WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : yogurts

ewedeb
06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
i like eating yogurt and even get some chocolate ones to get in my chocolate fix in a healthier way.. I've tried the yoplait whips and those are pretty good. have to say, I had Trader Joes Coffee Cocoa and it was good! Very rich consistency, good chocolate flavor..

any other suggestions of good kinds? I do eat other flavors besides chocolate! LOL but I'm trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners so avoiding some of the lights right now..

love more ideas!

OrangeSmoke20
06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
MY BF got me hook on Yoplaits White Chocolate Raspberry. For something that only has 60 calories and no fat, it is DARN GOOD! Don't know if Yoplait has artifical sweetners or not!

happymommy
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Stonyfield Farm Organic is all I will eat now. I love it! No artificial anything.http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley20.gifI've heard Greek yogurt is really good and good for you, but I haven't seen it yet.

ewedeb
06-25-2007, 08:38 PM
they have the greek yogurt at trader joes but haven't tried it..stonyfield i always see but don't think i've tried.. will do!

OrangeSmoke20
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Stoneyfield is a good one! I get their black cherry! Yummmmmm!!!

veperez
06-26-2007, 07:29 AM
The yogurt that I eat is Dannon's Lite & Fit yogurts. And if i'm craving something chocolatey... I use the vanillaone & mix it with sugar free chocolate syrup. http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

These do have sucralose (Splenda) so I don't know if they will be a problem...

~ Vilma

Swidmom
06-26-2007, 10:21 AM
MY BF got me hook on Yoplaits White Chocolate Raspberry. For something that only has 60 calories and no fat, it is DARN GOOD! Don't know if Yoplait has artifical sweetners or not!

Thats my favorite too. I put granola in it too.

happymommy
06-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Stonyfield used to have a Maple flavor...YUMMY. It was whole milk though, so not low fat, but soooo good! I was so sad when they stopped making it, but it was probably a good thing! lol

If anyone tries the Greek yougurt let us know how it is. I *think* it's suppose to be creamier and higher in protein. I don't know if it comes flavored, but I remember reading somewhere to mix it with a little All Fruit spread. I don't have a heath food market near me, so I don't know when I'll be able to try it. Edited by: happymommy

cinnamonmomof3
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
I have been in to plain yougurt latly. It takes a bit to get used to but you can mix your own fruit or honey in to it and it's very yummy.

twest78
07-01-2007, 05:55 PM
If you like plain yogurt, chances are you'll like greek yogurt. It is very plain, thicker in consistency that regular yogurt, good to mix fruit in or granola because it holds up and doesn't get watery. It is quite a bit more expensive though! I buy it at Meijer here...in MI.

NStatler
07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I used to make the plain no-fat yogurt with sugar-free jello. They used to have the recipe right on the box of jello.

happymommy
07-09-2007, 08:53 AM
OK...I just tried Fage Greek Yogurt. Love it! I had the 2% w/ Honey. The sugar is a little high, so as a normal snack, I'd have a serving of protein w/ it to balance it out. They have a 0% plain w/ no sugar and 13 grams of protein. I'm going to try that one w/ some fruit or a little Polanars All Fruit in it next. It's thicker & creamier than regular yogurt, I think.