WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : A Millionaires Daily Routine

brh1222
12-29-2007, 06:13 PM
If you were A Millionare what would your daily routine be like
or how would you spend your moneyhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

momstayshome
12-29-2007, 06:15 PM
my personal chef would bring me breakfast in bed.

My personal trainer would work me into shape before I got ready for the day.

My limo driver would bring me to stores so I could shop and buy all sorts of stylish clothes.

Then.......................................

I would wake up cause that is never happening...Ha ha!!

Mary :)

meg27599
12-29-2007, 06:16 PM
My Daily routine would be sleeping until I woke up. Never having an alarm clock go off on a daily basis again would be the best part.

After that, who knows? lol

~Crystal~
12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I am not sure about my daily routine but I would have every room in my house repainted at lease once every two months.

brh1222
12-29-2007, 06:49 PM
my personal chef would bring me breakfast in bed.

My personal trainer would work me into shape before I got ready for the day.

My limo driver would bring me to stores so I could shop and buy all sorts of stylish clothes.

Then.......................................

I would wake up cause that is never happening...Ha ha!!

Mary :)

awwww Mannn, you were doing so good until you woke up
i was sooo lovin it! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

cassandra
12-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I think that would depend on how I became a Millionaire, and if that Millionaire money would continue to be rolling in, kwim? If I was set up to where 'no matter how much I spent' or 'how lazy I wanted to be' I'd still be a millionaire, I would blow my money on everything and anything. But if I had to work hard to be and stay a millionaire I would still work and not spend (as much).

MTHome
12-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I'd rather be a billionaire, if that's ok. A million isn't enough anymore. LOL

I'd wake up in one of my seaside homes, have my breakfast served to me at pool-side, place my order for lunch with the cook, proceed to the yacht and sail around until lunch, have my lunch while watching whales play in the sea, place my order for dinner, sip champagne while crusing back to land, etc. etc. etc.

I'd never work a lick again.

loli
12-29-2007, 07:28 PM
I would pay everyone to do everything for me and live in a coma like statehttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

wsue
12-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd shop everyday for the first month, build a house with huge closets, hire a maid, and a chef to cook with me... not for me. I'd hire artsy/crafty types of people to come to my house and show me and the kids how to make anything and everything... just for fun and we'd have an arts and crafts room the size of a 3 car garage, fully stocked with anything and everything imaginable.

Wendy

Selah Scents
12-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Probably give it to a worthy cause and take what I need/want.

I am not to crazy about being rich, seems boring. I want to have all my needs and live comfortably, but to be rich, nah, to many poor, fatherless and widows to keep it all to myself.

I know you all "rolled your eyes" but seriously, I just can't imagine blowing millions out the window with people starving...

No offense though..

kamie3535
12-29-2007, 08:09 PM

My family would be debt free, everyone would own there homes, no bills for family.

I'd build a new home and nothing else would really change.

I'd travel some, drive better trucks, have a bigger boat, but honestly. I'm happy, and wouldn't want to change that much.

Selah Scents
12-29-2007, 08:24 PM

My family would be debt free, everyone would own there homes, no bills for family.

I'd build a new home and nothing else would really change.

I'd travel some, drive better trucks, have a bigger boat, but honestly. I'm happy, and wouldn't want to change that much.

I heard that! I agree!

12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
no debt, house of our own, mini van, and I'd build a new dv shelter. We have to turn so many people away because we're fullsmileys/smiley13.gif- AND we have to turn all men away...so I'd be building a males home too.

Oh....and building a very very large gate and fence around my property- so that my MIL can't show up whenever smileys/smiley36.gif

Velvetsky
12-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Millions isn't what it use to be, I'll take billions! lol. My grandfather is very wealthy and he still works (in his 80's). He never has to worry about money, but he's very humble about it and you'd never know he was as wealthy as he is. It's hard to say if I'd work ever again if I had that much money. I'd probably get bored over time and have to work at something, that's just me though.

So back the the question, my daily life would probably be having a lot more time off for vacations etc., but I'd continue to probably do something to bring in streams of income..more so to keep myself busy. I'd put a great deal of money in savings and use the rest to help the ones closest to me in need and also help some of my favorite charities etc.

Itsjusmeli
12-29-2007, 08:45 PM
I would definitely do a lot of traveling.

patmama3
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh I have thought of this SO much!! How fun would it be to just go around and do random acts of kindness?? Seiously after I bought houses for me and my extended family I would pay for peoples groceries, dinners at restraunts, just float around and make doing fun things like that my fulltime job.

SAHMof2
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I would basically do the same as I am doing now just in a bigger house and may hire a person to clean things I don't like doing such as the windows, etc. I would also probably try hiring a personal trainer and whatever money I didn't need would go to help someone out - not a charity but a family.

brh1222
12-30-2007, 12:00 AM
I'd shop everyday for the first month, build a house with huge closets, hire a maid, and a chef to cook with me... not for me. I'd hire artsy/crafty types of people to come to my house and show me and the kids how to make anything and everything... just for fun and we'd have an arts and crafts room the size of a 3 car garage, fully stocked with anything and everything imaginable.

Wendy

wendy that sounds like soooo much fun!!!

brh1222
12-30-2007, 12:01 AM
no debt, house of our own, mini van, and I'd build a new dv shelter. We have to turn so many people away because we're fullsmileys/smiley13.gif- AND we have to turn all men away...so I'd be building a males home too.

Oh....and building a very very large gate and fence around my property- so that my MIL can't show up whenever smileys/smiley36.gif

I would like to build homeless shelters too
for families, and also for women great idea!

12-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, I'd make sure my family was happy, but not selfish & then on the holidays I'd have the time to do things like go to a shelter and help feed the homeless. I'd love to do that, but there's never enough time with having to take care of my own.

Also, I'd MOVE FAR AWAY! I'd have a big house in the sun where it's warm with an inground swimming pool! And a personal gym, so I could workout & get my once young & hot body back!

Hmmmm, fantasies are great, huh? It'd be funny if someone here hit the lottery for lots of money like that!

Karina
12-30-2007, 12:37 AM
First thing I'd do is set aside a good chunk of money for Munchkin. Then, I would buy my mom a new car, my dad a new truck, and then I would buy a house and fix it exactly like I want.

Then I would buy myself two horses.

As far as daily life, I would not quit my main job because I just enjoy working there too much. I would wake up every morning, work while my kiddo is in school, then pick him up, have lunch,and we would go riding together. I'd have someone clean the house once a week, and a personal trainer three times a week.

I would also travel a lot. And buy shoes. Lots and lots of shoes.

HighEnergyMom
12-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Oh gee, I'd need more than a million, at least 3 or 4 cuz I've always had a grand dream that some day I could design (I know what it is) and sell plans for homes that families would love to live in, be less labor intensive, safer and nurturing to the entire family, even extended family where that's necessary. It would also have to cost less to run and maintain. Everything would have a convenient place, even the home office. I'd be willing to bet the resale value would be good as well, if I can only earn that cash soon, there'd probably be three of them put on a street and I'd be living in one of them. After I got to move in, I would probably be into some type of charity work.

brh1222
12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, I'd make sure my family was happy, but not selfish & then on the holidays I'd have the time to do things like go to a shelter and help feed the homeless. I'd love to do that, but there's never enough time with having to take care of my own.

Also, I'd MOVE FAR AWAY! I'd have a big house in the sun where it's warm with an inground swimming pool! And a personal gym, so I could workout & get my once young & hot body back!

Hmmmm, fantasies are great, huh? It'd be funny if someone here hit the lottery for lots of money like that!

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifwouldn't that be something if someone won the lottery this week
do you think they'll come back and post about it, hmmmm maybe tempted to at least. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

Ashleigh02
12-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Everything would paid off. For me, and my parents. I would throw money into a college/future fund for the three younger siblings, and give my Brother that is already in college, money to pay for it.

Money would go to a few of the charities I regularly donate to, and money would also go to the local Women and childrens shelter.

I can honestly say that I wouldn't stop working, I wouldn't blow it all on big houses and things i'll only wear once or never.

I would however buy one big house. That way every year, my family has somewhere to go for the holidays without worrying about who has the most room, who is going to be able to host. That house would always be available.

EclecticWAHM
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm...what lovely food for thought on a Sunday morning! I'm going with the assumption that there are many millions, being invested well and making more all the time. With that in mind, I'd pay off my parents house, my MIL's house and buy FIL a house and one of my sisters a house (let's just say the other sister doesn't need help LOL). Once the family is all taken care of, I could spend time finding the right house for us. Honestly, I love the neighborhood I'm in right now, I'd just like to have one of the houses on the high side of the park where there's a killer view of the mountains.

Then buy DH a Jeep and a Scooter. I'm keeping my car - I love love LOVE my Forester!

After that, I'm going to get really good at being a philanthropist! There are so many charities and causes I want to support, it's too many to name. And someone above mentioned the random acts of kindness thing - I get such a kick out of stuff like that. It would be like being Santa all year long. :-)

12-30-2007, 11:07 AM

I would like to build homeless shelters too
for families, and also for women great idea!Ours is a Domestic Violence shelter...and we are in desperate need for a male onesmileys/smiley19.gif

MTHome
12-30-2007, 11:20 AM
OK, if we want to be generous with the money in this fantasy, in addition to my seaside homes, I'd open a free daycare center to help single moms out and a free dental clinic.

And, of course, give my family everything they need. That goes without saying.

Then I'd retreat to my yacht and sail the seas and drink champagne.

kati3l3unny
12-30-2007, 11:36 AM
oh my sister and i havea plan incase we win the lottery lol

were going to get 20 acres or so, fence it all in, build two big houses (close but not too close).

were going to have a barn with lots of light and set it up for all our crafts.

horses for our girls (with an indoor riding arena and extra stables for boarding)

bmx / quad / rc track for the boys (and hubbys)

olympic sized swimming pool (indoor and heated for year round use)

pay off the other brothers and sisters mortgages and debts (but they can't live in our compound http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif)

hirehouse keepersto clean our houses.

get my sister a decked out van to accomodate her electric wheelchair (she has ms)

college funds for all her kids (mine already have them)

a warehouse sized garage for our hubbys, with lifts and paint booths etc.

and i think our vacations would be longer and a lot more exotic.

ok i think thats about it ! (lol can you tell we've thought about this ?)
kate

Edited by: kati3l3unny

*Lyndsey*
12-30-2007, 11:40 AM
If I had a million dollars I would buy my mother a house and make sure she is set up. Then I would buy a cute house and make sure I never owed on another bill!

12-30-2007, 06:12 PM

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifwouldn't that be something if someone won the lottery this week
do you think they'll come back and post about it, hmmmm maybe tempted to at least. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

OKay, so if anyone plays, and hits, let us know. I never win anything. BUt am tempted to play!! LOL!

Good luck if you play!

HighEnergyMom
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Hmmm, am going to have to find something a little extra to do if I want to buy lottery tix as I already have my income sources plugged into where they have to go, so since that is already set up, it doesn't get moved around except for emergencies and tix won't qualify.

Well, anyone wants to pray for me that I get the cash, I always intended to sell the plans affordable, it might just be me, but I really think that the kind of home you have can make a tremendous difference between a happy functioningfamily and a worn out one.

12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
OKay, so if anyone plays, and hits, let us know. I
Oh, wow...I'd never tell online if I'd won!
Actually...only 4 people in the whole world are gonna know- My (grand)Parents, Hubby's best friend, and my best friend (I'm sure her hubby'll know to smileys/smiley36.gif...) I can just imagine the PMs and Emails someone would get if the announced it on here...smileys/smiley5.gif

12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
OKay, so if anyone plays, and hits, let us know. I
Oh, wow...I'd never tell online if I'd won!
Actually...only 4 people in the whole world are gonna know- My (grand)Parents, Hubby's best friend, and my best friend (I'm sure her hubby'll know to smileys/smiley36.gif...) I can just imagine the PMs and Emails someone would get if the announced it on here...smileys/smiley5.gif

ETA...hubby checked his ticket from last night... he won $7smileys/smiley36.gif It's spent...smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

HighEnergyMom
12-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Well congrats. Hope it was well spent http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gifbut ya gotta play to win.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif Just too many other more important places for our money to go.

millieaire
12-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Isn't it amazing what you think of if you had a million? This was so fun reading what everyone would do...I especially like the ones who would not change to much, maybe because I agree with that. I liked even more those that would get their affairs in order and then help family and others. What a great heart to think of how the money could be used to help others. I too have often thought that I would love to be in the position to be able to help anyone where I saw a need.
Now about the original question....A day as a millionaire, I would go on that shopping spree where you just went shopping and if you saw something you wanted you just bought and would never even consider looking at the price tag. Wouldn't that be the best day shopping ever?!?!?! Love this forum, the creative juices are really flowing here.

As far as a daily routine, I would wake up and listen to the inspirational leaders as always, but I would be in my fabulous kitchen cooking breakfast. I would take care of any necessary things and then prepare lunch to be served out on the lanai by my beautiful pool with the waterfall landscape. I would probably have to spend the afternoon preparing for the dinner that family and friends would be arriving for in the early evening to be followed by a fun time by the pool or if the weather does not permit a fun night playing pool or wii in the bonus room or watching a good movie in the home theater. Ok, I'm tired now so I have to retire to that beautiful mastersuite of mine to wake up to the awesome view in the morning.

By the way, all of you are invited to stop by anytime, just let me know your favorite food so I can have it prepared.

12-30-2007, 09:37 PM
I'd tell you guys! And if someone here posted that they won, I'd be genuinely happy for them.

patmama3
12-30-2007, 10:01 PM
By the way, all of you are invited to stop by anytime, just let me know your favorite food so I can have it prepared.

Leave the light on for me http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif