WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Checking Account

blair
06-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Do you have adifferent checking account for Daycare ?

sheshamom
06-23-2008, 07:40 PM
I never did but my neighbor who also did home daycare has a seperate checking account. She said that she got it because if the IRS wants to check up or questions her income then it only locks up the "daycare" account. If she were to put all deposits in the joint checking then troubles could be had with that....and that account is the BIG one.

Danniet
06-24-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't have a seperate one but I AM getting one. I have had two bad checks from DC parents in the last few months and it seriously screws with my personal things like mortgage payments and utilities. It is just me being a procrastinator as always but it is on the top of my list now.

southernbg
08-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Hi Blair,

I have a separate account for my business. It is just so much easier for me this way. I originally started out with Wamu but have recently moved my business to my local credit union.

Hope that helps!

Natalie