WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Doctoring a jar of alfredo sauce?

KekeRayDesigns
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I have a jar of alfredo sauce. I'm not a huge fan, but thought i'd do something with it. Anyone have a spectacular recipe using alfredo sauce?

tivaclare
01-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I like Alfredo sauce, so I don't know how much help I can be....but I like to add bacon, chicken and veggies (usually broccoli or peas) and serve over pasta.

I find that adding things to it breaks it up enough to where it isn't too overpowering and cheesy.

KekeRayDesigns
01-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh that sounds kinda yummy..I think i'll try that ;)

Thanks!

tinker
01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I always add chicken & broccoli or diced ham & green peas to Alfredo sauce. Sometimes mushrooms but my 5 yr old has to pick those out cause they're gross. http://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif Edited by: tinker

Kee22
01-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I like Alfredo sauce, so I don't know how much help I can be....but I like to add bacon, chicken and veggies (usually broccoli or peas) and serve over pasta.

I find that adding things to it breaks it up enough to where it isn't too overpowering and cheesy.

thanks! we are using some alfredo sauce tonight too...will try adding bacon too.

razz
01-18-2008, 05:01 PM
So much you can do

Alfredo Oven-Fried Chicken

Steak Sandwich

So much to name, or just add to your fave pasta with some bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and more

momstayshome
01-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't like those dull alfredo sauces.....too watery....

I warm it up and add a little bit of extra butter and a ton of parmesan cheese.

eta -oh and add parsley...gotta have that.
Mary :)Edited by: momstayshome