WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any receipes?

OrangeSmoke20
06-23-2007, 11:07 AM
HI!
I took the online blueprint for the 6 week body makeover last night, and because of the body type it says I am....I am suppose to stay away from Red Meat : ( and focus on lean chicken, turkey, and seafood (I only eat crab and clams). So I was wondering if anyone has any simple to make recipes for chicken. My family gets sick of eating chicken, so I figure if I make something new and exciting, maybe I won't get the grumbles from them. We are red meat eaters, and although I have cut out ground beef (haven't had any since January)...we still eat red meat at least 1 time per week. So any easy to do, yummy recipes would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
DAWN

mommytotwo
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi! I am not sure what things you can eat with your chicken and what you can't, but we eat chicken quite regularly and one of our favorites is this, I make it using all light or fat free ingredients:

4-5 chicken breasts
1 can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
1 small container of low-fat or FF sour cream
4 slices turkey bacon

Wrap raw chicken in turkey bacon. Mix all soup and sour cream together in a bowl, pour over chicken. You can cook it in a crockpot on low for several hours (which is what I do) or bake it at a low temp (like 250) for a few hours for VERY tender chicken. It is really yummy. I always remove the turkey bacon before eating.

-We also use a lot of marinades and grill our chicken on the grill with fresh veggies. We especially love the 30 Minute Marinades by Lawry's.

-You could also put some BBQ sauce over chicken in the crockpot and cook until done, serve with a side salad and other veggies.

-I also take taco seasoning, water and a bunch of chicken breasts and cook them in the crockpot and shred the chicken when done. You have instant chicken for chicken tacos, chicken taco salad, a chicken wrap, etc.

Hope this helps, we eat a ton of chicken!

ETA: I forgot that I do not add crm of chx to the first recipe, it is just crm of mushroom and sour cream over the chicken. Sorry!Edited by: mommytotwo

mommytotwo
06-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I also get Cooking Light magazine in the mail, it is a wonderful magazine full of low-fat meals. I am going to include a link to their online site with recipes just for poultry. HTH
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=browseResults&&MAIN+INGRED IENTS=Poultry&keywords=&sort=&&page=1&subCatsListe d=false (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=browseResults&&MAIN+INGRED IENTS=Poultry&keywords=&sort=&&page=1&subCatsListe d=false)

lilmisssunshine
06-23-2007, 03:17 PM
i'm vegetarian, so i have no idea from experience....

but how about an indian chicken curry? or other indian type foods. that would be pretty different from the same-old.

love,
shannon

OrangeSmoke20
06-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Thank you so very much! I appreciate. Mommytotwo...I think I will try that recipe tomorrow if I can get to the store : )
DAWN