WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Hi everybody

BadgerMama
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi!
I'm BadgerMama. I've been here on WAHM for a while now, but am just now getting into trying to get into shape. I've always been heavy, always been big, and the last time I was under 200 lbs was about...8 years and two babies ago.
I've tried and tried and tried to do exercise regimens, to watch what I eat, but I have literally no support here at home, and I don't know anyone to work out with, so I'm turning to y'all.
I was much impressed, reading this forum, in seeing how much you all do support each other and encourage one another and keep one another accountable.
Do you have room for another?

I'm 220 lbs. and 5 ft 4. I'm really, really tired of being heavy. I started exercising today, and am watching what I eat. I'm not on any certain diet plan, just eating three meals with only one helping and drinking more water. I rarely drink soda, but I'm a coffee freak. I have some exercise dvds and some weights, and I can do like 15-30 minutes of a lot of different exercise programs through cable OnDemand. So if anyone wants to recommend a program, please do, I may have access to it. I'm a beginner, though, so go easy, please. ;)

So I'd appreciate it if y'all would help me out. I promise to be supportive of y'all as well.

Thanks
BadgerMama
(Sherri)

ewedeb
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
good luck to you adn welcome!! this is a great supportive board

OrangeSmoke20
06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Welcome! This is a wonderful supportive and motivational group of individuals! Dive right in and start reading....lots of great advice and helpful hints!
: )

caitalexmommy
06-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow! Great idea... I always tivo things like my lifetime and my lifetime movie network http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifI should check out the fitness channel or something and maybe start tivoing those as well for a change of pace every now and then. Welcome! There is aaaalways room for more. There is a wealth of info on here from REAL people, not just someone trying to sale you something, so as Dawn said, just dive right in!

lilmisssunshine
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
welcome!
i used to be around 220lbs (not entirely sure how far up i went cuz i would only step on a scale when the doctor made me). i've lost the weight slowly over time (over about 5 years i guess).
the thing that helped me was to make small changes. if you try to change too much at once, then you'll eventually crack and fall back into your old habits.
for example, for dinner i used to eat pasta one night, pizza the next, pasta, pizza, pasta, pizza (i'm vegetarian). when i found out i had pcos, i attempted a low carb diet, but as a vegarian it's difficult. but what that got me doing was eating more veggies. for example, i might have a big salad (no meat) for dinner. or just a big bowl of edamame (soy beans).
good luck. we're here for you!
love,
shannon

veperez
06-26-2007, 07:23 AM
WELCOME to the boards Sherri! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

I'm looking foward to reading more about your progress. We are all here to support and help one another.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

~ Vilma

chrlstoncharmed
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Hola, Sherri! Are you in WI or does Badger stand for something else?

angienewton
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Welcome Sherri! We definitely have room for you herehttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley31.gif

I'm not on a certain diet plan either. I just watch portions, drink a lot of water and exercise. I'm a coffee lover toohttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

BadgerMama
06-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Badger Woman is my Native American name. I use BadgerMama here because I'm also a SAHM.

mommytotwo
06-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Sherri,
Welcome! You will find a wealth of information here. I would say if you are a beginning exerciser, you may like the Walk Away the Pounds workouts. They are easy to follow and easy on your joints. As you do those and lose weight, you can move up gradually to harder workouts. I have a plethora of workouts I do at home from The Firm to Turbo Jam to Christi Taylor. On my light days, I pop in a Walk Away the Pounds and do that. I have several more DVD's that I haven't mentioned here, so I can guarantee I never get bored working out at home. The Firm is probably my favorite workout and I love Christi Taylor because her music and choreography is great. She is more for advanced exercisers though.

Anyway, start slowly and then add some harder workouts as you lose weight and gain stamina. Walk Away the Pounds is a great workout for beginners!

Take care!
Kaye

deadra
06-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You'll find a variety here!! Good luck to you!!

proud_mommy84
06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Welcome!http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif