WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Cleanse Report!

Rebecca K.
06-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I just started a cleanse this week!

I also started a new work out program and doing martial arts training..

I am so proud of myself because I needed to get out the house and meet people!

deadra
06-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Let us know how you cleanse goes!!! and good luck to you!!!

pilongirl
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
could you tell me about this cleasing thing im really interested in it

Mothermomtotwo
06-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah for you!! Go Rebecca!!

Rebecca K.
06-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I am doing a cleaning. You can lose weight and rid your body of toxins.

You can call me of you want too.

Are you trying to lose weight?

We have a great product for that with our company.

Check it out.

Colonix
06-28-2007, 02:24 PM
When used properly, Colon Cleansing can be very beneficial to your health. But some products don't have very good formulas.

Which product are you using to cleanse?

domsmom
07-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm on a 3 week cleanse right now with a new program I started called Simply for Life.
There's no pills or funny drinks.....it's all about what you do/don't eat and drink!

I've lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks! 10 lbs of that was in the first week! I know it's mostly water weight when you get started but BOY that number is NICE to see! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

Mothermomtotwo
07-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm on a 3 week cleanse right now with a new program I started called Simply for Life.
There's no pills or funny drinks.....it's all about what you do/don't eat and drink!

I've lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks! 10 lbs of that was in the first week! I know it's mostly water weight when you get started but BOY that number is NICE to see! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif

Can you tell me more about this cleanse please?

domsmom
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
It's part of new lifestyle change using the Simply for Life program. Unfortunately, the program only has clinics in Canada right now....but I'm fortunate enough to live on the border with Canada and can just cross over and meet with the nutritional counselors.

The first 3 weeks of the plan are called the "cleanse" to rid your body of "extra" stuff that's been hanging around inyou and get rid of excess water weight.
It's also designed to "reset" your metabolism back to normal and get your cravings and sugar under control for when you start the "fat burning" phase of the program.

The whole program is based on the Glycemic Index...something similar to NutriSystem, but with your own food that you cook and shop for so you can get yourself familiar and into the habit of shopping and cooking more healthy!

The cleanse portion is determined and different for each person based on height, weight, amount of weight you want to lose, medical history, stuff like that.

I'll glady share it with you if you want to PM me and tell me a little bit about yourself.

The BIG MAJOR thing is Portion Size and staying away from sugars, salt, most carbs.....wheat pasta and wheat/brown rice are allowed but very little.

Also....the menu/meal plan is set up to maximize your weight loss/fat burning by eating certain foods at certain times of the day in a certain order....FOR EXAMPLE: carbs ONLY at lunchtime so that you have the entire to day to burn them off! Make sense?

I have over 100 pounds to lose and am almost 6 feet tall....to give you an idea of what I'm up against.

But, after 2 weeks....I'm down 14 pounds and Monday will be the last day of the "cleanse" phase for me....and then I go into "fat burning" mode! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gif Can't wait to start that part!

Just to let you know......this is NOT one of those "lose weight quick" things......it's designed to be a lifestyle change for the REST of my life.....so anyone who is looking to lose a few pounds quick......I'm not sure if it would work unless you continue to maintain the healthier eating habits.