WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

rochellereavis
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I hope someone can give a range of what to charge to watch a 21 month old boy 3 days a week from 11 to 5:30. The going rate for full time care around here is about $120 for a home daycare. Should I just charge half that then? It would only be 20 hours a week I know some people charge more for part time care, but I don't want to ask for too much and have her look elsewhere. I was thinking around $60 per week. Thanks! Edited by: rochellereavis

Danniet
07-27-2008, 01:08 PM
You can always call some providers in your area and get an idea of what they charge. I charge a little more then half of my fulltime rate for parttime. ex: My FT rate for that age is $150 and PT is $90 that's 3 days or less no matter how many hours a day.

TiffanyM
07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I would charge a slightly higher rate for the convenience of the part time hours. One thing you have to remember about part timers is it is harder for them to get into the routine and often take longer to adjust. I've cared for children part time in the past and there have been a few that take literally months to get adjusted, learn the rules and expectations, be comfortable enough to take good naps, etc, etc, etc. I could go on and on. I personally would set a higher rate because of these factors. IMHO part timers (especially young ones) can potentially be a lot of extra work.

Jenci4
08-02-2008, 11:45 AM
I always give the parents a choice between my weekly rate (so if they do need an extra day for some reason they won't have to pay more) or a daily rate of $20.00 when they sign the contract. For chicldren who only attend 2 or 3 days a week I recommend the daily rate, which is about 5 bucks less then a drop in daycare in my town.