WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : VILLLLMA!!!!!

cgraham30
06-23-2007, 07:26 AM
I want to thank you so much on the info you sent me. I was starting to get discouraged because I couldn't lose those last 3lbs to reach my 1st goal of 50lbs.

I took the info you gave me and combined it with info from my BF's Dr...He needs a Kidney and since I'm "O" postive, which is a "universal blood type" I could be a potential match!!! But they won't do any further testing until i lose 50-60 more pounds and get my body fat % at 30 or below. i'm know at 44%http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif

as we both know I wasn't getting enough calories, so I joined sparkspeople and it has really helped me to keep better track of my calorie intake. I need 1200 to 1500 calories a day to lose 50lbs by 1/2008, so for the last few weeks I have been eating enough, adding more vegetables, fruits, fiber and proteinand "good fat" to my diet...

As for SI6..I started BIU on Saturday and after a week I can get thru "most " of the workout. When I started SI6 I was 246lbs, I'm know at 231lbs with about 10 inches lost. I did gain 2lbs once I upped my calories, but I lost that plus an additional 2lbs.

I've also turned into one of"those" people that i found"annoying",A WEIGHT LOSS Maniac(i'll try anything). My coworkers have all saw the change in my body over the last few months and we started a walk club at work.We walk 30min everymorning, and 3 of them are coming to my house this afternoon toworkout with me.

so thank you for the info and pointing me in the right directionhttp://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gifEdited by: cgraham30

angienewton
06-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Way to go, Cheryl! You are doing GREAThttp://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley32.gif

And Vilma is great isn't she?http://forum.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

veperez
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM
smileys/smiley32.gif AWESOME Cheryl!!!smileys/smiley32.gif You are doing great!!!

Yeah, make sure you keep those calories up there & never go below 1200kcal per day. Believe it or not, as we eat more calories, our metabolism speeds up & resets it's self at a higher # meaning that we can still eat more AND still lose. The opposite is true as well... if we eat less our metabolism slows down & well... you know the rest -- our weight/fat loss stalls & our metabolism resets to survive on lower calories. Once we start eating more calories, our weight starts to creep up.

Way to go on the extra walking & being an example to your friends!!! smileys/smiley32.gif smileys/smiley32.gif

Always remember that being healthy and getting down to your optimum weight/body fat% is a lifelong process. And despite all the fads & quick weight loss stories out there... The safest & easiest way to keep the weight off is to lose about 1-2 lbs. per week.

Cheryl, you are losing weight the right way!!! smileys/smiley32.gif The healthy way. Take off pounds slowly, and
steadily with a sensible lifestyle program that includes the important
elements of cardio training, strength training and proper nutrition.

Measure your body fat, not just your body weight, and continue to make this a
new lifestyle, not a race, and you will never have to take the pounds
off again, because they will be gone forever the first time.

Thanks for your kind words!!! smileys/smiley31.gif

As always, here to help,

~ Vilma smileys/smiley1.gif

Edited by: veperez

veperez
06-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I took the info you gave me and combined it with info from my BF's Dr...He needs a Kidney and since I'm "O" postive, which is a "universal blood type" I could be a potential match!!! But they won't do any further testing until i lose 50-60 more pounds and get my body fat % at 30 or below. i'm know at 44%http://www.wahm.com/forum/smileys/smiley7.gif

With hard work and dedication , you can get this below 30% in no time.

I was at 43.5% BF in February of this year & with extra cardio, weight training & proper nutritional habits, I am now at 30% BF.

It took a good 4 months, but it's doable!!! You can do it!!!

~ Vilma

ewedeb
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
vilma is awesome!! as are many of you on this board.. I joined sparkpeople adn love it! i'm not great about logging my food b/c I don't know why.. find it tediuos! LOL but i log my w/o, have been eating well, drinking my water

in fact today i went to teh gym b/c I know I can't go tom and mon and I've been on such a roll i want to keep it up! i'm goign to have to pull out tae bo for monday's work out!!

thank you vilma and FV mom, jmurra, and angie.. you all provide such great resources!