WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Dog

3lilangels
06-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I am so sad. I just found out this weekend they suspect my dog has Cancer, and will probably only be with us for 3 - 5mos without treatment and a year with treatment. We go this Friday for a Catscan and Biopsy, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I am just devastated.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif Edited by: prbyangela

Kenna
06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Angela,
I am so sorry to hear about your Dog. I will be thinking of you on Friday and hope he does well with treatment. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

3lilangels
06-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Thank you Kenna!

catrdogd
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
I am sorry to hear about your dog. If it is any help to you....my lab has a cancerous tumor on his hind leg in the joint. I had it tested 6 years ago by 2 different vets. I was told he will only last 6 more months at the most. That was 6 years ago. I changed his diet. I started cooking for him. He loves his salad. The downfall is the Ranch dressing. There are some good drugs out there just like for humans that help stop the progress. I did a lot of internet research on healthy foods for cancer victims. If you instill in your dog's head to have a will to live. Be there to help him just like you would your child. Mine has such a will to live I really believe that is what is keeping him going. I knew someone with cancer for 20 years. She told me it is all in the mind. I wish you the best and hope he gets better.

3lilangels
06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank you so much for your words of encouragment. I am researching diet online now. I do home cook for them partly as well, but I am researching a full diet that I can give her. It's so cute your dog loves Ranch dressing, and I am so happy 6 years later he is going strong. I hope he continues to do well for many many more years to come. I just had a very discouraging talk with my Oncologist, so I am very down today but your post helped me to feel better. I will definitely instill in her the will to live and hopefully we will be as lucky as you.

Angela

Kenna
06-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Angela,

I just wanted to check in to see how your dog was doing? Please post and let us know how things went on Friday.... http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

3lilangels
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi Kenna,

Thank you for checking in on Teka. It's been a really rough weekend. We were not able to make it on Friday. I live in Bklyn and the Oncologist wanted us to go to a facility way out in NJ. Unfortnately I do not have a car and the Pet Transportation Servicequoted me $400.00 without tip round trip. The Oncologist also misquoted how muchit would cost on Friday for the Cat Scan and Biopsy. I tried talking to her about other options, butshe was not very helpful or hopeful.

I have called the ASPCA and have made an appt with their Oncologist there, I have an appt Wed June 18th, and hopefully can get treatment in NY. I will keep you posted and thank you so much for checking in on how Teka is doing, I apreciate it more than you know.

Angela

Kenna
06-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Well, I wish I lived closer I would give ya a ride...I am way down here in S Jersey.I am glad you are able to find an appointment closer to where you are. I have not had to deal with Cancer in a pet, but can only imagine the stress and heartache it brings you. Hang in there and let us know how it goes.It sounds like Teka (lovethe name)has the best mommy!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

3lilangels
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Thank you so much. That means alot to me, and appreciate it that if you were closer you would give me a ride.
What part of South Jersey are you in? My mom is planning on moving to Tuckerton this Fall. I love South Jersey.

Angela

Kenna
06-14-2008, 10:46 AM
I am about 10 miles east of Philly. I am very new to the area and have not heard of Tukerton. It is really nice in this part of the state.

3lilangels
06-14-2008, 08:46 PM
ok it's real pretty out by where you are. Tuckerton is about 20 mins from Atlantic City. Thank you for all your well wishes. Teka is going for a Biopsy on Monday I will let you know how it goes.

woofparties
06-23-2008, 07:31 PM
How is Teka?smileys/smiley31.gif

3lilangels
06-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, the biopsy confirmedTeka does have a very agressive Nasal Cancer. Even with treatment her outcome is not good. Right now we are just loving everyday that we have with her, giving her lots of love and making the most of each day. We have changed her diet and doing what we can tomake her happy andkeep her as healthy as possible. It's a really hardtime right now and I am just devastated, but feel blessed for having her in our life.

Thank you for asking about her.

AngelaEdited by: prbyangela

woofparties
06-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm so sorry, Angela. She's in my prayers as is your family.smileys/smiley19.gif

3lilangels
06-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much, I appreciate that more than you know.

Angela

Margmk
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh Angela that's so sad! I dread the day when we have to go through terminal health issues..

What meds or meds for pain do they have her on?

3lilangels
07-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Thank you.I hope you never have to go through it. Right now they do not have her on any meds. So far she is not in pain, aside from one bad weekend when it was very hot and humid, Teka has been herself, very playful and frisky. I asked about prednisone, as many dogs with cancer are treated with this, but our oncoloigist said it would not help the type of cancer Teka has. They suggested Rimadyl for her when the time comes, but I lost a dog tradgically to that drug and will not give it to her. I am now checkking into Holistic treatments, for her and have completley changed her diet. I am also givinging her K-9 Immuunity Supplements and Fish Oil. Unfortunately for Teka even with treatment her out come is not good. So we are enjoying everyday with her, and spoiling her like crazy. Each day is a blessing, but I will never let her suffer. So when her time comes we will make sure she will be at peace. I dred that day, I cry each time I think about it, but just try and enjoy her now while she is here. Taking lots os pics and giving lots of hugs and kisses.

Angela

moneylady
07-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Angela,
Came by and read your post and want you to keep up hope.

Father keep Angela and help her with Teka. Give your healing love to
both owner and pet. You care about all your creation. We would ask this
in Jesus name.

moneylady

3lilangels
07-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you so much MoneyLady, I really appreciate your prayers and thoughts.

Angela

Kenna
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Angela,

I have not been on the boards much but wanted you to know I am still praying for Teka. Thinking of you and hoping you aretaking lots of pictures of the happy times for you to remember! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

U & Me Together
08-27-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey so sorry to hear about your dog....that is so sad I hope all goes well with the treatment... I am super close to my dog. She is 10 and pretty heathly but she is slowing down. And gets winded after about 15 minutes of playing... I just wish they could last forever!!! They are sooo loving and amazing to be around.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gifDogs Rock!!!

3lilangels
08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you...so far she is still doing well, eating normal, playful and lovable. I agree dogs rule and I wish they could be around forever. I am just enjoying and trying to make the most out of each day we have with her. I hope you have your dog many many more years, they are so special and make such a difference in our lives.

Lyndy
08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, Angela. We recently lost our puppy and wasn't able to say good bye, so I hope you spend lots of time with hersmileys/smiley1.gif

3lilangels
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Lyndy,

I am so sorry to hear about your puppy and you did not have a chance to say goodbye. Please know my thoughts are with you.

I am trying to spend alot of time with her and making the most of that time.I am on maternity leave now, so I am home all the time and with her.

Lyndy
08-29-2008, 05:01 AM
Thanks Angela. I'm really glad you get to spend time with her, she'll have lead a very happy life I'm suresmileys/smiley1.gif

3lilangels
08-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Thank you Lyndy. I am sure your puppy had a beautiful life with you and you made his life very special while he was here.

BarbB
08-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi Angela:

I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby. I went through the same thing a couple years ago with my beloved sheltie. We did get an extra yearwithhim with chemotherapy. I had someextra special bonding time with just him as I also had to give him subQ fluids twice a day during this time.

It's a tough decision but you will know what's right. Maybe you'll get better news than suspected with the tests. Just enjoy all the time of you have left.

Best wishes,

3lilangels
08-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi Barb,

I am so sorry about your Sheltie, but I am happy you did get a year more with him to spend more time together. It's not easy when our babies are sick.

Unfortunately, the news for Teka was not good. But so far she is doing ok. She is still playful and full of life and we are just loving every moment with her. She is just the cutest with a great personality.

Angela

Browning
09-02-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your pets problem. It's crazy how we love an animal like one of our own children but we do and they respond to it with love in return. Sometimes thought I think that we can't help but put our own bestintrests in mind when we are faced with issuses like yours. Act with yourheart and wewill send prayers.Good Luck!