WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Quicktate...Feedback???

AGENT4U
06-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Just got on with this company...Any feedbackabout this company??? The Good and the Bad.

Just Curious http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

malcido
06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
I've just started with them also; two weeks now I guess. The work is not steady, but is very easy and fun; I do quicktate, chacha, and mturk all at the same time to maximize ;)

mbillings
06-06-2008, 05:04 PM
I've never heard of this company. What is Quicktate? What type of work do they do?

TabethaC
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes, I would like to know as well. And mturk too.

MTHome
06-06-2008, 06:06 PM
My sister did Quicktate for a couple of weeks, said it was fun but no real money in it. I don't think she ever got up to the minimum$15, or whateverthe amountis, to get paid.

razz
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
http://mturk.com

is amazon owned site in which they pay you to do task, many of the tasks pay pennies, but they do add up. I have been doing the ones where they were looking for someone to put a video on your blog, I put it on my blog an was paid, its easy money and thats the only part I do, thats why I love having a blog (s)

there are many transcribing stuff to do there as well

I use the "pennies" that I make towards my amazon gc account, you can do that or have the money transfered to your bank account

It is literally called the internet sweat shop because these regular tasks would cost more but it doesnt, and you would be suprised what people will do for the amount of money

LadyMia
06-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi AGENT4U,

I work for Quicktate and love it. I've been working for them about 2 mos. now, and I've gotten paid 3 xs.

I average around $30, ea. pay period. The thing with Quicktate is the more you work it, you can become eligible to work for iDictate, which is their other transcribing company. iDictate pays more for longer transcription files, that you would need a foot pedal and Escribe software to type.

I suggest signing onto Quicktate, whenever you can. It varies how often the offers come in. Also, I'm on the east coast, and it seems most of the calls come in from the west coast. So, you would need to be on around west coast business hours, say 9 to 5pm. I have been able to get a lot of calls between 12 midnight, & 3 am, from my time zone, which would be 9 to 12 PST (west coast). The company is a great company to work for, and they pay usually by the 10th and the 25th of each month into your PayPal acct, or you can have a check sent. I just got paid yesterday, from both iDictate & Quicktate.

HTH - have a good weekend

furrville2
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I did work with idicate for a couple of weeks. I got paid 15.00 for 5 items I transcribed. Not very good money. Easy work, but pay is not good.

I had to ask for my pay as well. They pay by paypal which I liked, but I had to email to get paid.....

Quicktate is easy and fast but work is slow.

Shywinter
06-08-2008, 08:45 PM
How do you get a job at quicktate?

LadyMia
06-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Shywinter you can apply to Quicktate here at this link:

http://typists.quicktate.com/transcribers/signup (http://typists.quicktate.com/transcribers/signup)

Wishing you success at getting on with them.

ETA - to fix link.Edited by: LadyM12

stormy2500
06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I applied. Keeping my fingers crossed.smileys/smiley4.gif

Shywinter
06-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Who do you put for references? Do they contact these people?

tpagoota
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I am applying for this company and they are asking for 2 references.
Does anyone know if they can be personal or do they have to be like a
former boss?

Thanks!

ChaChaChick
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I've been out of the corporate world for 7 years now and have no professional references, so I just put personal references such as friends. I guess I'll find out.....smileys/smiley17.gif

Shywinter
06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I applied, hope I get in.

TrulyBlessed
06-14-2008, 06:22 AM
I applied last night and used friends as references.

desperatehswife
06-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Question - why do some transcriptions repeat? and is there a way to check how much you've earned?

malcido
06-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I am not sure about repeating transcriptions as I haven't experienced that, but I did ask about a place to check earnings and the answer is no.

babygurl
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
as far as idictate what type of income are you guys generating weekly and how much work? I got accepted for idictate.Edited by: babygurl

tpagoota
06-15-2008, 02:31 PM
as far as idictate what type of income are you guys generating weekly and how much work? I got accepted for idictate.

how long did you work for quicktate b4 you got asked to join with idictate?

Thanks

rhoshoun
06-15-2008, 02:34 PM
I applied and then I recevied a email saying Qucktate comformation - waitlist and it said your Quicktate typist account has been set up, your status is currently "standby" My question is has anyone else gotten this email and if so how long were you on standby before working?
<h1 id="message_view_subject">
</h1>

TrulyBlessed
06-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I got the same email yesterday.

babygurl
06-15-2008, 03:27 PM
i worked for quick ONE DAY.. and got an invite to idictate hah dunno guys

desperatehswife
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
How many hours did you put in on that first day?

tpagoota
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
How to I get back to the page where you put in the references? I never did that?

Thanks

blessedbizness
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Where do we go to see how many total words we have so far quick?

desperatehswife
06-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't think there is anyway to know - maybe we should keep a log.

wahm of 4
08-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Thank you all for posting & being honest!

wahm of 4
08-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I just went from being a junior member to member! lol here on this forum... I have sent enough posts to be considered a member now! LOL Cool!

bcsellew
08-17-2009, 08:42 AM
babygurl,
I'm hoping to be invited to join iDictate, but I thought I read somewhere that you had to have at least 6 months transcription experience and so far I only have one, with Quicktate. Just wanted to verify that.

TIA,
Bobby

sms46030
08-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Can someone help. I applied to Quicktate but did not fill in typing speed. Do you have to pay for a certificate from that Learn2type website to qualify for Quicktate or do you go on that website just to see how your speed is? Should I reapply. I haven't gotten an email yet. Is there anyway to check my application status?

khakigirl
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM
You don't pay to get the certification. The $20 is only if you want a certificate to put up on the wall (not sure why anyone would want that, though). You just take 5 typing tests and you get a certification (average of all your WPM scores).

sms46030
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
You don't pay to get the certification. The $20 is only if you want a certificate to put up on the wall (not sure why anyone would want that, though). You just take 5 typing tests and you get a certification (average of all your WPM scores).

Thanks khakigirl for your quick response. I did the testing and was showed my average. So all I do now is put that on my sign in app for Quicktate? Do you think it will be OK for me to submit another corrected app?

raventally
09-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I applied about 3 weeks ago to quicktate and have not recieved a response. I was thinking about getting a referral and I have forgotten my sign in name so I went to quicktate typist log in website and it says there is no account with my email address I know that email address is the one I used. So I was wondering should I apply again or do they don't have me on file because I am not hired or even on a waiting list yet. Also, I have never transcribed before so don't know what is exactly involved so I did my best on their tests but if anyone has tips please let me know, thanks!

khakigirl
09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I applied about 3 weeks ago to quicktate and have not recieved a response. I was thinking about getting a referral and I have forgotten my sign in name so I went to quicktate typist log in website and it says there is no account with my email address I know that email address is the one I used. So I was wondering should I apply again or do they don't have me on file because I am not hired or even on a waiting list yet. Also, I have never transcribed before so don't know what is exactly involved so I did my best on their tests but if anyone has tips please let me know, thanks!

I would like to know this as well. I applied about 6 weeks ago and I haven't received ANY contact from them. I didn't get a chance to take a test or anything. I guess they just don't want to hire me if they're contacting other people but not me. How fast do you type? I did the certification test on the typing test site (the one you're supposed to do before you submit your application) and I got 63wpm. Maybe that's not fast enough? Or too fast?

Dugsmom
09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
I applied at least 3-4 months ago and never heard a thing. Then, not so long ago, someone on this board offered to refer anyone who was interested. Of course I jumped at the chance. I thought this person could get me in...that's what she made it seem like. Anyway, I later found out by other quicktaters that she was misleading us. I guess she was earning points (or money?? I don't remember) for the number of referrals she submitted and I just happened to be one of her suckers. So be careful. I wouldn't have minded if she had been upfront. I would have gladly given her my info to help her but I hate being tricked.
Good Luck! I hope you hear from Quicktate soon.

Jessica

jhall
09-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I have worked for them for about 2 or 3 months I only log on when I have nothing else to make money at. The pay is not the greatest but it is something, the faster you are the more you can make. The best thing for me is that I can work at my own pace, when and for however long I want and if I have interuptions it is no big thing. I have little ones at home so that is best for me for now. It is a nice little egg but I would not want to rely on it for a main source of income (just my opinion) as some days there is more work than others.

Dixey
09-05-2009, 07:44 PM
I would like to know this as well. I applied about 6 weeks ago and I haven't received ANY contact from them. I didn't get a chance to take a test or anything. I guess they just don't want to hire me if they're contacting other people but not me. How fast do you type? I did the certification test on the typing test site (the one you're supposed to do before you submit your application) and I got 63wpm. Maybe that's not fast enough? Or too fast?

Not being able to log in has to do with your account hasn't been "activated" yet.

As far as hearing from them....I saw in the Quicktate forum that some people waited months to hear anything. It seems they take their time and just call on people when they need them, and b/c so many people apply they have quite the list.

I haven't heard anything either.....it's a waiting game.

khakigirl
09-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Not being able to log in has to do with your account hasn't been "activated" yet.
I was guessing that. I think the person I was replying to was talking about logging in to complete tests. Not sure, though.

As far as hearing from them....I saw in the Quicktate forum that some people waited months to hear anything. It seems they take their time and just call on people when they need them, and b/c so many people apply they have quite the list.

I haven't heard anything either.....it's a waiting game.

I've seen that too. What is making me mad is that people ARE hearing back that they are on the waiting list. I, on the other hand, have not heard anything. I'm also upset that people that applied AFTER me are getting in to take tests and again, I haven't even been contacted at all.

Nera_caligula
09-05-2009, 10:57 PM
khakigirl--I started with QT in February 2009 and iDictate in April. I applied in September/October of 2008 and never heard a thing! I reapplied in late November/early and December and heard back at the end of January. I think they like WPMs at least in the 40s so yours is great. I don't know what exactly I'm getting at...Except maybe sometimes applications get lost in cyber space lol. Mine sure was...Anyways, they are a great company to work for; no pressure whatsoever. Best of luck!

Sadie1Lady
09-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I applied back in the middle of May and didn't get activated until September 4th. I didn't get the first email from them until August. I heard from a friend that they were slammed with referrals and they have also been changing their system over. Just be patient and you can always send an email to support@quicktate.com to try to get a status on your app.

HTH

desperatehswife
09-19-2009, 06:52 AM
What is the most anyone is making per day? Is it better than CC now?

frankenweenie
09-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I think it depends on whether you're an EX or an SMS over at CC. The EX I've heard are making quite a bit now. I'm SMS and I know I've been making a lot more working on Quicktate than I do over at CC and don't have to sit here all day to do it.

workingmamma
09-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Could someone please message me what CC is? I am working IMShoppers and just completed test for Quicktate but need to make around 200.00 a week. Not sure if what I am reading if I can or not. Sure hope so cause I love IMShopping and would like to add one other thing not two!

desperatehswife
09-19-2009, 02:29 PM
The ex's on CC can make up to $300 something per week - is that possible on QT at all - or even close???

workingmamma
09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't know yet cause I have not been working whole hardlily with a baby in the hosp. but next week gonna see what I can. I do think in 4-5 hours you will only make around 20.00 so I am not sure! I will let you know how I do. Can someone let me know the link to apply for other job if you don't mind!

Thanks!

Adamsmom
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
How do you apply at Quicktake ?

celeste0495
09-20-2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder if where you live determines how long it takes to get hired. Some states have different rules on work at home jobs. I know some companies don't hire in certain states and hire mainly in others. I wonder if QT is the same thing.

kratos777
09-21-2009, 12:33 AM
May I ask what CC stands for? I just started in quicktate and so far it has been slow. I'm looking for more work. thanks

overbrookmom
09-21-2009, 05:36 AM
I don't know why we're not allowed to talk about CC, but see this link for a big clue

http://www.wahm.com/forum/telecommuting-moms-34/458790-just-curious-why-chacha-banned-forum.html

phamilton
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Khaki girl. I applied, waited two weeks and never heard anything so I applied again. After two more weeks of not hearing, I applied a third time. I heard back from them after my third try but I have no idea if that had a thing to do with it or if they are just picking at random.

heathermb
11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
I have a question for both idictate and quicktate do you have to have a cell phone what are both of the addresses

Jrsygrl70560
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
The address to sign up for QT is https://typists.quicktate.com/transcribers/signup. There is no address to sign up for iDictate - you have to be a QT typist first before being invited to work for iDictate. A cell phone is not required. HTH :)

deesesss
11-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Isn't it pay day for quicktate, I'm new but have been at it long enough to have been paid today anyone else? and btw what is chacha?

Thanks \
DEE