WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : No fat Recipes inside...

OrangeSmoke20
06-24-2007, 02:25 PM
HI!
Mentioned the other day about needing some chicken recipes, and I thank those that responded. Here are some recipes I found that are no fat that I thought someone may enjoy. I have not tried these out yet, but I thought I post it anyway! I plan on trying the no fat chicken with pasta, the no fat cheesecake, and the tasty fruit dip!
: )
DAWN

Fat Free 7-Layer Mexican Dip
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) fat free cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 cup thick 'n chunky salsa
1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
If desired:Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:
Mix cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add seasoning mix; beat until well blended. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
Layer remaining ingredients over cream cheese mixture; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Serve with low fat tortilla chips.
Recipe makes 38, two-tablespoon servings.
Nutrional Bonus:
This Mexican fat free, cholesterol free dip is sure to please family or guests.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 20
Total fat: 0g
Saturated fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 150mg
Carbohydrate: 2g
Dietary fiber: 1g
Protein: 2g
Diet Exchange: Free

No Fat Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 cup banana, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Lightly grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.

Oh So Tasty Fruit Dip
Ingredients:
1 package French vanilla instant fat free pudding mix
1 cup skim milk
1 cup sour cream, fat-free

Directions:
Combine instant pudding mix with milk. Whip until thick. Fold in sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite sliced fruits.
Recipe makes 16 servings.

Chocolate Angel Food Cake
Ingredients:
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 cups egg whites (14 eggs)
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Sift flour and cocoa together three times; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, about two tablespoons at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla. Sift about a fourth of the flour mixture over egg white mixture; fold in gently. Repeat, folding in remaining flour mixture by fourths. Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Turn off the oven, but let cake sit in the oven for five minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately invert pan; cool. Loosen sides of cake from pan and remove.
Recipe makes 12 servings.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 190
Total Fat: trace
Cholesterol: 0
Protein: 5gm
Sodium: 65mg

<H1>No-Fat Cheesecake </H1><!--LATEX
\index{No-Fat Cheesecake}
\index{Cheesecake!No-Fat}
-->(from the kitchen of Jill McElderry-Maxwell)
From Bruce &amp; Jill's Favourite Family Recipes
Serves 12.

<MENU>1 32-oz container plain, non-fat yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
2 egg whites
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
graham-cracker crust (http://dinnercoop.cs.cmu.edu/dinnercoop/Recipes/ari/uva/DecafDesserts/GrahamCrackerCrust.html)
</MENU>

Drain yogurt overnight through yogurt strainer; discard whey. Blend yogurt cheese with remaining ingredients until smooth. If desired, melt chocolate chips and blend with 1/2 cup batter; swirl through remaining batter. Pour into graham-cracker crust. Bake at 300 degrees for about an hour, or until firm but not stiff. Chill overnight before serving.

No Fat Chicken with pasta..
<H3>Ingredients</H3>
<UL>
<LI>~4 chicken breasts
<LI>2 lbs pasta
<LI>2 cups no fat sour cream
<LI>1 tsp garlic powder
<LI>1 tsp onion powder
<LI>1 tsp Italian seasoning spices
<LI>salt to taste </LI>[/list]
<H3>Directions</H3>

<LI>Cook pasta for 10 minutes. Drain and wash.
<LI>Add garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning spices, and salt to taste to fat-free sour cream and simmer while pasta is cooking.
<LI>Cut chicken breasts into cubes and cook in a Teflon-coated frying pan (use no oil).
<LI>Add chicken pieces to sauce and serve over cooked pasta. Serves 4-6.</LI>

Very low fat Chocolate chip cookies..
<H3>Ingredients</H3>
<UL>
<LI>whites from 4 large eggs
<LI>1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
<LI>10 tablespoons powered cocoa </LI>[/list]
<H3>Directions</H3>

<LI>Preheat oven to 375°F.
<LI>Separate egg whites from 4 large eggs.
<LI>Beat on high speed in a small bowl with a mixer to form stiff peaks.
<LI>Slowly add sugar into beaten egg whites on high speed. Mixture will be thick at the end.
<LI>Transfer egg white/sugar mixture into a large bowl.
<LI>Add powdered cocoa to egg white/sugar mixture using slow speed. Mixture will have a pudding-like consistency.
<LI>Drop ~2 tablespoons/cookie onto cookie sheet and bake 11 minutes. </LI>
<H3>Makes</H3>
<UL>
<LI>~24 cookies
<LI>50 calories/cookie
<LI>2 calories fat/cookie
<LI>6 mg sodium/cookie </LI>[/list]

Edited by: OrangeSmoke20

angienewton
06-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for sharing! They sound yummyhttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley1.gif

OrangeSmoke20
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Your Welcome! I am looking for interesting ways to spice up the foods we eat : )

Mothermomtotwo
06-25-2007, 06:34 AM
ooohhhhh! The Chocolate Angel Food Cake sounds--heavenly!!!
Can't wait to try that one, with lots of strawberries or raspberries!

proud_mommy84
06-26-2007, 05:29 PM
These are great, thank you!

OrangeSmoke20
06-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Your Welcome! I wanna try the cheesecake...LOL!