WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

moneymama
06-26-2007, 02:42 AM
I got a free account at slimfast.com where it puts together meal plans for you based on your needs, and as soon as my baby is out (4 days till due date!!).. I am going to try following the website's advice to get back to my pre-preggo weight.
It has an option if you are nursing, and it ups your calories quite a bit than normal, but that's fine.. I don't mind a slower loss to keep my supply up for the baby.

So one meal will be a shake (I make my shakes in a blender and add whole fruits), and the other 2 main meals will be healthy carbs & veggies (no enriched foods).. and then 3 snacks a day.

I am so looking forward to ditching these pregnancy junk food cravings, but I'll miss the chocolate creme pies.. mmmm LOL !

I will post my progress..smileys/smiley4.gif

happymommy
06-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Congrats on your new little one! Best wishes for a wonderful delivery. :) Be sure to drink tons of water. That will help you keep your supply up. The only suggestion I would make if you are nursing is to wait at leasta couple of months to formally try to lose weight. Your body needs time to adjust and get your supply built up. The weight WILL come off, so hang in there! I was craving all sorts of stuff by my final month. I didn't want any sweets until then, but man...I think I made up for the entire pregnancy at the end! lol

Here is a great article on weight loss while nursing:

http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-weightloss.html (http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-weightloss.html)

Good luck and we look forward to hearing all about your baby and your progress! Take care!Edited by: happymommy