as cooperative.

tbtsmiller
08-21-2008, 02:03 PM
WOW... I can't belive it. You helped me get my website set up and belive me there's no reason a person has to plagiaris someone elses site unless they're hiding something.

Could you PM me with where you got the copyright for your website. I'd like to get mine protected too!

southernbg
08-22-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi Tiffany,

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I can't believe she didnt think you would find out. I am glad ,however, she deleted the ad she had up on Craigslist.

Would you also mind PM me the information about copyright. I would like to protect my site as well.

In gratitude,

Natalie

Danniet
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
OMG, that's just awful. I'm sorry she did that to you.

1prnz&1princess
08-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Someone did this exact same thing to me with my craigslist ad! I posted a reply telling them how I felt about what they had done and several people replied agreeing with me. I know that made them feel embarrassed and a couple of days later she was back with her dry, hum drum ad.

If you can't be creative enough to write your own ads then you probably should not be running a daycare!

msterra29
08-27-2008, 10:31 AM
I am just browsing...but Good Lord...that is awful! She really did use your info and used it as her own that scares me! I am glad you got it taken care of and wish you the very best in years to come.