WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Started Taekwondo today...yowza

DollCarlson
06-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh my gosh....I've been watching my kids do this class 2x a week for the last few months and have been WANTING to try it so today I did and wow...um, it's really hard! LOL

But it was good for me because I get so bored on machines and while I love to lift weights I just can never get the energy (after chasing around my 4 children) to make time to workout at home.

I feel so uncoordinated though! hee hee...kicking is harder than it looks! Where is Billy Blanks when I need him?

I'll let you know how I do...wonder when I get to start breaking boards!

Angela

caitalexmommy
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Congrats, Angela! I took Tae Kwon Do when I was younger... we all started taking classes as a family as something that would be fun to do together. We all kinda stopped going except for dad and he ended up getting his black belt. I think anything that is fun for you and that you can all do together is great. It's a great work out, but it's also a hobby so you don't always feel like you're working out. I've thought about getting back into for a long time. Now, I'm thinking of it again lol. Good luck! It's really fun. :)

DollCarlson
06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
The ONLY thing I miss so far is being able to watch the kids do it. I'm so focused on not falling down when I'm kicking or whatever that I miss seeing my little Henry kicking which is SOOOOOOO cute! I love these guys, they rock.

Hopefully I'll develope some confidence in it soon. I hate this part, the "I feel like a geek" part. I believe, really strongly that most people do NOT start a new fitness thing because of that "geek" phase. Fear stops us way too often.

angienewton
06-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds like a nice change of pace for exercise! So are you in the same class as your kids?

I'm sure you know butonce you get the moves down, you'll gain more confidence and won't "feel like a geek" LOL but I do know what you mean by that.

Go get em Angela!

chrlstoncharmed
06-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I would totally feel the same way! http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gifBut Taekwondo sure sounds like fun!