WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

View Full Version : If I won the lottery ...

Cheryl@WAHM.com
10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
What would you do? Spend, save, charity, cars, houses, college, business???

Let's dream a little smileys/smiley1.gif

jelmyoung
10-20-2005, 11:46 AM
I'dtithe first then I'd get someone who knows about investing help me know how much of it to save and how. Then I'd spend some... buy a house, a second vehicle, clothes, furniture... all the things we need but have not been able to buy as of yet... then I'd take a vacation and give my parents and inlaws some money as well. Take the kids to Toys R Us for a huge spree! :)
Edited by: jelmyoung

JenMcS
10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I'd do exactly what I'm doing, just somewhere else. Would love to move overseas, somewhere in Europe. It would be nice to have the freedom to travel extensively without worrying about money.

Would pay off my parents' house and build them a little place on my Italian property (or wherever we are) so they can come and stay as much as they want.

Definitely would need to find the husband a job or great hobby as having him around 24/7 would probably drive me crazy. How many motorcycle races and American Chopper episodes can one guy watch?? smileys/smiley36.gif

k2912p
10-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Help my family, give to the church, pay bills, set up college, etc.

OK, that's the usual/boring stuff.

Here's what I'd love to do:

- Go to a restuarant (nothing fancy - like a Red Lobster/ TGI's, something like that) order whatever we want, and give the waiter/waitress a HUGE tip. Just to make someone smile.

- Buy a Mercedes

- Fly all of my family to a special destination for a reunion (thinking Vegas or Disney - keep the money on the homefront, kwim?smileys/smiley2.gif)- we'd rent out the top floor of a fancy hotel and just party like mad for a week!

- Find out where the person who tormented me most in High School lives, go there, and start handing out money to everyone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM and then tell them if they wanted the money, they had to streak through the town naked screaming"I suck my thumb like a baby!"

Well, that's just a few of them, anyway!smileys/smiley36.gifThis IS fun!!!smileys/smiley36.gif

OptimumLife
10-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Heh - this is one of the dreams I love playing out in my mind.

The FIRST thing I'd do is get in touch with a financial planner and
seek some serious advice. There's a statistic that within a year or
two, most lottery winners have spent all their money and are back to
where they started. I don't want that to happen to me.

Then I'd look at which causes around me I've been wanting to support a
little more meaningfully than I'm able to at the moment, and with each
one, I'd walk into the main office of the charity personally with a
cheque so I could see the face of the person I was talking to :-)

Then I'd look at what I wanted to plough into my business, what into
savings, what into other investments, and what into a house (my husband
and I are still renting at this point - it would be nice to buy a house
outright and not have a mortgage!)

And finally, I'd arrange some serious time (at least a month or so) to
take a holiday somewhere I've always wanted to go. It wouldn't have to
be luxurious or 5-star, but it would have to be somewhere I could
really take a break - be around nature - and just relax and recharge...

Then, when I got back, I'd be in the best condition I could be to take
the gift that had fallen out of the sky (i.e. the lottery win) and
really put it to work helping me achieve my goals...

Heh... like I said... I love playing with this dream :-)

Best wishes, and may every day bring you closer to your optimum life

TANJA

Ocean
10-20-2005, 02:05 PM
1.Tithe

2. pay off bills, mortgage, credit cards etc.

3. pay off some of my familes bills, my moms, my MIL

4. Open a play ground for kids in my neighborhood. There is one around here but its by a church and its really old and unsafe.

5. Pay for tution for massage therapy school!!

If anything was left at that point I would save it. Not to exciting, but boy would it be nice.

SummerSunset
10-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I would pay off all my dept, donate some, buy a house, buy DH a truck,
invest & save, and then I would go shopping, I wouldn't go
crazy! I would want to be smart about it so it last and last and
last! Good Questions Cheryl!smileys/smiley4.gif

bestrevenj
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Hello,

New-ish here,smileys/smiley9.gif first post, seems like a safe place to start...

Depends on the amount but may as well dream the whole ball of wax: Definitely would give at least 10% away; Pay off house and SUV; Build dream house (cash) instead of "settle-for" on property in AZ; Tuck away enough for son's college edu; and invest the rest to live off the interest. smileys/smiley1.gif

Sounds like fun, where do I sign? smileys/smiley2.gif

swatson
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
The only thing I would change about my life right now is that it would just be easier to do the things I love to do.

I probably would want to start a non profit business instead of a for profit business, and yes, I would live easier, but the only difference I can think of is that I would buy a house. I currently live in an apartment. I miss having my own home. But I just want a modest house, nothing very large. I used to have 3000 sq feet and I would not want anything larger, but I would love to have a nice dining room because I miss having lots of guests for dinner.

I would retire my mom and take care of her too.

But mostly I would not live much differently than I do now. I would do the same things I plan on doing someday, only sooner.

tishialee
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
What a fun question! First I would give a large portion to my church. Second I would pay off all my debt. Then I would buy a house and a new car. Put money away for my sons college education & some for me & the future. But mostly I would like to pick a single mom and bless her pants off......pay her rent or purchase her a new vehichle, buy her lots and lots of groceries.....just do things for her that I know I have struggled with as a single mom! It would make me so happy to help another single parentsmileys/smiley4.gif.

Tishia Lee, Virtual Assistant

Best Little Wahm Directory in the USA
http://www.usawahm.com

2KidsNMeRaOK
10-21-2005, 10:57 PM
I don't know what I would do first,but if I won

I would move to Arlington Heights,Il and buy a house with a fenced in backyard

Buy a car,save some $$ later for my dd's car when she's old enough to drive

Save some $$ for my kids college education

Take a vacation with my kids

Take a vacation without my kids

Need I go on?I could dream like this forever.When do you think this will

happen?smileys/smiley5.gif

k2kelly
10-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree -- what a fun question!

I would tithe to the church.

Pay off all bills and build dream house.

Set up trust funds for the kids that mandated they had to finish college before they could touch the trust fund. Might also make the amount of the trust fund dependent on the grades they got in college . . . know too many who leave college almost as dumb as they were when they went in!

Instead of giving blindly toa charity, I would like to find a few families in my community that are in need and deserving and anonamously gift them with a lump sum of cash. Not a huge amount, but maybe $10,000 or so in order to make their life a little easier. Sometimes, folks just need a leg up!

Then I would volunteer my time to a charity instead of money.

10-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I'd call my close friends and family and write them a check for any
amount they wanted. Then I'd buy my street. Yes, the whole
street (since I live at a dead end). We'd tear down the houses we
didn't like, and offer the others to family members for free.
Then in the empty lots, we'd build dirt tracks, swimming pools, park
rides, etc.

Finally, we'd put up a gate with armed security at the end of the street, and we'd have our own little community.

Then we'd open the biggest Irish Pub the east coast has ever seen...

Yes, we've planned this out ALOT. smileys/smiley2.gif

delk
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, we do not gamble, or buy lottery tickets - so I guess I will not ever win! LOL But, IF we did - here is what I would do smileys/smiley2.gif

1. Tithe smileys/smiley17.gif

2. Donate as an offering to some missionaries, or other areas in our church.

3. Call a friend who does investing, and invest alot of it in a secure place that would pay dividends well.

4. Buy a NEW CAR!

5. Buy hubby his dream car!

6. Go on a HUGE family vacation with the kids.

7. If it was enough - put $10-20,000 in each kids savings account - a different one - they are not allowed to touch except to buy a house or Bible College one day.

major26
11-04-2005, 07:51 AM
If I won the lottery, I would be able to treat my
wife as the queen she really is.

Terry
http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/ (javascript ol'http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/';)

delk
11-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow- Now that one should get you some brownie points smileys/smiley2.gif

major26
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
I already got a wonderful wife.

That is plenty.

Terry
http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/ (http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/)

texastar17
11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
First I would tithe then I would pay off all of our debt- college loans and all- then we would have some fun! smileys/smiley1.gif

God Bless!

Melody

major26
11-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Yep, I'd do that, too.

Terry
http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/ (javascript ol'http://agoodmorning.blogspot.com/';)

Martha
11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
smileys/smiley32.gifGood Question. Wow where to begin?

First I would pay my house off, quit my J.O.B. Spend more time with my passion(my business). Save enough money for my Grandchildrens education. I would visitmy Birthplace, Itlay. I always dreamed of having a large place for all the stray unloved animals. So I guess you would see me in the news as the lady with all the animals smileys/smiley36.gif.

Wow this is fun and I needed.

Thanks

http://Martha.womensdreamteam.com

shadowlark
11-05-2005, 09:29 AM
I would pay off all the debts my ex left me with, buy a house, and put the rest toward my home business ideas and a college fund for my boys. Nothing spectacular.

shadowlark

Mellonie
11-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Pay off all debt, plunk a good amount into a college fund for each of my children, and become a crazy-wild philanthropist!

I was once inspired by a story I read of several people who grew up very poor, but later became successful in life. Every year, they go to a poor neighborhood and they drop off bags and bags of groceries, so the families can cook and have a real holiday dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas. They do this in the stealth of an early morning, and let it be a "surprise" for the families when they wake up in the morning. I always said, if I had money, I would love to go bless other people in a similar way to this. Although I would probably get caught hiding in the bushes, because I would want to see the looks on their faces when they wake up and open their front doors! smileys/smiley36.gif

prostudent
11-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I would pay off my dept, help my family members that are in dear need, give to charity, and then invest my money to make it grow. I wouldn't want to win and end up broke within a couple of yearssmileys/smiley11.gif

delk
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Leaving packages -

My kids and I do that each year, Thanksgiving some food and groceries, and Christmas some toys.

Also my kids take toys to Vanderbuilt Childrens Hospital each year to give to other kids that have to be there over Christmas~

Jenni
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
Pay for the improvements at our church... build a coffee shop there :~)

Finish building out house and definitely spring for the granite!

Hire a full time employee to help make soap.

Buy a huge R.V.

Hire a full time housekeeper/cook :~)

Change my phone number to an unlisted one, LOL

Jenni (http://www.sparrowsnestonline.com/)

stephanyeshunn
11-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Give my mom HALF.....Give some to charity, take a VACATION!!!

Comity
12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
-Provide sufficiently for my wife, children, and sister so they would never have to worry about financial matters.

_Donate significant sums to charities that don't have outrageous administrative overhead.

-Fund scholarships for needy but very deserving students.

-Buy a newer used truck.

-Do some traveling in the U.S. and other parts of the world.

-And, if it were the Superball, buy my wife a mini-mall.

MrsAtomik
12-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I'd pay off my house & debt, then I'd pay my familys houses and debt, then I'd pay my close friends houses and debt. Then I'd pay for my neices college. Then I'd open the biggest, best private feline rescue league. Then I'd givemoney to other animal rescue leagues.

Then if I still had money left..... I'd take a vacation to some warm tropical place :)

~Crystal~
12-05-2005, 09:48 AM
I would buy everyone in my family a house including me one right beside my mom.

Then I would buy a small airplane and get my license so i could fly down and see her once a week.

I would but me a big huge pickup truck that is jacked up 3 ft off the wheels. You know like a monster truck!

I would do all the normal stuff like give a bunch to our church and charity.

I think I might buy my kids way in Harvard.

I would buy me and hubby matching trucks and bass boats. So we could compete in bass tourneys. lol

I think that is it for now, I might think of more. lol

Crystal

Bella_Rose
12-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Lets see.

I'd donate/tithe to our churches and charities.

Start a college fund for my kids and a large fund for my nieces/nephews.

Build my IL's a new place b/c they live in an old trailor. It would be equipt with hadicap accessability. A new van that can load and unload for handicap capibilities.

Go on a really long vacation with the kids

Go on a long vacation without the kids

Decide which biz to start with dh (restaurant, antique car dealership,or real estate) then, do it!

Invest in Bio-Diesel

Put $$ into a mutual fund/high yield savings account.

If dh got out of the Navy, buy some land and build or buy a castle! We have 3 kids and one on the way, and I would love to have each of them with their own room.

Buy dh his Viper.

Buy my Viper

Hire a maid and cook, so I can spend more time with my kids without having to worry about housework.

RV Across the contry.

Take a cruise

Buy a dog, and some horses

Can you tell we've done a lot of talking about this? We play every week. We won $28 last month! LOL!

brh1222
12-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I would be soooooooooooo happy,
I would buy a house a car,
make some investments
give some to charity
Invest in my own clothing line
maybe even do an albumsmileys/smiley4.gif
It would be a wonderful
dream come true
every day i would sing God prasisessmileys/smiley4.gif

sunnyslife11026
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM
First, I would retire my mother and put her in her own house and then pay off our bills.

Then I would bank enough to put our three children through college.

Then I would open a school for children with ADHD and hire all of the right teachers and staff so that these children have a chance to succeed (my son would be the first student enrolled).

After that I would "adopt" a family (without them knowing) that just needs a break in life and do what I can to help them get on their feet.

Then, life as usual.

brh1222
12-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I would start a birthday club
and it would be big
every member will get
a kit containing
cake, flowers, camera,
ballons,a gift, and a check
for $100.00 every
Birthday!smileys/smiley36.gif
Including
a house
and car

philena30
12-07-2005, 12:51 AM
I would retire my parents, mom house.. dad a boat, invest, and keep doing what I'm doing now

Trese
12-07-2005, 05:41 AM
I'd give 10% to the church, then I'd pay off our house. I would my mom and dad a large sum to have fun with. Then I would split the rest 3 ways: put some into savings for each child's future and put some intosome type of fundwhere it would make moneytowards ourretirement.

RhondaG
12-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I sure hope this is a big win, because I have lots to do!

My children and I have seen some really hard times, so the first thing I would do is repay all those who have helped us in any way at any time!

I guess that would start with the church, who has made sure they have a ride, to and from, for some time. Maybe a better van for them, or money to pay on their mortgage, whatever they needed.

Next would be the school. They need art teachers here and can't afford them. I would also donate money to them for whatever cause they see fit, for all they have done in helping me get my kids back on the right track and making sure they have school supplies and Christmas every year.

Of course my parents would be taken care of. They already own their home, but I would pay off their vehicles and put the $10,000.00 back into the bank for them that they had to take out this summer to pay off my drug addict sisters car, before it got repoed! My dad was co-signor. Then I would send them on their dream vacation to Hawaii!

I have two friends who want to open a therapeutic riding center for mentally and physically handicapped children, and children of drug addicts and alcoholics. I would cover the expense of them building the facility and buying the right horses for the job. Dogs will also be a part of the therapy, so I would cover the cost of getting the right dogs as well.

After all that, I would buy a new SUV, because we live in the country and sometimes takes three days for snowplows to come through! My boyfriend wants a Hummer (we'll see about that, if I have enough money)!

I would also have a custom build home for me and my children. Their own rooms and bathrooms, game room for them (to play Playstation, pool, etc), exercise room for me (with hot tub), private office for me (so I can keep doing my current business), and music room for musician BF (with all the equipment he needs for playing and recording music), and ofcourse my boys and BF would have room with big screen tv for watching all their football games and stuff!

I also believe I would put money into trying to solve the meth problem in this country! I have seen it destroy my family members and friends at a rate that is unbelievable! It has not touched anyone who's life wasn't totally ruined and with a 3% recovery rate, we need some major intervention to help those who want to get away from it!

The remaining money would be invested so as to produce enough interest to continue living comfortably. I would not quit my business and would not live much differently in as far as the clothing I'd buy, food I'd buy, etc. Other than new vehicle and house, life would pretty much remain the same.

Make it a great day,

Rhonda

hamacherpoems
12-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I would tithe first and faint second. I probably wouldn't be alive long enough to enjoy it because I would die of a heart attack!!! However, if I did pull through by some miracle,oh nothing.smileys/smiley19.gif

richmontgirl
12-09-2005, 07:28 AM
LOL I'm with Wendy, except I'd do the opposite - it would be a miracle if I won the lottery (since I don't play LOL) - but ifI DID win $$ - yes it would depend on the amount, but I would definitely tithe my baby church so they could get their building off the ground! ThenI would buy myself a new Mini Van (I love my explorer but it's not enough room). Then I would invest the rest and shop with the monthly payments LOL So I wouldn't be likely to go as crazy as I might if I didn't invest it! LOL I'd definitely join a few more business' to keep my busy and well, just enjoy life at that point. :)

Ah...to dream!

melankomas
12-11-2005, 03:46 AM
i would buy quality gear for deployed service members, to enhance their chances of coming back alive.

Annnoura
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
First I would give at least %15 to the local mosque. Next I would pay
off all of my moms debts, school, hospital, ect. Then I would set a
trust fund and college fund for both of my sisters. I would buy my one
sis a stable and some property and make it a 50-50 share buisness, with
her running of course. I would give some to my cousin as well. I don't
know him that well but his wife just had a baby and they lost the house
to kartina.

After all that giving I would get an invester that I trusted and invest the rest.

oh and I would buy a small house outright.

HeritageMom
12-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Terry, since you have an amazing wife and that is good enough, if you win the lottery, can I have your ticket????? LOL

I'm just impressed beyond words at the number of you who would donate to their church or faith, and after paying off debts and playing a little, would then turn their good fortune towards others. Now THAT is why I hang out in here! You are truly incredible people.

I ditto all the comments above, but I would love to go one step further on the Red Lobster thing...and buy the WHOLE restaurants dinner....ANNONYmously. Or take my kids to the zoo and pay for the next 40 people who came to the gates...annonymously. And find families who struggle or have hard times, and find quiet, annonymous ways to "drop miracles" into their lives.

I would open a non profit business for single moms/dads.

Fund research on cancer, ADHD and depression....things that have affected my life and the lives of my loved ones.

Take groups of teens to impoverished countries and help them with humanitarian projects to give them some perspective.

Set up scholarships for gifted but disadvantaged teens.

I would buy a fabulous bed and breakfast on a beach somewhere and spend my retirement meeting new people from all over the world, serving waffles to newlyweds, and having plenty of room for all of my kids and grandkids to come and play whenever they wanted.

luvbabies
12-16-2005, 02:33 PM
Looks like most of us would tithe and pay off debts. Many of us would invest a bit. Those are all good things and I would do the same. smileys/smiley14.gif I think I'd also like to expand my business, pay off my home, landscape my yard, make a few home improvements, gift a portion to my parents and other family members, purchase something really nice and expensive for my hubby, select a few charities, and make sure I had a great retirement plan!

DebWood
12-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Someone once told me that 80 percent of all lottery winners are broke again within four years. Yikes! That's pretty scarry. I read an article that said the reason for this is they don't have the mindset to hold onto all that money and mentally they have to get back to where they were before they won, so they make poor choices and bad decisions. Hence, they are destined to be broke again, which is where they are comfortable. (You know the saying, some would rather be right than rich!)

I know this doesn't apply to the amazing minds I'm seeing in this group, but I do know that I've made some not so perfect financial choices in my life (as a matter of fact, I could write a book on it), so....

The first thing I would do is hop a plane (my own of course) to a destination where I've never been before. Definitely somewhere with an amazing beach where the tropical breezes never stop gently blowing. I would turn in my old sand chair that has seen many summersin Myrtle Beach perched at the edge of the ocean, and getone a bit more high tech. Over the next 30 days I would brainstorm what to do with the money, who to help, where to spend, where to invest, where to donate.

I would seek out great financial mindsand take them with me. They would all be my guests for a wonderful vacation in exchange for theirfinancialintelligence.

My church is putting on a new addition, and that would definitely be first, but after that, I just don't know.

Sure is fun to think about though~smileys/smiley32.gif

SAHMof2
12-19-2005, 08:43 PM
I would first pay bills,buy a house, buy clothes that are needed,put some money away for college, emergancies, give some to family members in need and then some to the family fund that helps out family members and helps us to have a family reunion every year or every other year.

After that I would give some to the Ronald McDonald houses. Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta, American Heart Assoc., and others.

And help others that need it.

Taz61281
12-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I can't COUNT how many times I have thought about this!!!

I would definitely make sure my mother is taken care of for the rest of her life. Set some money aside for my sister. Pay off our house or even have it torn down and start from scratch, being that ours is the only one on our street that sits on two lots! Pay off my car...buy a new car. Pay off debt, including student loans. Give 10% to church. Donate to Pediatric AIDS Foundation...not that I personally know a child with AIDS/HIV, I've just always said that if I had a significant amount of money to donate to them, I would because it's not a child's fault if they're born with the disease. Hmm...oh, yeah, vacation after vacation after vacation! Invest, of course. And most importantly NEVER WORK AGAIN!

maddysmom
12-22-2005, 11:55 PM
First I would give to the my church. Then I would pay off bills. Put away money for my daughter's education and wedding, help my sister. Maybe buy a new house (depends on how much I have won). Then I would have a second house on Folly Beach, S.C. (my favorite place). Of cours this will never happen because we don't play the lotto but it never hurts to dream!!!smileys/smiley2.gif

4forfun
12-23-2005, 04:00 AM
The only one time I have ever played the lottery was when a group of my work colleagues did a pool. It would have killed me if they won while I was standing there.

In no specific order (since I could hopefully afford to do everything), I would:

Give to the church

Buy a bigger house so that my younger daughter and son wouldn't have to share a room.

Hire a maid immediately! (I hate housework.)

Pay off my parents' mortgage

Buy them 2 new cars to replace the over 10 year old ones they currently have.

Put money aside to send my kids and neices to Ivy League schools

Pay off my brother's mortgage

Donate to my alma mater and the scholl I currently teach in

Donate to the Salvation Army, Mission Arlington and other charities I believe in

Finally go on my dream trip to Egypt to see the pyramids

Tell my ex to take his measly child support money and ....!

berrymorin
12-23-2005, 01:17 PM
smileys/smiley1.gifI would have unlimited massage, acupuncture, and alternative treatments. I would also have weekly manicures and pedicures. We would have a new vehicle, house and take a vacation to a warm place.

WAHMAli
12-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm with many of you on this. I, too, have dreamed of hitting it big. Of course, one must play in order to win, and I don't do that...

Let's see. In no particular order, I'd:
<UL>
<LI>buy a house - or build to suit and hire relatives to work on it. Have it professionally decorated to my taste.</LI>
<LI>take a sabbatical from work and go to school full time</LI>
<LI>my daughter's tuition is already taken care of, but maybe see what else she needs related to that</LI>
<LI>INVEST INA BOSS COMPUTER! One that's infinitely upgradeable - maybe hire a couple friends I know to build me one. Or wait until I finish my degree and build my own.</LI>
<LI>definitely financial planner visit would be one of my first stops</LI>
<LI>full-time domestic help. I already have a once-a-month maid, but I'd get a full-time one, and a full-time cook who's knowledgeable in healthy menus. I'm actually trying to find one now who'll work part-time.</LI>
<LI>send my daughter on the tour of Europe she's been wanting to do. With at least two of her best friends.</LI>
<LI>Long, leisurely driving vacation - with or without a travel companion for legs of it.</LI>
<LI>Set my best friend up so she can finally be independent. Whatever it takes to get her settled to where she can take care of herself.</LI>
<LI>I like the idea of a private luxuryjet, but maybe have a pilot instead of fly it myself.</LI>
<LI>Anonymous gifts every month</LI>
<LI>Flowers to random people who look like they need it; maybe even delivered personally in the guise of a delivery person - like Christian Slater's character in Bed of Roses.</LI>
<LI>My long-time dream: See Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, in the center of the third row.</LI>
<LI>Donate to my local theatre</LI>
<LI>Hire the homeless to do real jobs</LI>
<LI>Find local charities to donate to, or create one of my own - similar to Make A Wish</LI>
<LI>Run for a political office - not sure which one</LI>[/list]

Wow that's a long list. I'd want to live off the investments and sustain the capital, so I guess within those limits I'd do just about anything I'd want.

I'd keep my job, if they were flexible. I'd keep my WAH jobs for sure; just get faster, lighter, more-portable equipment to do them on.

A

Wachit
12-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Pay off my mortgage, send my kids and niece and nephew through college, buy a second home (for vacations), donate money to favorite charities. I would also love to have access to unlimited facials! I could go on, but frankly, I don't play often enough to win anything big (although I've $5 and $10 on and off). Nice to dream though!

Susan

visit me at:

http://susansspa.blogspot.com/

JustOneVoice
12-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Actually it's difficult to answer w/out knowing the sum you would win. However, based on the last HUGE lottery jackpot (powerball in PA) of $300Million+ here is what our plan was;

Go to Hawaii for 2 months and let it sink in, and let the attorneys do their thing.

Each granted $5M to alot to others as we saw fit ~ I had alotted $1M to my best friend Scott, $1M to my mother, $500K to my sister, $500K to my paternal grandparents, $500k to my maternal grandmother, $1M to my friend Amy, $500k to my daughter. He had alotted $1M to his father, $1M to his best friend Mark, $1M to his friend Boz, $1M to his friend Bruce, and he was also going to give $1M to my best friend Scott.

We then were going to pay off our bills, buy 2 new homes (minimum), andstart up or fund the existing darts organization in place in the USA. We would travel, especially to the UK, to play darts at a higher competitive level. We would hire tutors for our 2 boys unless the oldest one still wanted to attend military school, then we would send him to military school and just get a tutor for the youngest. Possibility that we might adopt additional children (between ages 4 and 7, boys).

Of course we would donate to different charities each and every year, not just right after we won the lottery. Neither of us has a favorite charity so there is no telling which ones or how many would benefit from us if we were to win.

Sassy
12-28-2005, 01:58 PM
White sandy beaches, grass huts come to mind right awaysmileys/smiley1.gif

msupplier
12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
smileys/smiley9.gif I would start a "home" for women that are trying to get their lives together. I would also open up a home for kids, because I am a guardian ad litem and there is so much need in that area. I would tithe to my God first of all and then do these two things, which I feel God has placed in my heart. I would pay off my medical bills too after I did these two things, I think it would be enough money the lotto here in Florida is 7 million smileys/smiley4.gif

BrendaLP
12-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Of course it depends on how much. LOL But I know one things I would do. I have a friend with a great idea for a new business and I would invest with her. Can't say too much yet, but she'll do great!!!

Other than that, I would move our family from San Diego to Southern Indiana were my in-laws are. I love the country out there and really miss the family.

Of course, I would give to our church. I would love to see them get a top rate youth program going and then get a whole new make over in the nursery. But then I'm bais since I'm on the nursery board. LOL

After that, I would set up education funds for my kids and then go back to school myself.

I'd send my husband on a tour of all the Pro stadiums and get him a chance to drive a real race car on a real track.

I am a giving person so I'm sure that loved ones would be blessed too.

Isn't it fun to dream??? smileys/smiley36.gif

Sharon213
12-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Great question!!

I'd pay off my house and cars.

Then pay off my family's houses and cars.

Invest for my son's education.

Give to charity.

HAVE A BALL!!!

yooperchick
01-01-2006, 08:44 AM
I was just thinking of this the other day after we got almost a foot of
snow.

I would post on freecycle for a free snowblower and I would buy one for
everyone who repliedsmileys/smiley1.gif

I'd also pay off all of our debt too and buy a house with a guest house so
my mom and dad could live closer to us smileys/smiley2.gif

bugpea
01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
How fun!smileys/smiley36.gif

First, I would peel my butt from the floor(fainted or heart attack don't know which depends on the amount! smileys/smiley2.gif)

Hubby and I talk a bunch about this. We would pay off all our debt, and our parents debts. I would like my parents to quit renting houses and because of mom's health problems, we would build her and dad a new house. Then either finish ours or build another one. Our current one is 2 story and I would like a one story with a full basement.

We would invest some for the kids futures (cars, college, homes) some for retirement, and some for the businesses that we plan to have going. Don't want to become lazy! smileys/smiley36.gif

We would adopt a new family every month and help them out without them knowing. We have had many hard times and we couldn't get anyone to help us, so we want to help those that are not making enough to make ends meet, but too much for assistance. Maybe we can buy housing and help those who really want to help themselves own a home, or rental appartments.

There are other plans we have too, but I can't remember them all without hubby right next to me. smileys/smiley36.gif

Jewel
01-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Hmmm...it would be pretty shocking since I don't actually play...but I can think of a few things.

1. Tithe.

2. Pay off all debt, including my house, as well as my parents' debt.

3. Buy a mid-priced minivan.

4. Buy a new house, but keep the old one and rent it to a single mom for the cost of property taxes and insurance.

5. Talk to a financial consultant about what to do with the rest of it - keeping in mind an annual vacation, children's college, and retirement...of course if the jackpot were high enough, DH could retire from his "day job" and pursue his dream of being a full-time professional photographer.

shortcircuit
01-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Pay off our bills, buy a house on the lake, but keep this one in town, give enough money to close family members to either pay off their homes or start their own business, &amp; build a shelter for abused women &amp; children.

JWallace
01-04-2006, 12:29 PM
I would pay off house, cars and credit cards. Have home improvements and travel a lot!

galorebeauty
01-05-2006, 08:13 AM
I would have to open a home for young moms. This home would offer classes on how to buget your finances, how to get a good job, parenting, etc. I have always dreampt of doing something like this.

ginene
01-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I would pay off my bills of course, then take a trip to Disney World, then Las Vegas, and buy me alot of clothes, brand new big house, pay for my daughter's tuition to college allat one time, 10% to churchand have a ball with the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moaneeca
01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
If I won the lottery for a large enuf amount .... I'd adopt 1000 soldiers in Iraq and send them packages of goodies loaded w/phone cards! Enough so they'd have a never ending supply of their favorite things!

tedsgirl
01-06-2006, 08:33 AM
First I'd pay of bills, then, if there's anything left over (LOL) put back $ for kids college and buy a house.

nriggs_54
01-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd divorce my husband first and foremost then I would take my beautiful children and we'd move to Florida and of course I would leave enough money left over so when our house got hit buy a hurricane, I could get it fixed fairly fast.

Soy~Rains
01-07-2006, 07:18 PM
I
saw just before Christmas military guys sifting through the ruins of
their lives in LA while working to rebuild the homes of others. They
were leaving in like a week to go overseas to Iraq and it broke my
heart to see that they were going overseas and would come to nothing.

So I would donate the home that I am in to a family and buy a few more for other families.

Then I would buy a big piece of land and take in all the Mastiffs I could house until they found forever homes!

</span></span></span>

barcelonasitges
01-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Awesome to dream BIG Dreams!

1. Pay God, made a promise and intend to keep it if that dream ever comes true...I guess it's called"tithe" but it will go directly to fund some missionariesin Mexico and South America

2.Payoff debts, husband's and mine

3. Buy my little princess everything she needs and perhaps spoil her a little with things she doesn't need but she may want

4. Help some of my close relatives (sibling, mom, nephews, aunts, etc.) financially and only a few I like from my husband's side of the family

5. Set up a College Fund

6. Depending on the amount left, invest a portion so that we'll always have money,finish up our inventions and startthe business so that eventually we can get a GSA with the Govt, partner up withHUD to provide more homes for the elderly, and help my brother start his business

7. Set up a portion to blow on aDisney trip (I'm a big Disney fan) and take my familyfor 2 weeks

8. The last portion divided in equal amounts anddonate to non-profit organizations like Childhelp USA, Wildlife Orphanage, GreenPeace, Primary Primates, establish better counseling facilities for women and children that have been trafficked into labor or sexual slavery and any other non-profit that is making a difference but needs finances to keep going

9. Last one would be to travel, I love to travel and taste different types of food and wines. Take my husband and child and visit the biggest aquarium in the world located in Spain. Travel to Morocco and eat my way throughout Western Europe. Now that is a dream.

tedsgirl
01-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Just bought a powerball ticket.....wish me luck!!!!

OptimumLife
01-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Hmmmm... y'know, I think one thing I'd add to my previous wishlist
would be travel. I just heard from my brother in the UK and it
reminded me of how much I missed him.

Smile... one of the major reasons I want to make my business a success
is so that I give myself the ability to travel on a regular basis and
get to see him at least once every cuople of years.

Best wishes

TANJA

Soy~Rains
01-14-2006, 03:26 PM
LOL on #4 up there help out the ones you like on the hubbys side!

You know I think all the time what I would do it is always the same
things but I will never win as I never buy tickets! LOL Rut Roe

</span></span></span>

Weighless
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Hello, this is my first post. If I won the lottery, I know exactly what I'd do. I'd...

-plan a family reunion--probably in the Virgin Islands, or possibly at a wonderful U.S.resort,and send airline tickets to everyone who could come. Our family is very small and has lived far apart all of my adult lilfe. We rarely have the opportunity to spend time together.

-pay off my daughter's college loans.

-add a new wing onto our home--so my daughters and visitors will have a comfortable place to stay when they visit.

-build the workshop my husband dreams of having one day.

-pay off my husband's truck.

-remodel my kitchen and bathroom, to modernize them.

-give more generously to my favorite non-profits and the university I attended, FSU.

- I'd invest some funds in my business annually and see a financial planner about investing the rest.

It's a wonderful dream!

Soy~Rains
01-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your stay here at WAHM!</span></span>

palmettowahm
01-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Hmmmm...... Tithe, Spend about 5% frivolously, 30% give to my family and friends, Save about 10% and invest the rest in different business ventures, etc.

LoBueDesigns
01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't change anything except let my husband quit his job.

Meg J
01-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I would pay off all the debts, sell our business - the store, build our summer retirement home on my farm, then locate land for our winter home and build that - put away for the kids education, and for the grandkids education, pay off my mom's debts, then sit down with an investment specialist and decide how I can live the life I want the rest of my life - :)

KellieAnne
01-17-2006, 01:46 PM
All I want is enough to pay off my credit cards and student loans. Then I would be happy. No more stress.

Kristine233
01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Probably similar to what I'm already doing.. WAHMing but Dh would not
be an over the road truck driver if we wont the lottery. The kids would
also have money in thier college funds and we'd finally complete the
house remoddleing, lol.

phaze-3
01-19-2006, 02:20 PM
We'd build a fabulous arts center for DW's middle school band
program, fill it with professional grade equipment, and set up an
endowment to pay for the extra staff she so desperately needs.

Of course, our pitch to the board of ed is that they get all this free
stuff if they agree to make the arts a regular subject during the day
instead of the insane rotating and pull-out system they use now.

If it's a REALLY big jackpot, it's tempting to consider founding a
private school for the arts, but that might be more work than rich
people should really do.

Of course, our respective alma maters would get some cash, our drum corps, our family, a few select non-profits.

And there's always the beach house...

bestrevenj
01-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Go for it phaze-3!
Clicked your link, loved the "not-Mr.Mom"article.

My husband was a work-at-home Dad for our son's 4th-10th grades in school while I worked outside as primary breadwinner. It was a role I undertook without so much "gusto" as a sense of partnership. I got a lot of grief at work (a law firm) about why my husband "didn't have a real job."

I guess since they laid me off 5 months ago, now I don't have "a real job" either because we finally figured out a way for me to stay at home also and be "A Writer." And as you know, all writers do is sit around at home and play all day.

Bottom line, the critics are all jealous that some of us, male AND female,take the risk of staying home; while they are too frightened to reach out for their dreams. JMHO. smileys/smiley2.gif
<DIV =Section1>
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bonnie%20Sue%20Click/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/author_files/image003.jpg

&lt;--- the new stay-at-home moi! LOL

abbysmom
01-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Wow...love this question.

I would put a HUGE bulk of it for my daughter's College Education. She will DEFINITELY not be able to touch it until she completes college and gets her Degree(s).

I would also put my girl in Private Schools during her childhood too.

Also, a nice, cozy 2 bedroom cottage close enough to the city, but far out into the "boonies" for privacy sake.

I would also give money to the Battered Women's Shelter, and the Community Service that helped me and my girl when we didn't have anywhere to go.

Then the fun stuff:

Toy's R Us shopping spree for Abby (educational toys AND fun toys)

build a home gym in my house

buy my girl some music/dance lessons

buy a nice (small) beachhouse in San Francisco and Carmel (small cottages..nothing fancy.

and a 1969 Chevelle!!!!!!!!! and maybe a Harley!

I can sock the rest away for retirement.

I guess that's it.

P.S. did I mention the Cabana Boy named Julio? smileys/smiley2.gif

phaze-3
01-19-2006, 05:00 PM
bestrevenj -- I get that "real job" question now and then, usually in the form of "you don't work?"

To which I have learned to respond,

"Actually, I work my *** off, I just don't get paid for it."</span>

Shuts em up fast, thank you very much.</span></font>
</font>
Edited by: phaze-3

TerriLovesLife
01-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I'd be excited! First I would tithe, then I would pay off our debt, save some, down for a house, buy SUV, and share with our family; plus let hubby retire if it was a big enough lotto and he can spend4 hours a day golfing.

LOVEgoesMLM
01-21-2006, 10:29 AM
Cool on all the tithers in here:)

I tend to think more about what car I would get.

I would put a chunk of it in the bank and try not to tell my wife.

Try and keep it a secrete for a few days.

Would have joined as LottomagicZ1212 if I knew you had a lotto thread:)

Lotto

http://www.flalottomagic.net/?sponsor=Z1212 (http://www.flalottomagic.net/?sponsor=Z1212)

MagicZ1212 A.K.A LOVEgoesMLM

1-877-526-6957 ID Z1212 for info on a great lotto club.

*Bama*
01-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Pay Bills

Money for college away for kids

Build a house paid for in cash!

Invest some of it

Travel

How much we talking?

Annnoura
01-21-2006, 11:11 PM
I think I'm gonna add to my list. I've done all the important stuff, now onto the fun stuff.

1) An ebay shoping spree for me! $2,000 spending limt, That would be so fun! (Ismileys/smiley27.gif ebay)

2) Take little sis to Game Stop (video game store) and give her a big bag and 5 mins to grab everything that she can.

3) Take gram to vegas and let her go wild. (She loves gambling)

Thats it for now. It's fun to dream smileys/smiley1.gif.

Fung
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM
First off I would rebuild the Christian School my children go to. I would tithe of course. I would rent two motorhomes and our immediate family would take about 3 months and travel around the united states. In reality, I would give most of it away. I know that is not really good, but I love to see people happy and would feel that would be a way I could contribute in doing so.

mamo
02-11-2006, 02:18 AM
1.I would pay off student loans.

2.buy my self a new toyota pruis

3.buy each of my children and myself a home &amp; new furniture in another town.

4.Invest what is left so my great-great-great-great-great grandchildren(i don't have any grandchildren yet)would never have to worry about money.

5.go to Disney,go on a cruise, go to Australia, Germany,Italy, Paris, Greek Islands and Japan

freelancemomma
02-11-2006, 04:23 AM
I'd take my lottery winnings and pay off all my debt. I'd give a tithe and an offering to our church. Then my dh and I would buy our dream home, dream cars, dream everything.

networkmom
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I dream about this all the time. The first thing I would do is pay off my inlaws home, buy my sister in law a house and help out my parents and brother. I have always dreamed of opening a kids fitness center where kids could go and be with their friends play basketball, exercise, do dance revolution etc.. see it is very cold here in Ohio this time of year and the kids have nothing and nowhere to go to do these sort of things. I would also make it very affordable so anyone can join.

Denise

squishibop
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Denise, I love your idea for a fitness center. That's awesome!

I dream about this all the time too. But you know what they say, the only thing worse than none of your dreams coming true is all of your dreams coming true! Then you'd have nothing left to dream about lol. Well anyway, if we win the $300 Million PowerBall tonight...

Wewould pay off our debts, take care of my hubby's parents (give them millions because they ROCK!), and give some to my 8 brothers &amp; sisters. I'd make sure my 15 nieces &amp; nephews were set for life, and only our TRUE friends would get anything.We'd donate a lot to animal shelters, cancer research, etc. Maybe even open up my own animal rescue center.

Then, we'd buy our dream house, go on the honeymoon of a lifetime (we never had a real honeymoon), hopefully FINALLY get pregnant, and just live the good life! That good life would include a personal chef &amp; personal trainer. Also, Dr Robert Rey (HOTTIE! from Dr 90210) and/or Dr Linda Li (I love her too)! LMAO smileys/smiley36.gif

Bottom line, if we won, none of our family/friends would ever want for anything. We are very generous! What good ishaving all that money if you have no one to share it with, right? WOO-HOO!

I think someone will win the jackpot tonight! But can you imagine if no one does? WOW! It would keep growing &amp; possibly become the biggestjackpot ever! YEAH BOYEEEEEEEE!smileys/smiley32.gif

networkmom
02-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow $300.million where can I get a ticket? We do the mega millions here and it is up pretty high too but not that high.
Good luck!

Denise

rkyrcoon
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
hmm...have my shoe fixed

squishibop
02-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Now it's up to $365 MILLION!!! Biggest in US history! WOO-HOO!!! smileys/smiley32.gif

nicj
02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Takethe day off!

Holly'smom
02-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't change my life,...........just how I live it!!!!!!!smileys/smiley36.gif

I would buy my husband a Porsche - and sponsor him to go racing like has always dreamed of!

Rebekah13
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
I have a list of people going back to 1994 that I'm going to locate, because I promised myself if I ever win, I'm going to help all the people who have had a positive effect on my life...sounds so noble, but believe me, I'll be taking care of me, too, lol!

Lydia

sgoodknight
02-19-2006, 09:21 AM
If I won the lottery I would...........

1st. Set up huge college funds for my 3 kids

2nd. Pay off my house and invest in another

3rd. Pay off all bills

4th. Landscape yard and put a deck w/ upper balcany

5th. Finish my basement

6th. Get some family toys... Stingray, SeaDoo's, Dirt Bike's for the

boys!

7th. Invest the rest for safe keeping for our future (retirement)

My entire family would be happy with this!

Susan

ccissner
02-19-2006, 11:34 AM
My husband Tim and I just talked about this Friday. He told me he would have 1 million and I would have 1 million to do what we wanted. We then would buy some land and build us a house with everything we want in it. Back to the million a piece. I came up with a strip mall with an ice cream/homemade candy shop in the center and then rent the spaces on each side. He came up with a drive in where it was strictly family oriented (No Drugs or alcohol!). Then he put the two together and did the drive in with my ice cream/candy shop at the ticket booth or the entrance so families could have ice cream or homemade candy and then watch a movie or vice versa. There is no telling what any of us would really do if it really happened smileys/smiley36.gif, but it is fun to dream.

FamLiFrst
02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
My life is completely 180. I have over 100 million dollars that is legally mine.

The office is closed till Tuesday because Monday is Presidents Day.

I am a new MULTIMILLIONAIRE.

I have the ticket on my PC in a hard plastic sleeve so it does not get damaged. I have to hold on to it till Tuesday. Today is Sunday!

First thing Tuesday is I am going too pay my Dad for his home so he will not sell it. Then give the home to my daughter, Cindy and her daughter Charli. Cindy loves that home and grew up loving it and it reminds her of happy times with her Grandma.

I am setting up trust funds for each family member.

$100.000. each sibing.

$500.000. each child.

March 2006 I ambuying a fully loaded Coach with internet access to stay close to the emails and business.

The coach is Black with Black Tinted windows.

The lettering in metalic white says.

http://www.vitamarkpros.com

I am living life every day to meet new friends and develop long lasting relationships.

I have written 6 checks out to:

Jesus Cares Ministry in Mesa AZ

Christ Life Church in Tempe AZ

Saint Andrews Apostolic Faith Community in Chandler, AZ.

Public Broadcasting Services

Neurofibromatosis Foundation

Muscular Sclerosis Foundation

I will continue to do N.W.M. because I love it.

karli_727
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
1. Buy a House

2. Buy a Car

3. Put enough away to live off for the rest of my life

4. With the extra tummy tuck/lipo and shopping for me and my daughter

Silverback
02-20-2006, 08:55 PM
The amount of money we're talking about in this week's jackpot is absolutely insane. The person who wins it will be able to do anything they've ever dreamed of, and then some. smileys/smiley4.gif

I'd try not to do ANYTHING for a month! I'd just wanna lay low and spend some time thinking things over. I'd enjoywatching the media go crazy over who the lottery winner was and where they might be located. I'd wait till things kinda subsided a bit and then go in to collect my winnings. I'd try to keep all the media hype to a minimum. (I hear that folks come out of nowhere asking forALL kinds of things.) I'd pay off the house I live in and the cars I drive and the credit card so that I had no debt. I can think about buying new ones later. Then, I'd travel, anywhere and everywhere. I'd show my kids anything and everything of significance. I'd visit my siblings, perhaps take them away for a week or two, really talk with them about their lives and their hope and their dreams. I'd ask them what they want and ask how I might help.

I'd like to say that I'd do great and noble things but honestly I think that I'd just sleep - as long as I'd like and whenever I'd like - untilI felt totally rested. I'd spend more time pursuing mypassions and hire people with expertise to coach and mentor me. I'd attend conferences around the world where I could learn from experts on various subjects. I'd build a "killer" home theater in my home and watch all of the movies I love and the ones I never had timeto catch in the theater. I'd have parties for my friends so thatwe could enjoy my good fortune together. I'd let my wife goshopping for clothes and furniture.I'd look for people to bless. Normal folks in the day-to-day who do an excellent job of taking care of others; a schoolteacher, a store employee, a waitress, a fireman, a salesman, any one of a number of nice people who I see being exceptional and would appreciate the gesture. I'd look for ways to help people, in particular couples and families. I'd find a way to help children, especially hungry, lonely, abused, abandoned ones. I think I'd spend the rest of my life looking for ways to bless those kids . . . . .

tedsgirl
02-21-2006, 10:27 AM
What's up with the big lotto winner? News says the sole winner of the $360+ million hasn't come forward yet! If I had won, I'd been at the lotto office camped out!!!! Winning ticket bought in Nebraska I think.

Anyone from Nebraska and haven't checked your ticket yet?

Rosalee
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
I would give 10% or more to the Lord, pay off my debts, purchase a home, go visit family &amp; put some in savings for grandchildren &amp; children.

Rosalee Decker-Design Home &amp; Garden Party www.ywave.com/~zelmyrs/ (http://www.ywave.com/~zelmyrs/)

"THis is the day the Lord has made; rejoice &amp; be glad in it." (=

Sarah Taylor
02-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I would give to mery ships for charity, buy my immediate family members cars, my family a home, put into savings and investments!smileys/smiley1.gif

FlowerPower
02-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Win a lottery? http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

Wow...having that money would give me the freedom to dedicate more time to my family (nuclear and extended). I could pay off debt andhelp outextended family. Then I'dquit my "out of the home" job which would allow more timefor my hbb and more volunteer hours at my son's school; andI'd invest more into hiseducation. For sure I'd do some house reno's!!! I'd also donate more money and timeto my cat rescue (Cat Tails Rescue); and donate to other no-kill animal shelters/rescues. Plus I'dcontinue my efforts promoting humane treatment of animals, and caring for the earth...God's gifts to us need to be treasured.

Ofcourse there'd be the trips to Disneyworld...Europe...http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

But what I'd really like is to get a message and be able to enjoy it knowing I can afford it!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

Lorrainehttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley27.gif

KimberlyUCW
03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Well first things first, I would put1/4 of it away in a trust for my children and grandchildren.

I would donatequite a bitto the Episcopal Diocese and also give our church quite a bit too.

I would pay off the house we are in, completely fix it upand rent it to family that needed it, preferably someone that is probably out of an abusive relationship or divorce etc... someone that needed it that works and doesn't abuse the system.

We would pay off my mother in law's house and get my mom and dad out of where they are at, and get them into a nicer house, and pay it off so all they have is their utilities and taxes to pay for. And since they complain about lawn work, make sure that is always taken care of.

I would buy the house we are moving into outright...no financing LOL! I would pay off our car, probably buy a second car so when my husband is home he has his own.

We would of course, pay all our debt.

Next, my husband and I would probably invest in what we want, me... I want to own and run a bed and breakfast onthe lake. And him... own his own trucking company, or he's expressed interested in owning and running a Truck Stop.

muttnik
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
It's fun to dream, isn't it?

I'd buy a huge parcel of land in the middle of Montana or Wyoming - someplace like that. Then I would take in all the neglected and abused animals I could find and give them a comfortable life.

rkmemkc
03-03-2006, 09:18 PM
After getting up off of the floor and catching my breath...I would call the whole family and say...pack your bags I am taking you all on a cruise! I love spending time with them so if/when smileys/smiley2.gifI win I am going to share share share. I will do the things I am supposed to like college fund, retirement...bla bla bla...but the initial thing would be CELEBRATE!smileys/smiley17.gif

Thanks for reading!

homebizdiva
03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I would give to my favorite charities and then get out of debt.

Then I would take a "real" vacation and go to the Bahamas.

jacquelynrose
03-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Well after getting rid of the Debt, Buying House and Car etc...I would donate and then really I would probably like to Travel and really see the World.

success
03-04-2006, 02:45 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

This may be off the norm a little, I would go to cooking school ! Then open a fitness clud and natural healthfood store, that wayI never had a legitimate excuse not to exercise or find healthy food !

Oh yea, get out debt first.smileys/smiley36.gif</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

freelancemom
03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I'd sure as heck outsource more work! smileys/smiley36.gif

Melanie Milleti
03-04-2006, 11:00 PM
I would purchase a large piece of land and build our passive solar, off the grid home. I'd plant a forest garden. I'd have enough space and organically grown food to support my extended family for generations to come.

In short, I'd prepare the Milletics family for a very secure future.

I dont need to win the lottery for this to become reality. My path is in this direction as has been for years. This is my destination.

kimw
03-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Tithe first. Then another 10% to set upa missionary fund. Then invest and purchase some property. Build my dream home and decorate the way I want too! I would then do some trust funds for my kids and nephews. Pay my mom's bills off. Oh and continue doing DS because I could NOT ever just stop.

Kim

ezhobby
03-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Bye Bye Debt!

Oh, build our dream home in the country (we have the house and land all picked out!), buy a Hummer and a Viper, put lots in the bank and away for college educations, take 2 first-class trips to the Caribbean (one with kids and one without!), give to my parents and siblings and charities.

Blessings,

Vicki

asimms
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I'd pay the bills of my family (brothers), and close friends.

Then I'd take everyone who means something in my life, my kids, my fiance', my mom, my brothers and their families, and a couple of close friends, and leave on an extended vacation to Maui.

If wishes were horses...smileys/smiley4.gif

AS

hbixler03
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Of course I would pay bills, then use the money to fund my
ministry. Oh yeah I would buy a bigger house, we are outgrowing
the one we are in!

Heather :)

BrendaB
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
If I won the lottery I would pay off the house we are in the process of buying, buy myself a Mercedes, a brand new truck for the hubby and put money into a college fund forour son. If we still have any money leftover I would like to give some of it to friends and family and do a lot of traveling.

proudmomof2
04-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Well of course put alot away for my kids education and future.. THen buy me and hubby a new house or even build one.. same goes for my mom and MIL. Buy all new furniture, clothes and then put the rest away and save and make interest on it

ladbyb
04-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Spend it! I'd pay off this home, (then itd become a rental), maybe buy another really nice home..(hey...if im rich, i could do that smileys/smiley36.gif). Help my parents pay off their homes (theyre sepereat), give some to charity, maybe buy mself a luxury vehicle...and invest some, put away for the kids' college,etc...and just have a great time doing whatever I wanted with it. Why not? smileys/smiley2.gif

Jefiner
04-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I would pay off my whole family's debt....my parents, sisters, my husbands parents and siblings etc. Also I would set my parents up for the rest of their lives, they are 60 and both working 7 days a week and that breaks my heart.

Set up college funds for my baby girl (and hopefullya brother/sister to be)

Take a guilt-free vacation.

Set-up a charity that REALLY helps children in need.

jmagnesi
04-07-2006, 02:49 AM
Pay off my credit

Buy a house, and a new car

Start a college fund for my babies, and invest/save the rest (assuming there is any left!)

MelissaG
04-09-2006, 04:15 AM
First put enough away to cover retirement and college, etc. We wouldn't move - we love our house (make some improvements), get a minivan. Basics are set...

Disneyworld - the whole family

Vegas - Bring a sitter with us

Europe and Africa - Do the tours once the kids are a little older

Set up a charity related to single women with families building job skills, setting up a place to stay if they need it, literacy building, good childcare at affordable cost, etc.

lindseyweb
04-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Awww ... my husband ponders this often. I keep reminding him that in order to win the lottery, we have to start playing first!

I would first pay off all debt- mine, our parents, our siblings, etc.

I would then buy everyone new cars.

I would pay-off our parents houses and then buyourselves a house or two - one close to my parents and one close to his.

I would quit working (sorry, I love my clients but I am sure they would understand).

Set-up trust funds for each of our kids as well as nieces and nephews.

Take everyone on a nice vacation.

Then sit back and relax and get my mouse ready to start shopping smileys/smiley17.gif

pixelpusher
04-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Lots of great answers on here.

I would, in this order:

<LI>Buy my parents a new home.</LI>
<LI>Fix my brothers financial problems and pay for his medical help</LI>
<LI>Pay off my student loans.</LI>
<LI>Pay off my credit cards.</LI>
<LI>Put a down payment on a home (or buy one)</LI>
<LI>Go on a much needed vacation. Probably to Spain or Italy.</LI>
<LI>Start a business the real way, with money, lol.</LI>

greatdanelover
04-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Get the HECK OUT OF MEMPHIS! - Don't know where I'd go, but I'd be out of here! Maybe I'd go to the Carolina's on the beach or something. No where fancy, just away from the hustle-and-bustle of the big city life.

karma_lamden
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM
haha...i know what i'll do! I'll first hand like a sizeable amt of the prize money to a reputable and trustable investment firm or fund manager...and then start thinking what to do with the rest...i'm sure i'll give a gd part to charity...but i think it's better the giving is sustained...that means not as a lump sum...but invested sum...which gives my desired charity a sum every year...and then spend time with my family...if i have one then...haha...but most imptly...i must get to this desired stage regardless of whether i win lottery or not!!

Tizme
04-22-2006, 03:53 AM
I'd buy a big house with stables, indoor swimming pool and gym. I'd pay off any debts I might have, and buy 2 new cars. Then I'd give family some too, make sure they are comfortable.

http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

mlmmentors
04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I would give 10% or more to my local church. I would probably invest some in real estate, get out of debt, save some and spend some on family/friends (close friends - everybody is your friend when you have money)

Theresa

Ladyfire921
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I would buy a new home, buy my husband the boat of his dreams, and buy my youngest son a new shrimp boat. The rest I would take 200,000 and than split among my husband and son.

JennyKing
04-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Pay off my school loan and credit card debt.

And with the rest:

Donate to my favorite non-profit organizations (such as Keiki Cards), save some money, invest in real estate/stocks/mutual funds, pay off my mom's mortgage, fix up my mom's home, take my mom on vacation every year, take a two week vacation every year with my husband on our anniversary, put some money towardsour businesses, take Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Korean and sign language Classes, get private lessons with my kung fu teacher, celebrate with a trip to Hawaii with my family and team members too, purchase a lifetime gym membership for my relatives,...omg, stop teasing me!! my ticket was not a winner!

mortgagemom
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd pay off our mortgage and car/student loans and then invest the rest so that I could contribute to worthwhile charities.

And I'd have to go out and buy something crazy like a big screened TV or a great vacation just to celebrate!

Adriel's Mom
04-28-2006, 11:56 PM
If i won the lottery I would:

Buy a house!!

A better car that doesn't make a sounds when i turn the
steering wheelsmileys/smiley5.gif
Finally make my dream vacation to Hawaii come true and take my son wherever he would like to go and save the rest of money in a bank.

Jen-Ohio
05-04-2006, 06:36 AM
If I won, I'd be rich....

Pay off debt....

Pay for college for 3 kids.

Go back to medical school

Buy a few new cars

Buy a 10,000 pre paid gas cardsmileys/smiley36.gif

Buy a huge house to fit our family of 5 in and all their toys.

Buy more toys....

Buy a inground pool and have a really hot pool boy...he he he

And enjoy life with out all th worries...

bobbiob
05-04-2006, 09:12 PM
If I won the lottery, I'd spend a lot more time getting my business started and making a lot of money.

adderz
05-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Everyone around me , those related to me , everyone who even remotely knows me and even many who don't, would benefit from my winning.

Of course, I would invest some and none would be squandered - just shared.

Happiness is like butter, it's meant to be spread around...

soylightvicki
05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
I would give money to people in some of the countries my husband has visited on his mission trips: the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, and Mexico.

Then I would get a car that actually works and you can rely on to get from point A to point B!

Then I would add on to my house so my family can live here for years to come!

Then if there is any left, I would probably invest it for my kids' futures!

05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Pay off my debt and close families debt.

Invest in school funds for my childeren.

Invest so I can live comfortably off of the interest.

Buy a large RV and travel wherever, stopping when I want and leaving when I want and probably home school my kids.

Continue to build my business while traveling so as to continue and build the wealth.

As the wealth builds, give to charities.

DonnaP
05-12-2006, 03:51 PM
What would I do if I won the lottery?
<UL>
<LI>Buy my mom a house and new car</LI>
<LI>Help my brother and sister w/debt</LI>
<LI>Pay my student loans</LI>
<LI>Set up college funds for my son</LI>
<LI>Set up a fund to help people still suffering from Katrina damage (many people I know)</LI>
<LI>Donate large sums of money to Audubon Institute, New Orleans City Park, and other favorite places in New Orleansto help with repairs and recoverydue to damage/loss from Katrina.</LI>
<LI>Buy a house in TN and a big SUV so people will quit running over me on the streets</LI>
<LI>GO TO DISNEYWORLD for as long as we want!!</LI>
<LI>Donate to my fav organizations that help abused children.</LI>
<LI>Invest</LI>[/list]

I could go on and on, but you get the idea! smileys/smiley17.gif

cbette
05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I would enjoy helping people who are in need. Definitely give a good portion to different charities and probably go on a nice month long vacation to Italy to visit relatives.

RuthP
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
My hubby and I would get out of debt and than help our siblings out. Than I would want to take a long vacation in Hawaii while our dream home was being built.

ek309
05-18-2006, 02:48 AM
I would get out of debt, donate to charity, pay off student loans, and buy my family items they desperately need! smileys/smiley1.gif

Charmaris
05-18-2006, 05:58 AM
If won the lottery I would pay off my house and other debts. Put some money on the Bank for emergency. The rest you can use very wisely because thing are going bad.

cheyenne18
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
i would pay off all my bills first . set up a fund for my children. build a nice decent house .

soncece
05-28-2006, 02:26 PM
If I won a lottery.....I would buy a very good horse for my youngest daughter who does show jumping. I would give some money to my daughters, I would invest, buy a new sailing boat........

Rowe
05-29-2006, 11:40 AM
I expect to win someday...really I do!

I intend to take care of the needs my family and extended family have. I would take care of my parents for life, debt and all.

I'd give to charities close to my heart.

I'd continue to build my Arbonne business because in a way it is like winning the lottery when someone is able to build residual income:)

I'm sure I have more I want to do but this is all for now.

Rowe

sue311
05-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I would do the following:

1. Furnish my house.

2. Buy a home for my mom and sponsored child.

3. Pay off my credit card.

4. Invest.

5. Have fun.

6. Continue doing what I do now.

Edited by: sue311

DREAMS
06-02-2006, 07:40 AM
I think that my biggest priority would be to pay off all my bills so that I could actually be out of the hole finally!

http://mimtraining.com/gdiliza.html

SherryB
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
I would pay off all our debtsput money aside for college for the kids, have a house built the way i want it and do more with my buisness and take them to Disney world and donate to charitys such as health issues, etc. Also set up a shelter for families in need.

Webwork
06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
I love this question, I can't tell how much I think about it. Iíve
played it out in my mind many times and I know exactly what I would do.

Though,
I never have played the lotto because frankly, someone has a better
chance of being struck by lightning than winning the lotto. Time is
better spent working to become financially free as a self-made
millionaire, even billionaire (Did you know 2/3 of the world's
billionaires are self made? Quite interesting)

Speaking of
billionaires, Bill Gates has enough money he could give everyone in the
entire world 1 million dollars each. Would never happen, but maybe if
we all write him enough letters he'll consider it. lol.

Anyway back to the question, I going to dream big so 500 million should be enough.smileys/smiley10.gif

*Goes into dream mode*

-First,
I would get a VERY good, trustworthy financial planner and a family
accountant (maybe a family lawyer too if any discrepancies about who
gets what ever come up, god forbid) They would help me save a fair
amount for family emergencies, set up trust funds for future
generations, and grow my money by investing in stocks, bonds, real
estate and any other money gaining assets.
-Then, I would help
the family out by giving 1 million to the closest members (well
maybe everyone, don't want anyone to get mad at me). I would probably
buy everyone a home and their choice of luxury car as well.
-Buy my parents two homes; one on the Upper East Side, New York City and another in Greenwich, CT.
-Then,
give charities such as cancer research, AIDS foundations, educational
foundations, and third world aid funds a million each.
-Then, I
would put some money into expanding and automating my business so I can
pursue my other passions such as writing my first few books and film. I
may even travel part time around country giving the gift of financial
inspiration and the mindset of hope and opportunity to others on
morning talk shows, maybe I'll even team up with Oprah or Barbara Sher.
-Now
for the vain stuff. I would settle down in NYC of course buy a
townhouse in Greenwich Village, than a Summer house in South Hampton so
I could hob nob with the old money folks and rub elbows with
vacationing celebrities, buy yet another house in Riverdale, Bronx and
another in Westchester (maybe Larchmont). I think I have enough houses
for now.smileys/smiley36.gif
-Shop for new furniture for all those houses and hire
an army of grounds keepers, landscapers, gardenerís and pool cleanerís
to keep them all nice and pretty.
-Buy my own private jet so I don't have to go through the hassles of flying on commercial airlines.
-As for cars, the usual upscale brands; Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar, all sedans. Don't want to be too flashy.
-Then travel the globe. Then live of the rest while making more through streams passive income.

AhÖ that was a nice fantasy break. Now, it's back to reality and making it actually happen.</font>
Edited by: Webwork

jennp2006
06-03-2006, 08:02 PM
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Edited by: jennp2006

jennp2006
06-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I would first pay off any debt that my loved ones have, probably
purchase a few investment properties, definitely invest and save most
of it.... I would want to make sure that I enjoy life with the money,
but I'm not interested in just blowing it. I would want to make sure
that I made every bit of that money mean something!

~ Jenn.

<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

earn-iprofit
06-04-2006, 03:36 PM
"I would pay off all my debt and that of all my family, and then I would travel the world on a sailing boat, and maybe stay for a month in every destiantion. Shopping is no important for me, but the sense of freedom and peace of mind tops the list" smileys/smiley33.gif

KristieWooten
06-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I would definitely payoff all of my family's houses and other debt. Then I would buy an even bigger house for my family and I and have a whole lot of fun decorating it. And, take vacations once a month. As far as charities go, definitely St. Judes Childrens Hospital, Quigley House, Children's Miracle Network, March of Dimes, just to name a few.

Wow, this is making me wan to go out a buy a lotto ticket, I'll be right backsmileys/smiley2.gif

jimmy
06-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Winning the lottery, what a dream! would anyone really know what to do if those numbers came up!

With forex Enterprise we can make those dreams come true. try us for minimal time and effort join a winning teamsmileys/smiley2.gif

06-05-2006, 12:59 PM
First thing i would do is hire a financial advisor second is i would quit my weekend job. I would want them to be able to tell me the best way to accomplish everything i want, not ever be in debt again, and to live comfortably. I would want to build a house on some land in the "not too far from city" country. Pay off all my debt and buy another car. Of course save/invest most of the winnings. I would want to be able to contribute to a variety of charities throughout the year and even travel to physically help people in need (wherever that may be). I would want to buy an airplaneand get my pilots license (speaking of traveling). I would like to have enough to provide for my children if they choose to go to college or other (responsible) endeavors.

I would not stop working from home, i love it so much and you cant beat residual income even if you are a lottery winner :) LOL

Peace &amp; Stuff,

Christy

tymes90
06-06-2006, 07:52 AM
I would spend the rest of my life living off roomservice!

momof3inkc
06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Pay off Debt, buy a better house, spend a little on the family, save the rest. Maybe sponsor a scholarship for my High School. Definately keep working.

Bronxrep22
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Ok winning the lottery, well I guess the fantasy can qualify as the "American Dream" as these days it seems like the only way to buy "A HOME" the former "American Dream" is toactually HIT the Jackpot.

We have heard so many stories of over-night riches, and well over-night broke bodies. Sure buy a car, buy a home, donate to charity...a great deduction. But do not , I mean do not spend erroneously on life's extreme fetishes...Rule of thumb is to spend 10% of your net worth, allocate 40% for living expenses, the rest well you better save...or allocate to investmentvehicles that BEATour current 3%inflation rate.

Like the jackpot a business of your own can be quite rewarding. However, the sudden growth and income spawns a spending spree. All to often my clients are more considerate of a 60K car as opposed to a 60K investment which over 10 years would yield a multiple six figure income, to the tune of about 21K a year after taxes, hey not bad...guaranteed moneysimply for doing nothing........

So now back to my dream, hey if I win it, currently the POWERBALL jackpot is about 60 million or more like35 millionafter lump-sum withdrawal and taxes.....I guess I would live off of 3 million...equivalent to what a surgeon may make in a life-time, put the rest in a bank account, maybe start another business, but more importantlyprovide formy child (non yet) grandchild and so on.......

We live in a material world, unfortunately this ideal of capitalismhas causeda great degredation to our society...Remember ladies and gents making money is great, but do just that MAKE THE MONEY, DON'T LET THE MONEY MAKE YOU.....

Need freeinvestment advice

I am available to talk...860-523-5687

Gabe

jaeber
06-06-2006, 11:09 AM
If we won the Lottery, which we
don't play, I would treat my wife as a Queen, as Terry said above. Then
we would take a trip to Europe, like we have discussed but never seem
to save enough for it.

Tithe first, then take the trip, bless my folks and the rest of my family.

James</font>
Edited by: jaeber

hitsman
06-06-2006, 01:03 PM
A couple of other great places to shop.

www.karhits.mydollarshop.com (http://www.karhits.mydollarshop.com)

www.arsgiftshop.vstoremarket.com (http://www.arsgiftshop.vstoremarket.com)

Plus a couple of other venues to make your life easier.

http://khitsman.1free.hop.clickbank.net

hitsman
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
A couple of great places to shop to save money and time.

www.arsgiftshop.vstoremarket.com (http://www.arsgiftshop.vstoremarket.com)

www.karhits.mydollarshop.com (http://www.karhits.mydollarshop.com)

Deesweet
06-13-2006, 08:50 PM
If I won the lottery... (millions) First, I would donate 10% to charities. Then take 5% for yearly living expenses and fun. Afterward, invest the rest. Take 5% out every single year thereafter from the investment for whatever but 10% of that goes to charities.

If I won the lottery... The money will be used to enjoy life simply and comfortably. It will be used to ensure that future generations will have the same.

msupplier
06-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree with you 100% I would use it to make a difference in my community here in Florida.I know people who won but spent it all on foolishness, did not help anyone not even themselves.

Good Luck!

Rose

www.homebiz4less.com (http://www.homebiz4less.com)

tranquilcandles
06-17-2006, 06:42 PM
I wouldn't be rich long because I would help everyone I could.

sojourn_fan
06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I would first put some away in a bank account for my son. Then pay off our debt and buy a nice home. I would also give some to my parents.

soncece
06-18-2006, 03:04 PM
I would take all my family on a cruise -New year's cruise.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

allhisblessings
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Tithe, pay off debt, buy/build a bigger home, save for future/emergencies.

Paulo421
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
I'd definatley put the winnings in a swiss account or any acouth that pays the most apr and live off of the interest. Maybee donate some to charity.First purchase would be tobuy a new house!!

hawkins217
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, if I won the "big one", I would do the following!:

1. Tithe to my church

2. Pay off all of my families' debt

3. Give to charities such as Feed the Children, World Vision, Compassion International, Adventist Development and Relief Agency,etc. I would give to as many as possible

4. Only work part time

5. Take a few nice vacations per year to places such as New Zealand, Australia, Italy, Greece, and Switzerland.

6. Start a foundation to help African American women start their own business

7. Talk to my financial advisor and have him guide me in appropriate investestments.

That's just a start!

mmlsweet
07-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Well let me just jump in here. This might be long.

smileys/smiley2.gif

Pay off my debt.
Pay off my family's debt.
Get them a bigger car.
Get dad a truck.
Buy them a big house with land and pay off all taxes.
Pay their home and car insurance for a year.
New clothes for everyone.
Buy a house myself with some land.
Buy a vacation home in Hawaii.
Buy a bigger car that has AC that WORKS! (Mercedes SL65AMG 07)
Pay my insurance off for a year.
Take my son to Disney world.
Take my son to meet all friends, in Japan, Canada, Brazil, Spain.. just all over.
Visit all the historical places I could with my son.
Get my son a private tutor or check out Slyvan. LOL.
Take my family to any place they wanted to go.
Invest it in some Real Estate and go to Robert Kiyosaki's seminars and get personal training.
Invest in stocks/mutual funds
Start a college fund for my son. Pay for my brothers and sister college of choice.
Establish a scholarship at my old University.
Tithe some to my church and pay for the new sanctuary.
quit my job and do Xango full time.
Take all the personal growth seminars I could and take my teammates with me.
Help various friends with surprise gifts .. like a home makeover. If I was sly enough.. pay off their cars / bills etc.
Buy the best computer on the market and a laptop. Upgrade my internet to the business package for cablemodem.

Hmm these are just a few that I have dreamt of and its just the tip of the iceberg for me. LOL smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

lilsue
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
First, we'd put most of it away (in CDs and other funds that made it untouchable for a while ) until all the hanger-on loser moochers went away. Then we'd buy a fire control helicopter or two for the city of San Diego. (For those of you who don't know we lost several hundred homes a few years ago during a huge fire that shut down air traffic in southern california, not to mention freeways and businesses. It was a horrible nighmare to live through.) Helicopters would have saved a lot of those homes. Then again Gov. Davis could have done that by calling in the military to help...but I digress.

After saving the city from future fires, we'd pay our parents back for our college educations, buy a car, the usual little luxuries. Then my dh would probably quit his job (trader on wall street) and stay home to manage our new found wealth!

uniqlki
07-12-2006, 02:51 PM
First I would tithe, then I would give to my family that truly needs it, put away for my children's and my nieces and nephews college and then I would buy that new house and car I'lve always wanted and then invest the rest and live off the interest.

I'd probably go forth with that business that I've always wanted to start but was afraid to because I didn't want to lose my savings that I had.

Oh yeah, I'd put a security guard at the front gate of the new house because of all of those long lost relatives and friends that would come calling on the newest millionaire. And of course change my phone number toosmileys/smiley2.gif

wawota
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd look after family first, then indulge myself a little. maybe a new truck, house. I'm not a big spender now and I don't think that would change.

sydneysmom05
07-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm, so much I could do.

I'd invest some, pay off debt, give some to family and friends, donate to charity, give someone a huge tip (waitress, homeless...both), save for dd's college, and build a gigantic cabin in the mountains in Montana.

I know there's more, but that'd get me off to a good start!

rsinco
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
smileys/smiley32.gifWow! What would I do with all that money? Well, first I would give a portion to my church. Then my husband and I would pack up our house and leave Las Vegas and move to a more family, friendly place. I would invest the rest so my husband would not have to work and we both can focus on our home business.

I can dream, right? smileys/smiley2.gif

dbdwitt
07-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tithe:

Payoff all bils for family and close friends:

Set children's college fund sot that they never work whil in college:

Build homes for those in need here on the coast that want to stay:

And of course retire:

mjboyd
07-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Hi Cheryl,

If I won the lottery of $ 1,ooo,ooo.oo or more I would help my children pay their large College debt and to their new Hospital then give the rest to Charities, several.

That is what I would do for my winnings.Marlenehttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

buck52
07-20-2006, 07:35 PM
I'd give all my belonging's away, buy whatever I needed. Then get one of those travelling homes. The wife and I would take off for parts unknown stopping whenever we found a place that took our fancy and taking off again when the urge struck. No maps, just where ever the highway took us.
If we ever got tired of that kind of life (which I really doubt) I'd buy a bait and tackle right on the water front some place and spend the rest of my life selling fishing poles and bait, nothing too stressful. My days off I'd be in a little fishing boat using one of those poles.
Nothing quite like being rocked back and fourth in a boat, relaxed enjoyment.
Never know, I might even bait the line once in a while.

rogernj
07-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Believe it or not I would be a school science teacher. Just wouldn't put up with the politics.

user7276
07-21-2006, 01:56 AM
If I won the lottery, I think the first think I will do is to design my own dream house and build it.

axhandle
07-21-2006, 07:58 PM
smileys/smiley17.gifI sort of won a lottery. I'll explain that later on. I have goofed it up! Yes, we got nice cars, and a great house with a fantastic yard!

But now the money's done gone. And we are set up enough to most likely never lose it. But the money that was left well my wife just used it up and we lost $50,000 overnight in scam deal.

And you see where I'm still at - on the internet. But I have a health and wellness outfit that is MLM and it is doing me justice. But to recover our loses - well we'll see!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

Sapphochelle
07-22-2006, 02:56 PM
I would build a home for myself and my kids in Atlanta, GA, buy a house for my mother, volunteer at a local charity to aid homeless women and children and pursue my law degree without any worries about money.

Accent Albums
07-22-2006, 06:02 PM
hmmm, probably a little bit of everything. Let's hope it's a BIG one!

Sherril

ACCENT ALBUMS

www.accentalbums.com (http://www.accentalbums.com)

mjboyd
07-22-2006, 07:26 PM
If I won he Lottery I would first think of me....Get whiter teeth HA and make over !!!

New clothes without looking at the price first.

Have a private Trainer for regular Yogo or/or daily excerises.

Leaving housework and all behind for a rew days.

then help my children and Donate to Lots of Charities what is left over.

Marlene

amberfoley
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
This is my first time posting here, so I thought I would just jump right in! First things first, I am Amber, and I work from home. I am a clerical dispatcher, working from my home office, so I can stay home w/my boys. I take inbound calls for a trucking company, and dispatch them accordingly...

Anyway, I would put most of it back for the boys to go to college on. I would also but a big house, with lots of bedrooms, lot of bathroom space, (you know, a huge tub) and a big kitchen. I would like to also put back money to be able to comfortably buy the boys a car when the time comes. My list could go on and on....lol

mjboyd
07-22-2006, 08:30 PM
If I won the Lottery???
I would have a hard time to know exactly what to do first as there would be so many choices. smileys/smiley5.gif

First I would consult my Accountant and then Be sure to take a course to learn a lot about the Internet.

Improve my family's lives and pay off some or their debts and Help the Needed, I'm sorry to say, they are world wide.smileys/smiley19.gif

Marlene

Heriberto
07-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I Would take my familyreunion in a trip to Europe!

supermom_in_ny
07-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Honestly...

1. an offering for the Church

2. pay off my debt (the cards, the house and the minivan)

3. set up trust funds for my kids

4. pay off my parents bills and renovate their home exactly the way they want it

5. pay off both of my sisters debt and take care of my niece and nephew (trust fund)

After that, I might put in an inground pool for the kids...only if I can afford a pool cleaner to care for it!!!! smileys/smiley17.gif

Pacleader
07-25-2006, 05:16 PM
It's a beautiful thought, but the reality is that 99.9% of us will have to make our own "Lottery".

I think lotteries across the country have become more of a pastime, or something we do because most of our neighbors do it and it provides a conversation piece. For the fortunate few who experience it, God bless them.

Remember the movie, " Bruce Almighty", since the movie lotteries havehad a different meaning to me.

umisus
07-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Yehhh......most of us live in hope.. which can be a good thing :P
My wife &amp; I play this game sometimes...

Definately help all our families, specially sister to get rid of those awful debt collectors...

Yep... enjoy life... go on holidays, update our house, cars, etc...

But... the real joy of it all for us would be to help a large group of needy children around the world. Now that would fulfil our lives... you know, when you're 90 years old and look back on your life and your achievements and then the feeling that you have helped (but really seen where the $ was spent - homes, food, etc) would definately make us complete. smileys/smiley1.gif smileys/smiley1.gif smileys/smiley1.gif

trade786
07-26-2006, 08:04 PM
This is a dream most people cherish life long, and i am no exception. But if at all the dream comes true, enough i have to attend.

First, fullfil all the longings of me and family.

Make planning for some good investment

Then look around for them whom i wanted to help but could not for financial constraint.

Contact some charitable institution and with their help distribute wealth among the have nots.

Build infrastructure for the welfare of ladies and children particularly for downtrodden and the poverty striken mass of the world.

Above all, lead a carefree life.

smileys/smiley36.gif

DreamaW
07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Hello, I am new here, so I hope I post correctly. I would buy my church a new building with part of the winnings. Then, I would go to Ireland and England to sight see and shop. Would like to have the wedding I dreamed about, and the honeymoon(no kids allowed!!). I would give to all the charities I could, and also invest some.smileys/smiley4.gif

Dreama

rhatchett
07-28-2006, 09:59 AM
If I won the lotery, i would donate to church and charities, pay all my bills and buy a house. I would also help my family with ther debt issues.

MomsOpNet
07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Last year if I had answered this question I would have said one thing and did another.

This years since I have read Dave Ramsey's, Total Money Makeover,I would have to say pay all my debts including my house, set up college funds for my kids, and set up a great retirement plan investing in mutual funds. smileys/smiley1.gif

torresinc
07-28-2006, 12:37 PM
50% I would reinvest in my business and other investment ventures
20% I would use to pay bills
20% Fun, toys, trips...
10% Family and charities

robin123
07-29-2006, 10:29 PM
I would pay off my house, buy my sons a house, buy me a new car, and my daughter a car , and invest and explode my business! smileys/smiley17.gif

affilifred
07-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Hi Cheryl, I am Devon.

I would setup my "friends" in business but they would have to pay me back over time - to get them to be more serious about and put some urgency into the business.

</span></span>my wife, a forum member, suggests that we give ourselves a company name and just go around helping people.

</span>

affilifred
07-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I am a soon to be WAHD - dad smileys/smiley4.gif

</span>I would try to fix it so that me two children will not have to struggle like I am - please do not get me wrong they will have to learn how to work for it, just that it is sure.</span>

I would also setup my "friends" in business with the condition that they will have to pay me back, with interest over time - this is to get them to put some urgency and commitment into the business.
</span>

frankienov
07-30-2006, 12:38 AM
The first thing I would do is pay off all my debt. Then I would buy a home, buy a car, and invest the rest of my money

AllyLu
07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I would BUY MY FREEDOM! Pay off debts, quit my job, and travel for a while. smileys/smiley4.gif

hooter59
07-31-2006, 10:21 PM
smileys/smiley36.gif if i won the lottery that would be great-i wouldn't have to worry about getting up for work even if it is just part time-i could contribute to the church since we are always below budget buy some things for my daughter as well as put money away for college, help out my parents who are always broke-there are so many things but of course go see an accountant first!
Helen

soncece
08-01-2006, 04:13 AM
I won $25 last week. Last year i won $3400 and I bought new skis for my daughters, we went skiing in Austria... I havent spent all the money yet. I save it for rainy days.

3kidsandthedog
08-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone! My husband and I play this "What If" game all the time. It's fun, and you never know. It could happen :-)

I know for sure I'd take care of my in-laws and kids and make sure their future was secure. I'd pay off my debts, just for the freedom of it. Certainly I would invest it but I'd really like to set up something for single parents. They struggle alot and I would love to be able to do something to help that. Like maybe buy an apartment complex just for single parents and make the rent cheap! I don't know, but I know I would give back in some way.

And I would take my family and a few close friends on a trip, one that lasted at least a month.

Finally, I'd start writing that novel that's been on the back burner for the last 20 years..............

kerenza
08-02-2006, 03:43 AM
Depending on how much I won, I'd make sure my family was financially secure &amp; buy all the status symbols such as a great car &amp; nice big house - 5 bed will do- I'm not greedy :-)

But then I'd like to do something useful with the money. Kids deserve every bit of happiness in their lives and I'd really like to do something for critically ill or terminally ill kids- like give them a special treat of some sort, be it a hot air balloon ride or a dream trip somewhere.

shinichi
08-03-2006, 05:31 AM
If I won the lottery, first of all, I would invest a big part of it. I know boring!!! Then I would take my mother on a trip wherever she wants, first class and buy her a really nice present. I would probably give her a big chunk of the money because she deserves it and that's always been my dream. However knowing her, she would just keep it for me in a savings account. So I think I would send her the money every month so she has more to spend. My partner would love to quit his regular 9-5 job and wants to open a gardening shop, so probably would help him do that.

I don't really want anything myself...maybe a new computer? Hmmm

RayChaney
08-04-2006, 06:18 PM
The first thing I would do is call in - not sick, but rich. After that, the same as most others - pay off debts, better cars, the home we've always wanted, make sure the kids and grandkids are taken care of, travel, wise investments so we don't have to worry.

richwink
08-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I will invest into real estate property business. Create the jobs.

I will invest into humane society. Create the jobs.

I will invest into the companies who are committed in the environment. Like solar-powered electric for homes.

I will donate to any organizations to help the needs. Like American Red Cross and Salvation Army.

I will donate to any non-profit environment organizations like Sierra Club and Natural Resources Defense Councial so our kids and next generations can live to see our earth's natural source. I will buy hybrid vehicle and good one pedal-powered bike.

I will not pay off the house mortgage cuz of tax advantage.
Of course, I will buy second home with thousand acres where the animals can roam. smileys/smiley2.gif

MyKrazyZoo
08-11-2006, 01:40 AM
#1 thing I would do upon finding I won the lottery is hire an attorney!!!!!

I would pay off my debt. Put away college fund for each child.

Then, I would love to buy my dad a new car, he has never had a brand new one in his entire life! Come to think of it-neither have I. Would fix up my dad's house and pay off his debt as well as help out my sister.

Ihave always wanted to buya camper and just drive with family in tow to wherever our hearts desire..freedom! I need a vacation anyway!

At some point we would buy a house with land so we could have horses to ride...freedom again!

I would help my kids to realize their dreams as well as their potential.

Since I would have lots of money now, I would go back to school and oh yeah, hire a part time housekeeper.

There are so many avenues out there forstar students fromhigh income and lots of grants for low income families but if you are don't fall under the criteria for either you are outta luck, therefore I would create a college scholarship fund forcognitively challenged children fromthe lower middle incomefamilies.

I would donate to children's charities and pet charities as well as to cancer research. I love helping people so I would do as much as I could.

I would hire someone to show me how to invest or do it for me.

hmmm, I know there is more I'm not remembering

Now, I just need my numbers to come up! smileys/smiley32.gif

ayamana
08-11-2006, 01:54 AM
I would spend a little, save some andInvest most of it.

Seriously, I think money changes most people.

It can be goodor bad!

most people will do anything or say anythink to be RICH.

And when they get it, "They show their true colors" if you know what I mean!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

morganr
08-11-2006, 05:55 AM
smileys/smiley1.gifI think that i would try to keep it as big as a secret as possable and just help people out. Plus i would be the richest person at work! I thinck that would be fun trying to keep it a secret!

Arny
08-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Lotery

Consult a financial adviser would be the first things if the amount was large.
Arny http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif

ceddy
08-14-2006, 06:59 PM
After I gave tithe to my church I would spend the rest onbuying rental properties so that we would have an income when we retire.

max007
08-14-2006, 07:14 PM
The first thing I would do would to make sure may family was well taken care of. College funds for nieces and nephews. Pay off my parents house etc.

I would buy a few "toys" I always wanted, but that would only take a couple hundred thousand dollars. The rest I would put into an endowment that would propetially help others less fortunate.

I don't think I would stop running my business. It's really starting to take off and with all of it's success, it's really getting fun.I feel If I stopped being active or running my businessI would just get old. I don't want that. I might cut my time to part time and volunteer someplace cool.

Probably, the last thing I would do,is take up a few more hobbies.

Remember...never stop living for the dream!

Lourdes
08-14-2006, 07:51 PM
I will do a lot of things.....

Stacy Beal
08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
If I won the lottery...My husband &amp; I have an idea to build a YMCA kind of place in our little town (about 3000 population) for the kids. So they can go swimming, hold Boy Scout meetings, exercise, etc. Then, we would make it free for anyone in the town for the first 5 years. It would be a whole sports complex kind of place along with meeting rooms, party rooms, etc.

Then, I would of course pay off my house, buy a new car &amp; take an exotic vacation!

TracyLayne
08-16-2006, 09:34 AM
If I won the lottery? hhmmmm....

First and foremost, I would tithe to my Church and purchase a bus for the Childrens Ministry.

I'd make sure friends and family were taken care of and then indulge a little myself smileys/smiley2.gif

I would then have a free skate park built in my community for all the little skater guys and gals around here. Including my own ... LoL

chippewapub
08-16-2006, 06:08 PM
If I won the lottery, and as long as it's not the $5.00 winner, I'd:

*Invest some where I could live on a specific amount. (important to know
what else I could do)
*rebuild my mother's kitchen
*set aside college funds for the kids
*invest in my publishing company
*start a college fund for women business owners
*finally go on a vacation
*buy a house
*donate to organizations that help abused children
*start a small ranch to help horses that have been mistreated,
malnourished, etc.

With the exception of the horses, I don't think anything on the list is very
expensive, but it sure does add up.

SHCS
08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
If I won the lottery... I, too willfirstpay my tithe to the lord, Then I would go to Australia with my family to see my oldest sister whomI haven't seen for 36 years and then fly to Christmas Island where I was born and lived the first forteen years of my life.I would buy or build my dream home, investsome of that money...I would travel around the world and serve church misssions with my husband.

sturgesmommie
08-17-2006, 02:11 PM
The first thing I would do is pay my tithe...Then I would pay my bills and the bills of my sister, brother and grandparents. I don't think that I
would be rich for very long. But while it lasted I would enjoy the $.

phenixchica
08-19-2006, 01:45 PM
If I won the lottery I would pay of all debts, get a home makeover, give to charity and take a vacation in Hawaii.

Ounooi
08-20-2006, 06:58 AM
smileys/smiley36.gifOh my! I hope its a lot! I will give some of it to my parents and In-laws, otherwise I would not have my wonderfull husband.

Then I will buy Property's, lots of them, so we can retire and go on holiday for the rest of our lives.

LadyJag
08-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I'd quit my job. Hubby would quit his. Then we'd pay off the house, buy some land just outside of town and take our time building our dream home.

After that, we'd sell or rent our current place and put the money into my baby's college fund.

Geez, reading it over, it sounds sooo boring! smileys/smiley2.gif

dan42baker
08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
I would increase my advertising budget !!!!(LOL)

I would figure out how to preservr the principle and live off divedends

i would also contribute th organizations that make a difference in childrens lives

mjboyd
08-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi

I would be very carful to see how much the winning would be coming in my own hand before predicting what I would do with my winnings.

If over a million dollars then I could see some different improvemnets that I would go for in my family situation.

No need for a greater HOME OR CAR OR CLOTHES none of the material things do I wish for or need at this time but to help others.

Go traveling and relax with no more college degrees to aim for. Just take one day at a time with all my Angels helping and watching over me, giving me advice along the days that I have Left on earth.

Good Luck to all. Hope you win some day soon.smileys/smiley2.gif

Me

DjBard06
08-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Going back to another post on this folder. If I won the lottery I would buy a island and start my own society from scratch. Of course it would have to be a really nice chunk of change. But it would be peaceful no crime, no war, no drugs, and all wahm's can live there for free.smileys/smiley1.gif

msears
08-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, let's think about that for a moment

First I would Tithe

Second I would pay off all our debt

Third I would quit my J.O.B.

Forth I would give it my all in the business of my dreams.

That's just for starters!!!!

Mike

The Sleepyhead
08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Parties...lots of parties!smileys/smiley12.gif

Lori Ann
09-03-2006, 07:16 PM
First I would pay off all my debt, then by more investment properties for retirement, finally make sure that all 6 of my children's school tuition and college education is paid for.

Then I would give the rest away. Wow, I guess I would have to win a lot with 6 children...LOL

Lori Ann
09-03-2006, 07:19 PM
First I would pay off all my debt, then by more investment properties for retirement, finally make sure that all 6 of my children's school tuition and college education is paid for.

Then I would give the rest away. Wow, I guess I would have to win a lot with 6 children...LOL

txmomof2
09-07-2006, 08:30 PM
If I won the lottery I'd pay off my house, take a month long vacation to Hawaii and move my parents and in-laws closer to us.

nkthen
09-09-2006, 11:14 PM
If I win lottery, I'll keep them in a bank and live off the interest... smileys/smiley17.gif

mspierre
09-10-2006, 06:38 AM
I definately give my tithes and offering to the church. Payoff all my debts,put money away for my sons,and invest in real estate. That is just some of the things I would do!smileys/smiley2.gif

samomof3
09-13-2006, 05:27 PM
If I won the lottery I would first pay off all my debt. Take my kids on a good vacation. My sister lives in Europe and I have not seen her for ages and that is the first place I would go to. I really miss her alot. We are close. I would then invest some of the money and also open two businesses and get other people to run it that I have alwys dream of opening but money is really tight and will always be!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley19.gif

Well it is good to dream. I also have ideas of a few products that I would like developed. Dreaming is nice because you never know what lies ahead!

kellrogin
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I would retire my husband!smileys/smiley2.gifI would buy anrv and travel all over the United States with my husband and three growing boys. I would like to be able to see where we would like to move to raise our kids. And travel to Europe. I think this would be an educational experience for my family and I.smileys/smiley9.gif

thestuffinder
09-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I would buy an entire music store's worth of gear and make some noise!

I would never have to drool over a guitar center catalogue again.

I also have always dreamed of owning a beachfont home.

Ahhhhhh... toes in the sand smileys/smiley17.gif Edited by: thestuffinder

lancesters
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
As a believer in Jesus I have read quite a few responses saying they would tithe and then.....I wonder how many of you realize that tithing is an old testament principle designed for servants not sons like we are.Are you still living by formula and not relationship.I assure you that Jesus has a present day plan for what to do with your money if you learn how to hear him.Don't get me wrong here acts of charity to our brothers is definitely something we are commanded to do in James but so much of what is being taught in church is scripture being lifted out of it's setting and distorted.God is not a vending machine in the sky where you are automatically blessed if you titheand cursed if you don't.There is a lot more to being a believer than just plopping ourselves in church ever Sunday.What if you hate your neighbour?Is God somehow handcuffed to bless you because you tithed.What if I told you your prosperity was provided on the cross(2 corinthians 8:9) the same way your salvation and your healing was(grace).What if I said that it was through his poverty on the cross,not your giving that allows you to prosper.It is time for believers to stop swallowing everthing they hear and check out the word.For excellent teaching on this go towww.garycarpenter.org (http://www.garycarpenter.org) God bless all who except this challenge

InternetBadger
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
If I won the lottery...I would first get my family set for a life of pursuing their dreams. Find appropriate investments/assets that would spin off a monthly income for life. Then I would take a bunch of the money and give family members luxury items that they have been dreaming about - vacation homes, cars, etc...then we would get to work as a family.

We would build a family foundation that provides support (financing and management) to the charitable purpose of choice (whatever each family member has a passion about). I would pursue three things first - 1. Educating all ages in fitness and health 2. Supporting our troops through USO activities and 3. Alternative energy sources - wind, geo-thermal, fuel cells and solar.

It sounds a little selfish in the first part but it would focus our lives work on helping others (sure, after we get more material luxury items) but I would build our budget in order to accomplish all of the things I talk about above. With a budget we wouldn't get to the point where we havepurchased so many possessions that we don't have anything left to give back.

Interesting to think about...now how do we do these things without winning the lottery? Still working on that one...

dmv1029
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM
I'd give my house to family and buy a new one that's somewhere near the beach. i'd open a trust fund for my daughter that she couldn't touch until she was 30 (because we all know mistakes we make with money while we're young!) I'd write a big fat check to some kind of charity. I'd open up my own clothing store, but I wouldn't have to work long hours because I'd hire someone else to do that. And last but not least, I would STOP scouring the internet for a decent work from home job!! Haha...

spacechimp
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
i'd be a full time philanthropist (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;sa=X&amp;oi=spell&amp;resnum=0&amp;ct=result&amp;cd=1 &amp;q=philanthropist&amp;spell=1)

Elma Gillett
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
A MILLION $$??

I would definitely tithe first, as God is first; then I would take care of my immediate family's needs (not wants) (they are second); then I would help myself (job third) by investing my new gift ($$) and time with God's direction through the professionals he leads me to.

Included in my dreams are: a home of my own (no more renting); some new wheels (a van for long distance trips and a small car for short trips); an updated computer for my homebased business (as I will still want to help others with their business); a sewing machine that does more (or another one that does other things as well) to continue my hobby of sewing for others and myself; a yearly trip to ALASKA to visit my family and friends without having to return asap; to donate to organizations that "teach a person how to fish and not just give them the fish" such as educational foundations.

lsmacstreasures
09-19-2006, 05:08 PM
If I won the lottery, I would fall to my knees and thank the Lord above, paymy tithe, and start an improvement fund for church. I would pay off all of my debts, and my families debts,help a few of myfriends that have been so good tome.

Then, I would freeze my retirement, walkout of my career afree woman, yes, walk, straight to the RV dealer and buy afifth wheel RV, and travel, travel, travel. There are so many places I would love to visit!

I would stop at small restaurants and leave huge tips for the waitress. I would visit homeless shelters, and children's homes and give, give, give. I would probably put some of the money in savings and live off the interest, and then give the rest away!

Wow! I was in a stinking mood, just got home from my day job. This has made me feel so much better! Thanks WAHM's!

http://lsmacstreasures.com/images/uploaded/dancingbear.gif

Joy at Home
09-19-2006, 09:04 PM
What a wonderful topic.

1. I would pay off all our bills, then the college bills that my children have.. My daughter is a Chiropractor and has accumulated alot from School. I would love to help her out thenmy youngest son went toTech training for auto mechanic and has his hands full with 2 daughters and trying to build a new home. I would just love to help all 3 of my children. My eldest son doesnt have and school bills he is in the Air Force and Schooling still remains free there.

2.Then I would take my wonderful husbands truck down to the shop and get the rear fenders fixed. One that I backed into with my semi and the other he backed a trailer into. His beautiful new truck oh well we are learning to really love.

3.Then I would build a beautiful Log cabin out in the rear of our 20 acres, plant some field grass for the horses and have abeautiful big barnconstructed. with corralsand a riding arena.

4. Then I would have some cabins built so that we could bring children in from the urban city and give them a chance to relax and seewhat country living is all about.

5. I would give my younger sister the home we live in now so she couldget out of the horrible situation she is in.

6. I would take a trip with my sweet heart and go to Isreal and maybe see the Swiss Alps

7. I would try to do something good for just 1 person each and every day for the rest of my life to touch as many lifes as I could so that peoplecouldknow that someone cares...Nanny B

fredak
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi,

Wow, let me hold that thought for awhile......wow, what a load lightener...when I win the lottery.....what would I do?

I would certainly tithe to the one who supplies all my needs, God give me wisdom to give as You direct.

After that I would pay my mortgages off, all my bills and debts with a big smile on, being thankful to those who were patient with me in my lack and understood my needs.

Then I would consult a financial advisor to help me take proper care of this 'trust' from Him( My Saviour). making sure I make sound investments so the wealth will continue.

Help those I know will be responsible with help given.

Finish building my downtown buildings.

Build home out of downtown. Build a Christian retreat for travelling ministers. and ministers that need a place of rest..etc.

I love living in Alaska, so I would build those things which make Alaska a wonderful place to live.

Thanks for the opportunity to hold this wonderful thought for awhile and I know that someday it will be a reality, maybe not though the lottery, but in the way the Good Lord provides.

Fred

awilliamson
09-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I would thank God and give back! Definitely give back. Then I would pay off all our bills, buy some real estate on the coast somewhere and invest the rest. Of course, I would help my family also. (Certain ones)

Danniet
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Oh a dream that will never come true LOL! I would pay off all of our debts for once in our life, set up funds so my children would be set. I would make sure dh and my families had no worries. I would start my own charity to feed hungry american children, not that there is anything wrong with the charities that feed the hungry elsewhere it is just that I don't think there is enough of those here, I went to bed hungry too many nights to count as a child and I hate the thought that other children are still going through that today. I would then start a business, probably a restaurant. That is something DH and I have always wanted to do. Finally I would buy a nice home, not lavish but large enough for us, I would buy myself a new minivan because I love my van and I think they are functional, and I would buy dh an F-350 King Ranch because he deserves it. I don't know a whole lotta people who have won the lottery but I actually used to work for a couple that won the lottery. They were the greediest most heartless sob's I have ever met. Low down, rotten people that wouldn't even give a X-mas bonus, The funny thing is that every time the lottery gets big again, they take a thosand dollars and just blow it on tickets and wouldn't you know it they hit it a second time.

gypsyqueen18
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi Cheryl,

I would buy me a nice house, setup an annuity trust for a comfortable retirement for myself. I would then setup an insurnance annuity for my grand children so that when each one reaches the age of 21 they can start off in life however they choose.

Gypsyqueenhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

Penzaro
10-03-2006, 07:11 PM
<LI>Buy my girlfriend an engagement ring</LI>
<LI>Buy my Mother her Beach House</LI>
<LI>Buy My Father His Sports Car</LI>
<LI>Pay off my Girlfriend's, Brother's, Sister's, and My college loans</LI>
<LI>Pay off My Car -(I Love my Honda Accord!)</LI>
<LI>Purchase A New Home</LI>
<LI>Pay off All Debts</LI>
<LI>Lots of money to Children's and Animal Charities</LI>
<LI>Invest the rest</LI>
<LI>Continue to go on living and working on the Fortune I Intend to create ANYWAY...</LI>

And With THAT...I could go on dreaming all day, but I"ll give someone else a chance...

Melanie Milleti
10-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I'd buy property-
A farm that could be grown organic.

I'd build a couple of lovely homes on it- one for us, one for my Momma.

And then I'd plant organic orchards, gardens, nut trees- the lot.

Real value- something we could live on if everything went to pot.
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->

FamLiFrst
10-04-2006, 12:16 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_8_8.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)
I would play more
Definately Give More