WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My cat...

ashleylm
05-28-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm leaving to go school in the fall and my mom is also moving and doesnt want to take my cat. He is 12 years old, I have had him since I was 6. I Don't know what to do with him, no one wants a 12 year cat. I'm so mad I have to get rid of him...http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gifI guess I'm just venting here...

Kenna
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
I am very sorry you are going to have to rehome your pet. Are you going to be living in a dorm? It is hard to find a home for an older cat but not impossible. Start looking with your local rescue groups. Or perhaps if you made it easy for you mom, such as provide all your cat's food and medical bills she may keep him for you.
Good luck I know it must be hard.

Eleez
05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
If your mom seriously won't take him, is there any friends that will? Any other family members (aunt, cousin, grandparents)? Will you be in a dorm or apartment?

Try the rescue groups - they will make sure that it will go to a good home

As a last resort, try craigslist. There will be someone who will take him

Hope you can find a new home for him - and he's not really that old, I know a cat that lived to 22 years old. he's got a lot of life left in him!

luvseriesse
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I saw a show (Dateline or 20/20- one of those shows) & I really don't remember which state it is but they had this incredible program for stray/homeless cats. They brought them to nursing homes to live & it was so awesome! The cats are happy & the residents of the nursing home had someone to take care of again, making them feel useful plus provided them with company- this was especially nice for those w/o family cuz it took away the lonliness. they showed this 1 cat who stayed by the bedside of this 1 resident who was ill- this person was so thankful to have that cat at his bedside- he found it very comforting.

Anyway, check your local nursing homes to see if they would entertain doing this. When I saw that show, I was so impressed- I hope this catches on. It's a win-win situation for both the cats & the nursing home residents.

Good Luck!

Cyndi

dagsmom
06-26-2008, 10:32 PM
You have every right to vent! I have a 10 year old baby that I could never part with! But I am a bit confused---what about yourpuppy you mentioned in another thread? Does your mom want to keep her, but not the cat when you leave and she moves? If you live in the tri-state area of WV, PA, OH-- I would be willing to take in your cat, honestly! PM me if you happen to live close by---odds are not, but you never know!

Kenna
07-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Aww Melissa, that is very sweet of you!

Have you heard anything???

Katiekay
07-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm really curious if Ashley found someone to take her cat. We are big cat lovers and have 5 indoor cats, one was abandoned at our old apartment and another one was abused and left out in the dead of winter (in a catcarrier)to freeze to death.

aknanny
09-08-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm really curious if Ashley found someone to take her cat. We are big cat lovers and have 5 indoor cats, one was abandoned at our old apartment and another one was abused and left out in the dead of winter (in a catcarrier)to freeze to death.

smileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gifone was abandoned at our old apartment and another one was abused and
left out in the dead of winter (in a catcarrier)to freeze to death.smileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gif

Why do people do that to their pets smileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gifsmileys/smiley7.gif

ETA...I am sure your kitties are so grateful for you!

Edited by: aknanny

09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Hello! I also have a 12 you cat.....they bcome a part of you! I do hopw you can find a good home for him.
You said you were going away to school. College? Maybe you could find someone who could take care of him during your first year at college. Second year, look into living off campus and take him back up with you!
I hope you find someone to take care of him.

Sending you hugs from another cat lover