WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Insurance (Tricare)

scadesigns
08-30-2007, 06:00 AM
My husband is getting out of the military this month. He has completed his four years with 3 deployments to Iraq. We of course use Tricare for insurance, our son was born while he was away and he hasn't seen him yet.smileys/smiley19.gif
Anyway I'm curious if Tricare cuts off the insurance on his out date or if they'll give us a month extra until he can look for a job? Anyone know?

Thanks for any help!

meginsf
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Well most of the time your covrage will end on your husband date of
detachment. But you can call BEER 1-800-538-9552 to see if you family
is eligible for up to 190 days of covrage wil he looks for a new job.
Hope this helps.

Meg

cpcali
10-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Once you are no longer active duty, unless you are retiring, it stops.

mhobbs25
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
My husband also served in Iraq. When he got home, his group had coverage for another 6 months, and then had the option to keep it going and pay $250 a month for 8 more years. The coverage is 80/20 with only a $1,000 cap per year; and he was only deployed for 2 years. I'm sure if your husband served more time that than, you'll be able to keep it longer.

Call DEERs for eligibility: 800-538-9552
Edited by: mhobbs25

Leo Andre
01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for that information, Meg. I could use it too since I am separating in November. I'll keep that in mind. Happy New Year! Edited by: Leo Andre

emaus1217
01-05-2008, 08:23 AM
My husband just started terminal leave and our converage ends on his ETS date. Most of the time if you do not request an extension "TAMP" by contacting DEERS it will end immediately. I am pregnant due any day so it was very important for us to find out all of the info...you can PM me and I'll tell you more....best thing to do is look at your hubby's orders...if it doesnt say anything about healthcare then yours ends.

scadesigns
01-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Thank you for the information, my husband has since separated (September) and they did not allow an extension.