WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Mystery Hostess Parties

nikki_homemaker
07-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Ladies! I need some fresh ideas for a mystery hostess show!

I am really looking to build my business in this area, so I would really like a great turn out!

Any ideas how to get more people there? How you determine who wins? Extra incentives?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

LorettaA
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
You could use raffle tickets and give them a predetermined number of tickets for various things - RSVP, brought a friend, ordered over $50, booked a party, etc. The more tickets they have the better chance they have of winning.Then you just draw from the tickets at the end of the party to see who wins. You can usually get the tickets at a party store.

sara31
07-06-2008, 06:20 PM
LORETTA! Thanks for the ideas! I have done a one day sale but via phone and email....I enter everyone in for a chance to win and break the hostess rewards down by half price items, free items, hostess incentive for the month, etc. I LOVE the idea of tickets and earning more chances...will have to give it a try.

psbp
07-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I use raffle tickets as well. Guests can earn them in all kinds of ways - give them 3 for RSVP's, give them 5 for bringing a friend, 20 for booking their own party, etc. I also usually split up the host rewards so I can have more than 1 mystery hostess - 1 gets the free items, 1 gets the 1/2 price items and 1 gets the credits for any party bookings. I love Mystery hostess parties - they're a great way to boost your bookings!
Have fun!!
http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley10.gifPatti

cjsmama
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Here is my template :)

Mystery Hostess

Come, enjoy a fun night out and help me jumpstart my new business!

Want to earn tickets to win ALL the amazing hostess benefits from my very first show?

(Of course you do!)

Hereís how.....

Earn

1 ticket for your RSVP by ___

1 ticket for arriving on time

3 tickets for bring a friend

4 tickets for each additional friend

2 tickets for bringing a snack to share

5 tickets for booking a show

* I will hold a drawing at the end of the show and announce the winner of all the goodies*

I canít wait to see you there!!

shoppingmamma
07-09-2008, 06:28 AM
I use the ticket system too!

You can tailor it to your focus and needs! Meaning if sales are your focus give lots of tickets for orders, bringing orders, placing an outside order, etc. If bookings are your focus give more for that OR if meeting new people give LOTS for bringing people you don't know!!!

GOOD LUCK!

tk54302
07-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Great ideas! Now you've got me thinking....http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

tuppermom
07-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I use the tickets as well. I also have goody bags in a Tupperware bowl that have my "Hot Dates" for them to choose from. These are dates in my calendar that I want filled within the next 2 - 3 weeks. Based on how soon the date is decides the value of it.

I also take a flyer to my neighbors, do an evite to friends and family and then invite past customers, hosts, etc that can't do a party for themselves or are contrained some other way and want to come to a party.

Also, offer a ticket for outside orders. This can bring $$$ in before the party even begins. Do you have a sales flyer that you can send out as the invite? I use ours and then if not a lot of people showed or people couldn't make it, I can follow up with them the next day and take an order over the phone.

This kind of party is a great way to get your business going or just to offer each month for those who love the party but don't love to host.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif